Score Board Change

• Hi!

I am suggesting removing “Kills” from the scoreboard and replacing it with “Damage Dealt”. I personally feel that this is a much more true indication of ones contribution to the battlefield.

(And ofcourse, subtract damage dealt with damage dealt to allies!)

What do you think?

• Interesting idea.
    There is a support kill indicator but no one serious player on earth cares about support kills.
    Maybe both? kills and damage dealt in a sub section of the scoreboard?

• Yeah. I seem to get a LOT of “support kills” :P Sometimes even an enemy runs up and TK’s his friend/my foe so I don’t get points. And sometimes I can have a bit of a duel with a couple of enemies, damage them down to, well, bloody-all-over, and then an archer gets me. Like you said, damage dealt is a much more true indicator of ones contribution hehe

• K/D is only important to 1v1 players.
    K/D/A and Dam should all be shown in the team modes.
    Worrying about your K/D ratio ruins more team matches than a bad archer. Well, maybe not more

I care about support kills - I’m an archer. Give me a scythe and I won’t care as much. :)

• Stupid to remove kills stat.

A good thing would be to add a special category for team kills, team kill deaths, team kill damage given, team kill damage received.

And make the damage counter more accurate. I am pretty sure it register always the damage theoritically given, and not the real damage received. Meaning if you are fragstealing it does not show on the stats. Assisting is punished damagewise.

On one hand it is just a detail. On another hand I think those ideas are simple enough to be implemented quickly, or should have been at first. It is not some big revolution of the FPS genre here.

• @delta:

Stupid to remove kills stat.

A good thing would be to add a special category for team kills, team kill deaths, team kill damage given, team kill damage received.

That is one variant yes, but I fear that it will clog up the interface too much and make a quick glance impossible.

• That is one variant yes, but I fear that it will clog up the interface too much and make a quick glance impossible.

It already exists in a lot of games where everybody seems to read it pretty well, I don’t think it would be a problem in Chivalry.

• I think damage dealt is less important because a wounded enemy might back off and heal up still defending the objective while a killed enemey is removed from the area. I actually get more pissed off my newbs who can’t finish off an enemy than newb who team damages me, so many times I’ve turned my back to a 2v1 thinking “they’ve got this” only to have the enemy manage to survive somehow to stab me in the back.

• @Helgeran:

I think damage dealt is less important because a wounded enemy might back off and heal up still defending the objective while a killed enemey is removed from the area.

This. Still damage dealt and the percentage of team damage would be useful too. Removing killcount is a nonsense.

• @Helgeran:

I think damage dealt is less important because a wounded enemy might back off and heal up still defending the objective while a killed enemey is removed from the area. I actually get more pissed off my newbs who can’t finish off an enemy than newb who team damages me, so many times I’ve turned my back to a 2v1 thinking “they’ve got this” only to have the enemy manage to survive somehow to stab me in the back.

You’re actually wrong, imo at least. I’ve personally found that it takes MORE time to regenerate health as opposed to dying and running back.