CU1 Patch 1.5 Now Live - April 29, 2013

• Update April 29th - Live!

Enjoy the patch!

Changelog:

! Improvements/Additions/Tweaks
    !
    ! -After being deflected from hitting walls/ground/environment, you’re now unable to parry until you return to idle. An exception is made for destructible objects, such as the cage locks on Citadel or walls protecting the royal family on Darkforest.
    ! -You can no longer follow up with a combo if you’re struck while in release.
    ! -Fists and Piercing/Blunt weapons now explode heads properly.
    ! -Fists now use normal weapon tracers and deal appropriate hitbox damage, making them more precise to hit with and less forgiving - you can now duck and sidestep punches properly. Let the tavern brawls truly begin!
    ! -Further improvements to block detection, eliminating some more edge cases of attacks going through parry boxes when a player’s block was properly aimed.
    ! -Blocked the use of certain mildly exploitable UE3 console commands.
    ! -Shield toggle is now consistent between all weapons - either pressing 3 or the number of the weapon (I.E. 1 for primaries 2 for secondaries) will toggle the shield, where previously the behavior varied with some weapons.
    ! -Mute commands now mute text as well as voice.
    ! -Perspective lock and free camera now only apply to living and dead players respectively, not spectators.
    !
    ! Bugfixes
    !
    ! -Fixed flinch sometimes causing “ghost” attack animations to play rather than the flinch animation.
    ! -Fixed a bug/exploit causing players without stamina to be able to daze others who weren’t out of stamina.
    ! -Fixed server browser issues introduced in Patch 1.
    ! -Fixed flinch not applying to dazed players.
    ! -Fixed an issue causing siege weapons to appear to fly into the air when a player enters one and jumps.
    ! -Fixed a bug causing catapults to fire point blank when double clicking.
    ! -Fixed players who join spectator still being displayed as being on the team they were previously on.
    ! -Fixed blood particles from dismembered limbs spawning incorrectly.
    ! -Fixed an issue causing players to spawn with the wrong loadout when switching from a team, to spectator, and then to the opposing team.
    ! -Fixed being able to sprint with a bow or crossbow ready to fire.
    ! -Fixed being unable to sprint with throwing weapons and the sling ready to fire.
    ! -Fixed the missing return button from weapon select.
    ! -Fixed both arrow types being displayed as bodkins in weapon select.
    ! -Fixed being unable to throw a torch while sprinting.
    ! -Fixed spectating players who are using a ballista forcing the ballista to rotate.
    ! -Fixed being unable to queue javelin throws.
    ! -Fixed spawning with a random weapon equipped.
    ! -Fixed a case where the setname command wasn’t being blocked properly.
    !
    ! Map Changes
    !
    ! Citadel:
    !
    ! -Added awnings to first mason spawn to prevent archers from firing at the ballistae.
    ! -Removed collision from damage states on the locks that were registering player strikes.
    ! -Removed Balista after completion of first objective
    ! -Minor spawn tweaks on final objective for attackers
    ! -(Sound)Made malric must not fall/attack the throne room commander vo attacthed to end of statue fall, was previoused bugged and starting when sale cage pens came down
    !
    ! Hillside:
    !
    ! -Trebuchet 3 message should display correctly now.(Was showing trebuchet 4)
    !
    ! Stoneshill:
    !
    ! -Multiple collision and stuck spot fixes
    ! -Fixed an exploit spot for archers in which they could hide inside the gatehouse mesh.
    ! -Fixed a spot near the mason spawn where players could get on top of the rocks and were hard to access.
    ! -Smoothed over the landscape in areas.
    ! -Moved the ammo crate to the front of the Throne Room to reduce archer nesting around the king.
    ! -Patched up some mesh holes/overlaps

~~Update April 24th - RC2:

The second release candidate, with fixes for the following issues, is now up on the beta client:

-Throwing axes being unusable when equipped with a bastard sword.
    -Being hit in release playing flinch animation but not preventing comboing properly.
    -Alt swings being broken when used with the alt modifier rather than a dedicated key.
    -Removed a potentially abusive test command.~~

~~Update April 17th - RC1:

This update contains fixes to reported bugs from the last beta (torches remaining equipped with 0 ammo after being thrown, javelins breaking, etc.).

The only new changes are reducing the delay before health begins regenerating to 4 seconds, and a potential fix for the alt-swing exploit.

