Why does it seem like people can now parry-counter…

• ….without doing the parry part first?

Several times since the patch I swear I’ve seen a few players that seem to be able to do the fast counter part of a parry-counter without doing the actual parry first. Like they can just do it at will without needing to be attacked.

• combo feint to parry pretty much bypasses recovery time.

• I must say I noticed something like this yesterday, a few times I blocked this fellow’s strike and then counter strike (which hits) and instantly receive a sword stab to the face. It couldn’t be a parry-counter because he didn’t parry, it was more like a hit trade but I couldn’t work out how he did it so fast.

• @NoVaLombardia:

combo feint to parry pretty much bypasses recovery time.

This shows you have no idea what you’re talking about lol. He says there’s no parry involved and you talk about feint to parry.

• Do you mean like you can’t actively see him parry and your attack gets parried away?

This is pretty normal, and attributing lag and latency, you sometimes don’t see the enemy do a parry animation at all. It’s not a bug, but you can also be attacking so fast and moving your mouse so fast that you miss them doing the parry animation (it’s very fast and only really noticeable when they aren’t been attacked so the full animation plays out).

Hope that makes sense.

• @DokB:

Do you mean like you can’t actively see him parry and your attack gets parried away?

Actually I do see that happen as well, but I basically mean some people seem to be able to summon a really fast hit like the one from a parry-counter, but in this case they aren’t parrying an attack. It just looks like a sudden random extra fast swing.

• @AngryDave:

….without doing the parry part first?

Several times since the patch I swear I’ve seen a few players that seem to be able to do the fast counter part of a parry-counter without doing the actual parry first. Like they can just do it at will without needing to be attacked.

I’ve seen something like that where I parried them and then they almost instant hit me like it was off a combo.

I figured it was some kind of feint exploit.

• @AngryDave:

@DokB:

Do you mean like you can’t actively see him parry and your attack gets parried away?

Actually I do see that happen as well, but I basically mean some people seem to be able to summon a really fast hit like the one from a parry-counter, but in this case they aren’t parrying an attack. It just looks like a sudden random extra fast swing.

I saw this before the patch as well its nothing new, no clue how they do it. Usually see it very occasionally on high ranked players using 1 hander. Lag, hack, who knows.

• From my own (and possibly misinterpreted view) there are times when I parry at a odd angle (say I’m fighting two other people at once) and I parry a part of their weapon that makes my stab after I parry (or sometimes overhead a well) EXTREMELY fast and is rarely blocked by them. I mean where I parry then BOOM stab leaving me no time to mousedrag what so ever. My load out is longsword with broad sword and kite shield incase your wondering.