WTF is it with these instant hits

• how the hell do people make it they instant hit after miss/block/hit. It dont matter. If they miss/hit/ or being blocked their second swing lands instant without you being able to counter it.
    Are they editing their game files, is it glitching. I’m clueless. Im one of the very few rank 40s that seems to be playing the way it should be played but it’s getting insane. How the F do you play this game with so many insta-hitters/bug abusers?

• Ive seen it a few times, dont know how its done. Maybe the combo-feint-thingymajig.

I don`t think even the devs know, probably a clan secret.

• its no clan secret. I see individuals use it. Comboing when having a tower shield raised…simply doing MMA swings as a vanguard? it smells.

• They thing (aside from feints but let’s keep that crap out of this topic) that bothers me the most is usually instant bardiche overheads… That crap is seriously ridiculous!

• well ill be wishing this game good luck. In this state it is not enjoyable having a fair fight when so many bug abusers (that fill the clans) and individuals roam the servers only to abuse glitches. And when you ask m not to do it they votekick you immediatly.

• They somehow balance the game! :x

• @sirmike:

well ill be wishing this game good luck. In this state it is not enjoyable having a fair fight when so many bug abusers (that fill the clans) and individuals roam the servers only to abuse glitches. And when you ask m not to do it they votekick you immediatly.

Yeah, pretty much all the game is comes down whoever can abuse a stupid mechanic/bug better or faster wins. Haven’t touched my game in like a week now.

• It is extremely discouraging TBS don’t take any real actions against abuse, exploits, cheating… nor they fix such faulty mechanics.

• The problem stems from counter-attacks, or at least, I think it does. I’ve always thought counter-attacks are faster than normal windups, but there is no proof, there is no time associated with them because it’s not an animation by itself (counter-attacks combo off of parries). We’ve tried adding 0.2s to counter-attacks artificially and they seem much slower for some reason so subsequently removed it. Assuming counter-attacks are in fact faster than normal windups (again, there is no proof, just what we think we see because of how fast the weapon physically travels on your screen over a designated period), if you combine them with lookdown/0 release attacks, you in theory, end up with an attack that deals damage much faster than what the normal windup would be, but that windup decrease is completely unknown (if it exists). Basically, what I’m trying to say, is if counter-attacks are truly faster than normal windups and you take a weapon like the Bardiche with a 0.55 overhead windup and then windup off of a parry, it’s not actually 0.55, but faster, but how much faster is anyone’s guess.

• @Martin:

The problem stems from counter-attacks, or at least, I think it does. I’ve always thought counter-attacks are faster than normal windups, but there is no proof, there is no time associated with them because it’s not an animation by itself (counter-attacks combo off of parries). We’ve tried adding 0.2s to counter-attacks artificially and they seem much slower for some reason so subsequently removed it. Assuming counter-attacks are in fact faster than normal windups (again, there is no proof, just what we think we see because of how fast the weapon physically travels on your screen over a designated period), if you combine them with lookdown/0 release attacks, you in theory, end up with an attack that deals damage much faster than what the normal windup would be, but that windup decrease is completely unknown (if it exists). Basically, what I’m trying to say, is if counter-attacks are truly faster than normal windups and you take a weapon like the Bardiche with a 0.55 overhead windup and then windup off of a parry, it’s not actually 0.55, but faster, but how much faster is anyone’s guess.

I’m genuinely curious how there is not an easy method of testing if it is faster.

• So am I, but I think everyone has just accepted ‘it is what it is’ regardless of whether it’s faster or not because you can’t feint in it, and for the most part, you can usually always block them in time unless lag plays a part. Would be nice to know though.

