Why is this game so infuriating AND awesome?

• @BillDoor:

For me the frustration comes from knowing exactly what I did wrong. Mind, half of the time the answer is “I got too close to my LMB spamming teammate.” :x

As others said, the first-person melee combat is what makes it so awesome. That grand maul is coming straight for my head! I move so much in my chair trying to dodge these hits that I actually have to lock the wheels before I play. Doesn’t matter, I still scratch the hell out of my floor. :D

Yeah I do that from time to time, as my wife keeps telling me I do this.

Must get it from my grandfather…. he still has an old NES with Super Mario Bros which he still plays from time to time. Whenever I see him on level 8-2 where that “Jump onto the small bit, then jump over the long gap” part, he always swings his arms with the controller to the right and up in the air as if it will help Mario jump farther:

[image:1i3zfvu2]http://ian-albert.com/games/super_mario_bros_maps/mario-8-2.gif[/image:1i3zfvu2]

…. I’m pretty sure I did that a few times when I was younger too 8-)

Guess I still have that trait going on in Chivalry.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Whenever I see him on level 8-2 where that “Jump onto the small bit, then jump over the long gap” part, he always swings his arms with the controller to the right and up in the air as if it will help Mario jump farther

It does, son. It truly does.

• I guess another annoying thing is when you are just having a plain ol’ bad day in the game. Which reminds me: Has something changed about timing in the previous patch? I swear, ever since the patch I can’t seem to combo to save my life. Parry stabs in particular seem to work when they feel like it, whereas previously I hit them every single time. All combos feel weird now. Is it just me?

• @Goatamon:

I guess another annoying thing is when you are just having a plain ol’ bad day in the game. Which reminds me: Has something changed about timing in the previous patch? I swear, ever since the patch I can’t seem to combo to save my life. Parry stabs in particular seem to work when they feel like it, whereas previously I hit them every single time. All combos feel weird now. Is it just me?

There was a combo change, check the patch notes.
    Stabs can start a combo but you can’t combo a double stab. So stab-overhead-slash-oh-slash-oh-slash.
    Stab breaks a combo. So stab-slash-oh stab-oh-oh-slash stab stab stab

• @BillDoor:

@Goatamon:

I guess another annoying thing is when you are just having a plain ol’ bad day in the game. Which reminds me: Has something changed about timing in the previous patch? I swear, ever since the patch I can’t seem to combo to save my life. Parry stabs in particular seem to work when they feel like it, whereas previously I hit them every single time. All combos feel weird now. Is it just me?

There was a combo change, check the patch notes.
    Stabs can start a combo but you can’t combo a double stab. So stab-overhead-slash-oh-slash-oh-slash. Stab breaks a combo.

Ah, I see. Well that explains a great many things.

• Only thing that makes me rage is when I’m fighting heroically on the battlefield and then a arrow (or crossbow bolt) from my archer teammate hits me in the back right as I am trying to block, thus I am “flinched” for a brief second in which my head is chopped off.

Also teammates make or break a game simple as that.

• @Goatamon:

@Del:

You are not alone.

I’d say because everything is usually in 1st person, the blows hit harder and you can feel the impact in real life, so when you are killed it actually causes some sort of pain on a subconcious level.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. It’s the fact that it’s melee, and you are getting hit in the face. That, and “unfair circumstances” matter more in this game I think. Like even if you just get 2 people attacking you at once, it’s not just twice as hard, it’s about a million times harder, at least if the two attackers have any sense at all. Getting ganged up on is so much more frustrating.

This is the reason I love it. 2vs1 is soooo much harder in this game then most others.

• @Sir_Henric:

Only thing that makes me rage is when I’m fighting heroically on the battlefield and then a arrow (or crossbow bolt) from my archer teammate hits me in the back right as I am trying to block, thus I am “flinched” for a brief second in which my head is chopped off.

Also teammates make or break a game simple as that.

teammates dont flinch you - you just take damage.

• When I feel a hit shouldn’t have landed, I lag, I get an arrow in the back of my head… etc, stuff out of my control, I can definitely get frustrated. But when things are going smoothly, it’s the most fun I’ve had since Darkfall.

• Yes, dying to a gangbang is frustrating.

On the other hand, going 1v3 or 1v4 and coming out on top of a pile of bodies? There is no greater feeling in gaming. Trust me, practice more, outplay four people at once, and you will be roaring out your battlecry of victory in real life. I’ve woken up my roommates doing that and I don’t care one bit, its sooooo worth it.

You’ll get there one day, and it makes all the random arrow-flinch-into-decapitations worth it

• I must say, I´m loving this game. It is a good game, because you actually have to pay attention to your sorroundings and especially of your actions. I am not a player, who is mad, because I lost. But it frustrates me, when I am being hit by an attack, which is too far away to actually connect. The hitboxes problem is one of the most annoying ones, which wasn´t so problematic in the pre-patch. But what frustrates me the most is, when people win, chop my head off and rape my body. It is simply rude. It gives you the feeling that the opponent wants to say:“Haha, you lost. You are weak. I am far better than you. Wow, I am so good”.
    There is something which is called “good manners”. But there are simply people, who doesn´t understand them at all.

The fun part are also the weapon animations. You actually “feel” the force behind your weapon and its a feature, I didn´t experience in my past games.

• @Necrozombie:

I must say, I´m loving this game. It is a good game, because you actually have to pay attention to your sorroundings and especially of your actions. I am not a player, who is mad, because I lost. But it frustrates me, when I am being hit by an attack, which is too far away to actually connect. The hitboxes problem is one of the most annoying ones, which wasn´t so problematic in the pre-patch. But what frustrates me the most is, when people win, chop my head off and rape my body. It is simply rude. It gives you the feeling that the opponent wants to say:“Haha, you lost. You are weak. I am far better than you. Wow, I am so good”.
    There is something which is called “good manners”. But there are simply people, who doesn´t understand them at all.

The fun part are also the weapon animations. You actually “feel” the force behind your weapon and its a feature, I didn´t experience in my past games.

Haha… I do that chopping-limbs bit sometimes, not to mock the enemy, but rather because I’ve been fucking pissed at that particular dude for a long time and finally killed him. xD

• @Hitom:

Haha… I do that chopping-limbs bit sometimes, not to mock the enemy, but rather because I’ve been fucking pissed at that particular dude for a long time and finally killed him. xD

I understand that you want to get your frustration out :D . But it gives you sometime the impression, especially when they start to laugh at you.

• I chop limbs off because I’ve got nothing else to do while I heal. Try not to take everything as an insult.

• You are right. Right now I think there is just to much wrong with the game. Hope the awesome feeling I used to have comes back if the bugs ever get fixed.

• @BillDoor:

I chop limbs off because I’ve got nothing else to do while I heal. Try not to take everything as an insult.

When did I say that I feel insulted? I am getting frustrated. When a high ranked player (from lvl 30) cuts all your limbs off and laughs at you, wouldn´t you feel a little annoyed? Honestly, when you are new to the game, it may be fun for a time. But a high ranked player doesn´t need this and the delay between the defeat and the next round is not so great…

And I am not the only one feeling like this. I met several people, who feel offended, not just annoyed… ;)

• You are not alone by me, too.

I oftentimes consider Chivalry to be my favorite and most hated game, at the same time. Probably due to what those guys on the 1st page said, that melee combat… you just feel more… THERE!
    But, most of the time, I’m on a roll, and thus Chivalry is my favorite game :D.
    Few things beat killing 3 knights in a group as a single, alone Man at arms. Except for decapitating all of them.
    8-)