Could we ever see horses/jousting? Would it work?

• Love the game as is, and wouldn’t care if this never came into the game.

However, I’m sure it’s been brought up. Do you think it would work in a game like this? Jousting and sword fighting from a horse could be fun…

• Would have to be a map specific for it, the maps and game itself as they stand now can’t have horse riding, too much collision and getting stuck on pebbles.

• Yeah the maps really aren’t designed for it.

Although it would be cool and I’m sure they’d like to do it, I’m happy that they left it out of this game and focused more around the melee combat. It was a wise decision in that this is their first ever commercial game, and they had enough on their plate to go on. No point attempting to integrate something like horse combat in if they weren’t sure they could do it properly.

Maybe one day in future, or in a mod… Either ways wouldn’t hope for it any time soon in this game, if at all.

• Jousting DLC! Kickstart that S–-! :p

• Yeah… Too much uneven ground to see any realistic/smooth movements of the horses.

• @imdahman:

Jousting DLC! Kickstart that S–-! :p

Hold your horses! Wait until the game has been properly balanced and patched up, then we’ll talk…

Heh…

• I can see them making a map in the future with jousting in it, but horses in general wouldn’t really be compatible with the game.

• Didn’t the devs say they wouldn’t include horses in Chivalry?

I don’t remember where, but seems to me I read that. Maybe in one of the Q&A’s…

xaZtrRRaGV0

Around 3 mins 49 secs in.

• I could very well see it as it’s own game mode with it’s own maps designed for it somewhere down the road but personally I would prefer if they focus on more weapons/armors/maps and perhaps even new classes such as barbarian/samurai/ninja/etc.

• I’d pay DLC for a Shetland Pony on Battlegrounds.

• @Artorius1:

I could very well see it as it’s own game mode with it’s own maps designed for it somewhere down the road but personally I would prefer if they focus on more weapons/armors/maps and perhaps even new classes such as barbarian/samurai/ninja/etc.

Personally, the last thing I’d ever want to see are Samurais or Ninjas. Maybe in some Japanese mod.

I could handle Mongols, Mamluks or Turks as they actually fought Europeans but mixing Japanese with European is just silly.

• Maybe introduce them as a new faction?

• The new Vikings tv show is really awesome and makes me want to see a Vikings mod for this game.

You guys should check out Vikings, it’s pretty cool!

I’m also waiting for the Game of Thrones Mod, and the eventual Helm’s Deep TO map…

• @gregcau:

I’d pay DLC for a Shetland Pony on Battlegrounds.

But they are fat.

• Mounts would be easy to put in. Treat them like vehicles in SW:battlefront 1/2. They spawn, you run over, get in, use, they can die and have respawn timers. It would be easy to put in mount spawn points on maps like moor, or design maps that feature mounts.

• Maps are much too small, except team objective but they are layered off. And there are shitty collision detection so you get stuck in invisible walls all the time. It wouldn’t work.

• @imdahman:

Jousting DLC! Kickstart that S–-! :p

This!!! OMG! GO FOR IT!

• But like someone said. It would have to be map spesiffic. Though I’m thinking this might be quite easy to implent in a duel map 1vs1. They both start at one end and ride towards eachother with lances, like in that wierd knight movie I can’t remember now…

• Meh, not interested. The combat will quickly become old since there is an extremely low skill cap for that particular type of game play.