Reverse/negative mouse acceleration while attack.

• The game generates reverse mouse acceleration - it’s working fine while looking around - but when you attack then the faster you move the mouse then the slower the turn is. If I move mouse slowly while attack then the turn is very fast (accelerated).
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Drivers: 5.33.14
    SetPoint: 5.46.10

Can someone acknowledge this ?

This sirius technical bug which can be a unawere explanation of many players problem with targeting their strikes is in the game from the first release and till now no acknowledgement of it, will it ever be fixed or we have to start learning to play without mouse acceleration ?

thx for ANY reply

Oryginal post from december:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6884

• I’ve been using a G700 while waiting for replacement mouse.
    I had similar issue. Turn off mouse acceleration in the Logitech software AND in the Windows Mouse Control Panel. Fixed issue.

This mouse is awful. Just saying.

• @NUCLEAR:

The game generates reverse mouse acceleration - it’s working fine while looking around - but when you attack then the faster you move the mouse then the slower the turn is. If I move mouse slowly while attack then the turn is very fast (accelerated).
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Drivers: 5.33.14
    SetPoint: 5.46.10

Can someone acknowledge this ?

This sirius technical bug which can be a unawere explanation of many players problem with targeting their strikes is in the game from the first release and till now no acknowledgement of it, will it ever be fixed or we have to start learning to play without mouse acceleration ?

thx for ANY reply

Oryginal post from december:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6884

I don’t think it’s the negative acceleration of mouse or the game. It’s just the nature of the game. The game limits how fast or how much you can turn in screen degree length when you swing. There is no way to get around this.

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature.

• @BillDoor:

I’ve been using a G700 while waiting for replacement mouse.
    I had similar issue. Turn off mouse acceleration in the Logitech software AND in the Windows Mouse Control Panel. Fixed issue.

This mouse is awful. Just saying.

Try Mionix Naos 5000 or the newest one. I love it.

• @BillDoor:

Fix negative acceleration by turning the acceleration off ? Great idea… any other great ideas ? The problem is that the acceleration on the mouse works the other way (deaccelearating) while you attack - if there is a bug with say ‘kick’ then we should stop using kick ? Please some serious feedback.

G700 is great mosue and have nothing to do with this bug.

@man:

I don’t think it’s the negative acceleration of mouse or the game. It’s just the nature of the game. The game limits how fast or how much you can turn in screen degree length when you swing. There is no way to get around this.

If I know something then i posted it - not the other way - it is not the nature of the game - i know the mechanics and it have nothing to do with it. I attack and turn my mouse slowly and the screen moves very fast, when I turn the mouse very fast the screen barely moves.

Again please serius feedback. Give this issue to some serious testers it is quite obvious. I’m a gamer for 27 years and worked as a game tester for 2 years i know what I’m talking about.

• @NUCLEAR:

@BillDoor:

Fix negative acceleration by turning the acceleration off ? Great idea… any other great ideas ? The problem is that the acceleration on the mouse works the other way (deaccelearating) while you attack - if there is a bug with say ‘kick’ then we should stop using kick ? Please some serious feedback.

G700 is great mosue and have nothing to do with this bug.

Obviously you aren’t really interested in serious feedback from someone who has the same mouse and had the same issue you described and fixed it by resorting to the TIME-HONORED TECHNICAL SUPPORT TRICK of turning off acceleration. If you have Windows acceleration and Logitech acceleration AND game acceleration running at the same time - funky things happen. Done with thread. Good night and good luck.
    You use a wireless gaming mouse that sucks battery juice and WON’T RECORD keyboard + mouseclick combos. LOL :P

• @BillDoor:

Obviously you aren’t really interested in serious feedback from someone who has the same mouse and had the same issue you described and fixed it by resorting to the TIME-HONORED TECHNICAL SUPPORT TRICK of turning off acceleration. If you have Windows acceleration and Logitech acceleration AND game acceleration running at the same time - funky things happen. Done with thread. Good night and good luck.

I have no idea what are you talking about, the game have no mouse accelearation - please google what the mouse acceleration is and then try to write posts about it. You will prabobly fine some negative

Logitech setpoint drivers exclude the windows speed settings.

@BillDoor:

You use a wireless gaming mouse that sucks battery juice and WON’T RECORD keyboard + mouseclick combos. LOL

Don’t know what are you talking about again, but probably you just didn’t know how to use a mouse if you think there is a mouse acceleration in the game :)

Negative acceleration problem is a common problem and was present at some games before.

• @NUCLEAR:

@BillDoor:

I have no idea what are you talking about, the game have no mouse accelearation - please google what the mouse acceleration is and then try to write posts about it. You will prabobly fine some negative

Logitech setpoint drivers exclude the windows speed settings.

@BillDoor:

You use a wireless gaming mouse that sucks battery juice and WON’T RECORD keyboard + mouseclick combos. LOL

Don’t know what are you talking about again, but probably you just didn’t know how to use a mouse if you think there is a mouse acceleration in the game :)

Negative acceleration problem is a common problem and was present at some games before.