The experimental changes have been removed - as this is the release candidate for the next patch, we’ll be able to push it live as long as beta testing shows nothing new is broken.~~

A new followup patch to Patch 1 is now available on the Beta app. I know I said before the next patch would be balance focused, but we’ve gotten a lot done since the start of Patch 1’s beta, so we decided it was best to push out another quick patch to address some of the core issues that just barely missed the first patch - this is stuff we wouldn’t want to delay during the testing phase of Patch 2.

! Improvements/Additions/Tweaks
    !
    ! -After being deflected from hitting walls/ground/environment, you’re now unable to parry until you return to idle. An exception is made for destructible objects, such as the cage locks on Citadel or walls protecting the royal family on Darkforest.
    ! -You can no longer follow up with a combo if you’re struck while in release.
    ! -Fists and Piercing/Blunt weapons now explode heads properly.
    ! -Fists now use normal weapon tracers and deal appropriate hitbox damage, making them more precise to hit with and less forgiving - you can now duck and sidestep punches properly. Let the tavern brawls truly begin!
    ! -Further improvements to block detection, eliminating some more edge cases of attacks going through parry boxes when a player’s block was properly aimed.
    ! -Blocked the use of certain mildly exploitable UE3 console commands.
    ! -Shield toggle is now consistent between all weapons - either pressing 3 or the number of the weapon (I.E. 1 for primaries 2 for secondaries) will toggle the shield, where previously the behavior varied with some weapons.
    ! -Mute commands now mute text as well as voice.
    ! -Perspective lock and free camera now only apply to living and dead players respectively, not spectators.
    !
    ! Bugfixes
    !
    ! -Fixed flinch sometimes causing “ghost” attack animations to play rather than the flinch animation.
    ! -Fixed a bug/exploit causing players without stamina to be able to daze others who weren’t out of stamina.
    ! -Fixed server browser issues introduced in Patch 1.
    ! -Fixed flinch not applying to dazed players.
    ! -Fixed an issue causing siege weapons to appear to fly into the air when a player enters one and jumps.
    ! -Fixed a bug causing catapults to fire point blank when double clicking.
    ! -Fixed players who join spectator still being displayed as being on the team they were previously on.
    ! -Fixed blood particles from dismembered limbs spawning incorrectly.
    ! -Fixed an issue causing players to spawn with the wrong loadout when switching from a team, to spectator, and then to the opposing team.
    ! -Fixed being able to sprint with a bow or crossbow ready to fire.
    ! -Fixed being unable to sprint with throwing weapons and the sling ready to fire.
    ! -Fixed the missing return button from weapon select.
    ! -Fixed both arrow types being displayed as bodkins in weapon select.
    ! -Fixed being unable to throw a torch while sprinting.
    ! -Fixed spectating players who are using a ballista forcing the ballista to rotate.
    ! -Fixed being unable to queue javelin throws.
    ! -Fixed spawning with a random weapon equipped.
    ! -Fixed a case where the setname command wasn’t being blocked properly.
    !
    ! Map Changes
    !
    ! Citadel:
    !
    ! -Added awnings to first mason spawn to prevent archers from firing at the ballistae.
    ! -Removed collision from damage states on the locks that were registering player strikes.
    ! -Removed Balista after completion of first objective
    ! -Minor spawn tweaks on final objective for attackers
    ! -(Sound)Made malric must not fall/attack the throne room commander vo attacthed to end of statue fall, was previoused bugged and starting when sale cage pens came down
    !
    ! Hillside:
    !
    ! -Trebuchet 3 message should display correctly now.(Was showing trebuchet 4)
    !
    ! Stoneshill:
    !
    ! -Multiple collision and stuck spot fixes
    ! -Fixed an exploit spot for archers in which they could hide inside the gatehouse mesh.
    ! -Fixed a spot near the mason spawn where players could get on top of the rocks and were hard to access.
    ! -Smoothed over the landscape in areas.
    ! -Moved the ammo crate to the front of the Throne Room to reduce archer nesting around the king.
    ! -Patched up some mesh holes/overlaps

~~Experimental

These changes will not be going into the live patch, but since they’re already complete, we want to have them on the beta so players can give feedback on them while we work on other Patch 2 tweaks:~~

! Feint changes - first pass only, subject to change:
    !
    ! -The last .15 of an attack windup is unfeintable.
    ! -Feinting from a combo has a .1 longer recovery.
    ! -Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.

