Not even close but still hits, range issue

• I’m pretty damn sure it happened to all of you players, if not, you just lack attention or you’re too high to notice it :D
    So many times, i won’t bother to parry, assuming the opponent is out of range, but then, bam, swing in the face!
    Most of the time it will occur while fighting MAA….
    On my screen, the tip of the weapon is easily one meter if not more away from my face, but the hit will register anyway, it’s unbearable :x
    On the other side, i can’t count how many time i managed to hit a guy’s face when i was sure i would miss that hit.
    My FOV is currently at 120.

• Probably latency issue. The enemy is closer than he seems to be. Happens to me all the time and it is pretty frustrating. On the other hand, sometimes (really seldom) it happens the other way around, i.e. me hitting an opponent I should not be able to hit at all.

• My FOV is currently at 120.

Set your fov to 90, test if it still happens. If your screen isn’t wide enough to support 120 FoV there will be significant distortion from the edges to the center of the screen.
    Latency is also a factor in every online game.

I’ve noticed this mostly with man at arms, and I attribute that to lag time and the speed at which maa move.

• Your Fov is too high. When you raise your fov, the camera gets a little behind your head, so hits that don’t seen to connect keep hitting you because the camera is a little behind your hitbox

• @LipinhoW:

Your Fov is too high. When you raise your fov, the camera gets a little behind your head, so hits that don’t seen to connect keep hitting you because the camera is a little behind your hitbox

Ah, I’m set at 120 as well and its been annoying, since something that seems to miss at a foot away lands. Really screws things up.

• It is most certainly the FOV issue. I’ve used 120 fov before and ran into this problem many times and trained myself to block early.

But now I’m playing at 100 Fov. The transition was hard but the distance feels more natural now.

• It is most certainly the FOV issue. I’ve used 120 fov before and ran into this problem many times and trained myself to block early.

But now I’m playing at 100 Fov. The transition was hard but the distance feels more natural now.

• I play at 95 and don’t have issues with this often. The only times I do is when I’m fighting someone with a very long weapon (zwei, spear) that I’m not used to fighting as much.