• @JCash:

@Martin:

The problem stems from counter-attacks, or at least, I think it does. I’ve always thought counter-attacks are faster than normal windups, but there is no proof, there is no time associated with them because it’s not an animation by itself (counter-attacks combo off of parries). We’ve tried adding 0.2s to counter-attacks artificially and they seem much slower for some reason so subsequently removed it. Assuming counter-attacks are in fact faster than normal windups (again, there is no proof, just what we think we see because of how fast the weapon physically travels on your screen over a designated period), if you combine them with lookdown/0 release attacks, you in theory, end up with an attack that deals damage much faster than what the normal windup would be, but that windup decrease is completely unknown (if it exists). Basically, what I’m trying to say, is if counter-attacks are truly faster than normal windups and you take a weapon like the Bardiche with a 0.55 overhead windup and then windup off of a parry, it’s not actually 0.55, but faster, but how much faster is anyone’s guess.

I’m genuinely curious how there is not an easy method of testing if it is faster.

Its not faster at all. But the person Who got parried goes into recovery time and the other person who succesful parried can attack instantly. It doesn’t matter much to me as I can block really fast. But other people complain all the time. Sword of war and claymore stabs and well as most one handers are really succesful at counter attacking.

Its not hard to do. Just attack as the weapon hits your parry.

• @sirmike:

how the hell do people make it they instant hit after miss/block/hit. It dont matter. If they miss/hit/ or being blocked their second swing lands instant without you being able to counter it.
    Are they editing their game files, is it glitching. I’m clueless. Im one of the very few rank 40s that seems to be playing the way it should be played but it’s getting insane. How the F do you play this game with so many insta-hitters/bug abusers?

I always see players doing the insta-hit in duel mode, that’s why I quit playing on duel mode because alot of those motherfathers rampantly roam in duel mode. Mostly in 2H weps.

• Ive seen a good amount of ghost hitting or weird insta double hits in duel mode but i always kind of blamed it on lag.

• @JCash:

Ive seen a good amount of ghost hitting or weird insta double hits in duel mode but i always kind of blamed it on lag.

There is a double hit glitch that’s very rare. One swing counts as 2 hits thus dealing double damage. That’s the thing with a tracer based damage system. Though a tracer based damage system is far better and cooler looking than what say mount and blade has. Tracer based allows blood trails and the ability to hit multiple targets at once.

Its basically the instability of the unreal engine causing it.

• I’ve definitely experienced more of those instant hits and double hits since the patch. I thought loads of weapons had been massively buffed for a while.

• Yeah can we be clearer as to what some of us are talking about? I have very occasionally seen “instant” hits that I can’t explain in duel mode in round 1, typed “wtf was that” and the guy I was fighting was clueless, said he saw a normal swing. Then round 2 is normal. I honestly don’t think this is a player hacking or cheating, but rather a case of server malfunction.

I’ve also seen people accuse me of hacking because I do quick parry combos, like any other player.

One of these is supposed to be in the game and I don’t think one is. I honestly don’t see enough stuff I can’t handle to quit playing this game, though.

• @Peacerer:

It is extremely discouraging TBS don’t take any real actions against abuse, exploits, cheating… nor they fix such faulty mechanics.

Please don’t talk about shit you have no clue about. TBS have been banning cheaters from their services since the day of release.

exploit abusers & glitchers are a little harder to judge if they deserve a ban or not, but because basically they are not in the violation of any “TOS”.

• @Hitom:

@Peacerer:

It is extremely discouraging TBS don’t take any real actions against abuse, exploits, cheating… nor they fix such faulty mechanics.

Please don’t talk about shit you have no clue about. TBS have been banning cheaters from their services since the day of release.

exploit abusers & glitchers are a little harder to judge if they deserve a ban or not, but because basically they are not in the violation of any “TOS”.

That rather applies for you. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. We already discussed about “bans” in another topic. TBS don’t ban anyone. There’s a couple of “bans” from official servers, which mods like to call “global ban”. Although the reality is there wasn’t anyone really banned yet.

Exploiting bugs, glitches…etc sure isn’t that easy to prevent. Especially when TBS don’t take any actions against; either with fixes or disabling faulty mechanics. However they don’t do anything much against cheaters/script hackers either. This game has no security whatsoever.

No wonder this game has so low retention rate.

• This game is just buggy as fuck thats all. And the problem is that the people who make these patches dont seem to have the skill to fix it.