!
    ! Other:
    !
    ! -Modified some things about dodge that should make it smoother and less buggy - this needs extensive testing so we can be sure it addresses the problem without introducing new issues.
    ! -Hitting destructible objectives no longer counts as a miss, and thus does not drain stamina - need to be sure it doesn’t make attacking too easy on Citadel.

• kroEiX5tkE0

• -Fists and Piercing/Blunt weapons now explode heads properly.
    Now THAT sounds interesting!

• @Lulzaur:

-Fists and Piercing/Blunt weapons now explode heads properly.
    Now THAT sounds interesting!

It was always intended (this is Chivalry after all, everything has to remove your head somehow!) but wasn’t possible until we gave fists normal tracers - which it just so happens makes fistfights much more satisfying as well. So tavern was a great excuse to make it a priority :P

• Boy, the moved ammo box is going to be interesting. Going to have to put consistent manpower into protecting it from oil pot man-at-arms players if it wound up where I think it wound up.

• @Dick:

Boy, the moved ammo box is going to be interesting. Going to have to put consistent manpower into protecting it from oil pot man-at-arms players if it wound up where I think it wound up.

It is right by the middle open gate at ground level.

And I would take that over putting the whole team in the small area over the throne any day :D

• Feint changes - first pass only, subject to change:

-The last .15 of an attack windup is unfeintable.
    -Feinting from a combo has a .1 longer recovery.
    -Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.

Holy fuckballs mcshit! Woohoo! Looks like exactly the kind of attention it needs. Good shit.

It is right by the middle open gate at ground level.

And I would take that over putting the whole team in the small area over the throne any day :D

Yep, definitely going to make defending the box interesting. I agree it’ll help though - the current stoneshill throne room stage can get pretty static.

I hope you guys will get this patch pushed out to live sooner than the last one, though. :p

• Javelin throwing has a bug, I spawned a second time, threw one javelin and was unable to throw another. Just got the beep beep sound as I was trying to throw it under any circumstance.

I was able to reproduce it easily enough mixing it up a bit with sprinting and throwing.

Edit: It blocks the entire queue - cant switch weapons either.

• Great work!

No vet. helmets fix? :(

• Feint changes - first pass only, subject to change:

-The last .15 of an attack windup is unfeintable.
    -Feinting from a combo has a .1 longer recovery.
    -Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.

Other:

-Modified some things about dodge that should make it smoother and less buggy - this needs extensive testing so we can be sure it addresses the problem without introducing new issues.
    -Hitting destructible objectives no longer counts as a miss, and thus does not drain stamina - need to be sure it doesn’t make attacking too easy on Citadel.

WOOHOOOOOO

• I’m kinda confused on one thing. You said this patch is available on the Beta app. Does that mean it’s only available in the Beta version of the game and it’s not live yet? I don’t remember having downloaded a patch on Steam.

• @Lulzaur:

I’m kinda confused on one thing. You said this patch is available on the Beta app. Does that mean it’s only available in the Beta version of the game and it’s not live yet? I don’t remember having downloaded a patch on Steam.

Correct. Its on the Beta app ID.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta

I edited the topic title to reflect that this is the beta for it.

• @Andrew:

@Lulzaur:

I’m kinda confused on one thing. You said this patch is available on the Beta app. Does that mean it’s only available in the Beta version of the game and it’s not live yet? I don’t remember having downloaded a patch on Steam.

Correct. Its on the Beta app ID.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta

Ok thanks! My English comprehension failed me for a moment :jlaff:

• Also, like everything on steam, things don’t always automatically update. I had to restart steam for the update on the beta app to take effect.

• Nerfing the feints would be actually a good idea

• “-Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.”

I’m not sure how I feel about that. Using varying amounts of feints to be unpredictable is a big part of how one can be aggressive with spearing weapons.

• @Ramare:

“-Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.”

I’m not sure how I feel about that. Using varying amounts of feints to be unpredictable is a big part of how one can be aggressive with spearing weapons.

Keep in mind, these are experimental, and won’t be in the live build. Just getting a jump on testing them for the next patch. They will definitely be dialed back/up as needed.

• No vet. helmets only working in official servers fix? :(

• @Ramare:

“-Attacks made after a feint cannot be feinted.”

We’re aware that some weapons rely more on feints than others; hence why this change isn’t final, and feint changes will be fully released alongside balance tweaks, so that weapons losing more from the change will get something in return.

• @AbyssusAther:

No vet. helmets only working in official servers fix? :(

A few people, me included, has been able to use them in other servers. It takes a few rounds for them to kick in, but they usually stays after. I don’t know why/how that work.