Votekick-system

• Please, do something, it’s getting worse every day. I got random-kicked 3 times today, just for being on top of the list :(

There are people trying to random-kick you until it finally works. The enemy-team then always votes yes.

My suggestions:

1. You have to state a reason, when you try to kick someone, so the others don’t always have top ask why.
    2. Give a limit to the players like: You can vote once in a round.
    3. (I’m not sure here) Limit the votes to one team.

Seriously, this happens so often (At least for me), a solution is needed. I know it’s hard to find one, but there are at least a few things to improve the votekick-system.

EDIT: 5 times… :3

• Oh the votekick system is absolutely horrible. Sometimes small groups of clans with no server hop on official ones and votekick anyone who joins so they can practice.

Getting kicked for playing extremely well isn’t uncommon. Getting kicked for absolutely no reason randomly doesn’t not happen.

I think the fundamental issue is, people suck. People are stupid. People are terrible. Democracy doesn’t work, on a large or small scale. In an attempt to protect people from tkers and hackers, the dangerous minority, the devs put in a feature that subject us all to the tyranny of the fickle majority. Personally, I’m far more inconvenienced than helped by the votekick system.

However the solutions you suggest are all bad, and would do more to prevent it being used legitimately than protect people from abuse. You should probably just deal with it when you get kicked and find another server. Yea its annoying and it shouldn’t happen, but in an ideal world everyone would play the game properly and a votekick system wouldn’t be needed.

• It’s easy HammelGammel, just don’t kill people. :3
    That way no-one gets upset and no-one will try to kick you. :3
    It’s as simple as that! :D

Ye… The vote kicking system needs to be looked at a bit.
    Or servers just need a system that 1 team hit is an instant kick, and remove the votekick.

• @HammelGammel:

1. You have to state a reason, when you try to kick someone, so the others don’t always have top ask why.

Might not be a bad idea but I would rather have the kick poll contain more info. Right now there is afk time and percentual team damage but it needs to contain absolute damage dealt as well (cause if a newcomer hits friendly first by mistake, he has immediately 100 % team damage and can get kicked) and perhaps a rank would be useful too. And of course the ping.

2. Give a limit to the players like: You can vote once in a round.

No way. It happens very often that I am the only one on the server that knows about the console commands so I get to become ad hoc server admin, kicking teamkillers and hunting high-pingers. Just yesterday I had to clean up 3 people with ping over 300 because the server was having a stroke due to their presence.

3. (I’m not sure here) Limit the votes to one team.

Not necessary, the situations are far too complex. A TKer is detrimental to his team but enemy team may vote to leave him in the game, so it’s logical only teammebers should vote. High pinger is detrimental mostly to the enemy so it is logical that only the enemy should vote. Hacker is detrimental to whomever he turns against so… Etc. I would leave the voting rights as they are.