I know what he’s talking about. He’s talking about how a swing turns slower if you drag your mouse super fast. He’s saying it’s counter-productive to drag the mouse slower to turn faster while swinging. Try to understand what other person is saying before you start bashing. The world would be a better place.

As for OP, it’s not negative acceleration. The game caps how much screen turns. So if you move your mouse fast, you wont get any faster than dragging it slow.

• @Rex:

I know what he’s talking about. He’s talking about how a swing turns slower if you drag your mouse super fast. He’s saying it’s counter-productive to drag the mouse slower to turn faster while swinging. Try to understand what other person is saying before you start bashing. The world would be a better place.

As for OP, it’s not negative acceleration. The game caps how much screen turns. So if you move your mouse fast, you wont get any faster than dragging it slow.

No, it is negative acceleration. Attack, move your mouse very fast and watch yourself turn very slow. Attack, move your mouse slowly, and watch yourself turn fast –- at least when you have a very high mouse sensitivity (for me, 540degrees within motion range of my wrist) .
    You can test this by binding two keys to two different turn speeds such that when you press the key, your character turns at a specified speed. One speed o/c being very fast and one being a moderate speed. This works fine when not attacking, but when in an attacking state, the faster look speed turns you much slower. The code is below. HorizontalRotateSpeed is usually something like 60000. DeltaTime is the time elapsed since last frame (for 100fps its 0.01). min() returns the smallest number. exp(a) calculates e^a. I assume the deacceleration comes from GetHorizontalRotateSpeed, when attacking it factors in some sort of negative exponential number.

You can theoretically cheat the system by forcing a mouse acceleration curve on your mouse such that when you move the mouse, it moves at the absolute optimum speed for turning while attacking. Don’t make me create this.

Sorry, forums dont like tabs, look it up in chivalrymedievalwarfare/development/src/aoc/classes

function ProcessViewRotation( float DeltaTime, out Rotator out_ViewRotation, Rotator DeltaRot )
    {
    //local AOCWeapon AOCW;
    local float MaxTurnSpeed;
    local float MaxVertTurnSpeed;
    if( PreventTurning )
    return;
    if( PlayerCamera != None )
    {
    PlayerCamera.ProcessViewRotation( DeltaTime, out_ViewRotation, DeltaRot );
    }

if(ScriptBlockedInputs[EINBLOCK_Rotate])
    {
    DeltaRot.Yaw = 0;
    DeltaRot.Pitch = 0;
    DeltaRot.Roll = 0;
    }
    else if ( AOCPawn(Pawn) != None )
    {
    if ( AOCPawn(Pawn).StateVariables.bIsAttacking && LimitTurnSpeed && Pawn.Weapon != none && AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon) != none)
    {
    //AOCW = AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon);
    If( Abs(LastDeltaRot.Yaw - DeltaRot.Yaw) > Abs(Abs(LastDeltaRot.Yaw) - Abs(DeltaRot.Yaw)) )
    AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).IncrementHorizontalReversals();

If( Abs(LastDeltaRot.Pitch - DeltaRot.Pitch) > Abs(Abs(LastDeltaRot.Pitch) - Abs(DeltaRot.Pitch)) )
    AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).IncrementVerticalReversals();

MaxTurnSpeed = AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).GetHorizontalRotateSpeed();
    MaxVertTurnSpeed = AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).GetVerticalRotateSpeed();
    if ( AOCPawn(Pawn).StateVariables.bIsSprinting )
    MaxTurnSpeed = FMin(MaxTurnSpeed, MaxSprintTurnSpeed);

if ( AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon.IsInState(‘Reload’) && AOCWeapon_Crossbow(AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon) != none || AOCWeapon_PaviseShield(AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon) != none)
    {
    MaxTurnSpeed = 0.0f;
    MaxVertTurnSpeed = 0.0f;
    }

if( AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).IsInState( ‘Windup’ ) || AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).IsInState( ‘Release’ ) || AOCWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).IsInState( ‘Transition’ ) || ( AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon.IsInState(‘Reload’) && AOCWeapon_Crossbow(AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon) != none )
    || (AOCPawn(Pawn).StateVariables.bIsAttacking && AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon.CurrentFireMode == Attack_Sprint))
    {
    if ( DeltaRot.Pitch >= 0 )
    DeltaRot.Pitch = FMin( DeltaRot.Pitch, MaxVertTurnSpeed * DeltaTime );
    else
    DeltaRot.Pitch = FMax( DeltaRot.Pitch, -MaxVertTurnSpeed * DeltaTime );
    }

if ( DeltaRot.Yaw >= 0 )
    DeltaRot.Yaw = FMin( DeltaRot.Yaw, MaxTurnSpeed * DeltaTime);
    else
    DeltaRot.Yaw = FMax( DeltaRot.Yaw, -MaxTurnSpeed * DeltaTime);

out_ViewRotation += DeltaRot;
    out_ViewRotation = LimitViewRotation(out_ViewRotation, -14000, 16383 );
    }
    else if(AOCWeapon_PaviseShield(AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon) != none || AOCPawn(Pawn).PawnState == ESTATE_Execution)
    {
    if(AOCWeapon_PaviseShield(AOCPawn(Pawn).Weapon) != none)
    {
    out_ViewRotation.Pitch = 0;
    }

