Why use a 1handed weapon?

• 2handed weapons have the Reach, Damage & now…the combo speed.

Claymore
    Combo speed
    Slash: 0.65
    Overhead: 0.675
    Stab: 0.65

Damage: 56%
    Speed: 50%
    Range: ??? 54%

Greatsword
    Combo speed
    Overhead: 0.65
    Stab: 0.75

Damage: 60%
    Speed: 32%
    Range: ??? 61%

Longsword
    Combo speed
    Stab: 0.7

Damage: 56%
    Speed: 50%
    Range: ??? 41%

Now the 1hand weapons, that are slower, Weaker& shorter.

Broadsword
    Combo speed
    Slash: 0.6

Damage: 41%
    Speed: 82%
    Range: ??? 30%

Norse Sword
    Combo speed

Damage: 38%
    Speed: 87%
    Range: ??? 30%

Holy Water Sprinkler
    Combo speed
    Slash: 0.7
    Overhead: 0.7
    Stab: 0.7

Damage: 34%
    Speed: 90%
    Range: ??? 21%

This goes 4all 1handed weapons, slower comboing speeds.

Why was this put in? Just wrong.
    I dont like it, games getting watered down.

sources
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/weapons

Peeps Thoughts :|

• So you quote the 1hander swords and the worst one hander in the game and say all one handers are bad. Swords are good against the MAA and Archer.

The axe and made are good against everyone.

With one handers its also easier to get around a shield.

• You’ve never fought Legion, XaleUdo, Sir Pink, or Jerk, have you?

(There are tons of good players who use 1h weapons well, those were just a few off the top of my head.)

• Because 1h weapons are faster and kill just as fast as 2 handers. And allows you to weild shields.

Really speed is king atm, b/c it is easier to face hug, and spam attacks from odd angles. AND to top it off you kill in around the same amount of hits for all viable weapons, so 2 handers have become redundant.

I’m talking about duels of course, the AoE advantage is very useful in team settings.

• @theuprising:

Because 1h weapons are faster and kill just as fast as 2 handers. And allows you to weild shields.

Really speed is king atm, b/c it is easier to face hug, and spam attacks from odd angles. AND to top it off you kill in around the same amount of hits for all viable weapons, so 2 handers have become redundant.

I’m talking about duels of course, the AoE advantage is very useful in team settings.

this.

this is the problem when all weapons become near equal - then whatever killed you last becomes overpowered.

• @gregcau:

@theuprising:

Because 1h weapons are faster and kill just as fast as 2 handers. And allows you to weild shields.

this.

this is the problem when all weapons become near equal - then whatever killed you last becomes overpowered.

I think you misunderstood my post, clearly 1 handers >>>>>>>>> 2 handers in duels, I think in the last CLG tournament it was 2 guys with broadswords. This is because 1 handers deal functionally as much damage as their 2h counterparts and are faster to boot. Closing the distance 1v1 became easy due to the fact you can attack while sprinting and you move faster when your cursor is on your enemy.

Also thanks to speed 1 handers are easier to feint with, at least until the feint nerfs hopefully get put in place.

I don’t play many scrims, but as in team setting I can assume 2 handers have more of a role in tandem with teammates due to their AoE.

• I understood, I was referring to the OP.

• You have more control over a swing when you’re using two hands, so you can halt that swing’s momentum and turn it around faster. Hence twohanders have fast combos relative to their other timings - onehanders have faster windups, releases and recoveries.

• @SlyGoat:

You have more control over a swing when you’re using two hands, so you can halt that swing’s momentum and turn it around faster. Hence twohanders have fast combos relative to their other timings - onehanders have faster windups, releases and recoveries.

I tested this theory and yes it’s true. Even with something lighter.

• What?? The 1h overpowers the most 2h.
    A skilled 1h is a lot stronger than a skilled 2h user.
    The reach is no problem, especially for maa. They can catch you like using a two hander.
    Damage is same. Speed, thats the great difference