DeltaRot.Yaw = 0;
    DeltaRot.Pitch = 0;
    DeltaRot.Roll = 0;
    }
    else // Give the Pawn a chance to modify DeltaRot (limit view for ex.)
    AOCPawn(Pawn).ProcessViewRotation( DeltaTime, out_ViewRotation, DeltaRot );
    LastDeltaRot = DeltaRot;
    }
    else
    {
    // If Pawn doesn’t exist, limit view

// Add Delta Rotation
    out_ViewRotation += DeltaRot;
    out_ViewRotation = LimitViewRotation(out_ViewRotation, -16384, 16383 );
    }
    }

simulated function IncrementHorizontalReversals()
    {
    if( IsInState( ‘Release’ ) )
    NumHorizontalReversals++;
    }

simulated function float GetHorizontalRotateSpeed()
    {
    if (AOCOwner == none)
    CacheWeaponReferences();

if (!AOCOwner.StateVariables.bIsAttacking)
    return HorizontalRotateSpeed;
    else if(CurrentFireMode == Attack_Sprint)
    return SprintAttackHorizRotateSpeed * Exp( -1 * NumHorizontalReversals * 0.693147 );
    else
    return AttackHorizRotateSpeed * Exp( -1 * NumHorizontalReversals * 0.693147 );
    }

• Its intended i think.

If you try to move your mouse super fast to create ridicoulus swings, it will slow you down

If you gently move your mouse, you can make 180° turns that dont desync your animation.

• @CRUSHED:

Its intended i think.

If you try to move your mouse super fast to create ridicoulus swings, it will slow you down

If you gently move your mouse, you can make 180° turns that dont desync your animation.

This just forces people to move their mouse gently, it has nothing to do with preventing ridiculous swings, because either way you’re limited by a maximum turn speed.

• it prevents ridicoulus swings as in swinging too fast that causes desyncs

if you turn the same as you would without the negative acceleration but gently, it wont desync.

• @CRUSHED:

it prevents ridicoulus swings as in swinging too fast that causes desyncs

if you turn the same as you would without the negative acceleration but gently, it wont desync.

What? Stop it. You can prevent “swinging too fast that causes dsyncs” with a speed cap, negative acceleration is not a requirement. Negative acceleration prevents (as in completely stops) nothing in relation to desyncs or fast swings, it only hinders.

• I’m actually intrigued now.

I know there is inverse accel during swings, but why is it not just a turn-speed cap instead? Can a dev explain why the inverse accel is actually in the game instead of a simple speed cap?

• To prevent injuries. People throwing their mice off the desk and hitting a baby in the eye it punishes people by making the swing even slower if you go to fast.

• @lemonater47:

To prevent injuries. People throwing their mice off the desk and hitting a baby in the eye it punishes people by making the swing even slower if you go to fast.

You run out of mousepad sooner with negative acceleration, I gave black eyes to three babies because of it

• @Naka:

What? Stop it. You can prevent “swinging too fast that causes dsyncs” with a speed cap, negative acceleration is not a requirement. Negative acceleration prevents (as in completely stops) nothing in relation to desyncs or fast swings, it only hinders.

Its simple man lol

without negative acceleration = super fast mouse sens, you turn while swinging super fast and cause desyncs
    with negative acceleration = super fast mouse sens, you turn very slowly if you try to swing and turn super fast, only when you move the mouse slowly you can turn properly, you cant turn super fast while swinging no matter what unless you change something in the configs

thus it prevents desyncs.

• Just remove it all.

720 LMBs. A real vancopter.

• @CRUSHED:

Its simple man lol
    without negative acceleration = super fast mouse sens, you turn while swinging super fast and cause desyncs
    with negative acceleration = super fast mouse sens, you turn very slowly if you try to swing and turn super fast, only when you move the mouse slowly you can turn properly, you cant turn super fast while swinging no matter what unless you change something in the configs
    thus it prevents desyncs.

Oh my fuck.
    A cap on the turn speed can prevent “swinging super fast” in the same way negative acceleration can. The game has both a cap AND negative acceleration. So, no, it’s not fucking true that without negative acceleration (but keeping the turn speed cap) that you can turn super fast while swinging.

Completely irrelevant to the topic, I’m pretty damn sure “swinging super fast” doesn’t “cause desyncs” in the same way that turning super fast in counterstrike doesn’t “cause desyncs”. The purpose of slowing mouse movement speed is to prevent stupid maneuvers like 360 degree vangaurd special attack swings.

If I’m wrong, you aren’t providing enough context.

• Well basically you saying swinging while turning super fast doesnt cause desyncs show you have no clue what your talking about.

Counterstrike is a completely different game and concept lmfao