Getting hit in mid windup/release

• Not sure if this is actually an identified problem, but I only, ONLY notice this with vanguards using weapons like the billhook/halberd etc etc, it might just be my eye not catching this, everytime, or it just really appears that I get hit with their full overhead attack, while their hands are still in the air from the windup. The swing had begun a slight descent, but from my viewing point it was nowhere near descended enough to have hit me at that moment in time. Does anybody else see this happen to them?

• I have this problem for ever class, really is making me rage. It seems to me that every update is making the connection worse and worse. I used to be able to play the game fine at 120 ping without seeing too much weird shit swings happening, i think that was back in November when I first got the game. And now I can’t play this game at 85 or 90 without seeing weird shit swings. :x

• I agree with the comment above me, every update seems to make the swings get weirder and weirder.

They get oddly skippy.

However i think most of your problem is with the lookdown/lean mechanic players use to speed up their overheads.

• From what I can tell, you’re getting hit by the handle of the weapon long before the tip reaches you. The only suggestion I have is to focus on your footwork to make parries/blocks easier.

• @akazi:

I have this problem for ever class, really is making me rage. It seems to me that every update is making the connection worse and worse. I used to be able to play the game fine at 120 ping without seeing too much weird shit swings happening, i think that was back in November when I first got the game. And now I can’t play this game at 85 or 90 without seeing weird shit swings. :x

QFT. In november, I was fine at servers with ping 120, now I really don’t dare enter.

• 120 ping is ridiculous to try to play at anyway, play on a server hosted near you. I usually have 30-70 ping. Secondly, these attacks that hit instantly are probably the result of your enemy looking down at the floor as he attacks so the hit lands faster. Its deceptive, but it is blockable once you learn the animations.

• @akazi:

I have this problem for ever class, really is making me rage. It seems to me that every update is making the connection worse and worse. I used to be able to play the game fine at 120 ping without seeing too much weird shit swings happening, i think that was back in November when I first got the game. And now I can’t play this game at 85 or 90 without seeing weird shit swings. :x

Yes I have noticed that the weird laggy stuff seems to creep in at lower pings than it used to. I usually aim to play under 80 ping anyway but other players with 100+ ping seem to have the weird swings you’d expect to see at 250+ ping.

• It seems patches are more and more focused on the wishes of the people playing beta. The people playing beta are usually the ones controlling the outcome of the gameplay. Since they provide feedback to the devs. They can easily feedback whatever is needed to make it a game suited to their game style. Most likely clan players or people that know how to abuse glitches the best.

• The entire weapon does damage, and you are getting hit by the handle (the other end of the polearm) :)

• Anything with 100+ ping is a no go.

Some times when you don’t even register a swing and you die, all you have to do is quickly open tab and see the person has something like 120-150 ping. The best thing to do is avoid them unfortunately, you can’t fix other people’s internet connections.

• Ah, so the handle was the perpetrator huh, hmm wonder if that was intended and/or will be fixed.

• @venomblade:

Ah, so the handle was the perpetrator huh, hmm wonder if that was intended and/or will be fixed.

hopefully it will be fixed. Weapons like the baradiche/billihook preform essentially instant overheads, and if you’re near the person at all you get hit while it still looks like they’re winding up.

Clearly not intended

• Do people ever get swings that constantly go through the person? I heard of it earlier into the duel patch, never expierenced it till now. Literally almost every match it happens atleast 2-3 times. Its not gamebreaking i guess…but its gotta be the biggest slap to the face when you know you got that last hit off and then watch him hit you with the obvious lmb spam and kill you then spam emotes like he outplayed you or something

• This happens to me as well, it can occur with any weapon although it’s more prounced with weapons like the Maul, Grand mace, and Bardiche. For me at least. Mostly only with overheads, so it’s clear that lookdown acceleration is the problem. I have no issues with lookdown overheads when the animation is consistent. As long as you can still see it, you can react to it.

Connection issues amplify this, since it’s client side hit detection, but there seems to be something beyond that because it’s not consistent. Even with the same players one or two duels apart, all their overheads are clean, and then one pops in that hits while their hands are still behind their back obviously in windup.

It’s natural for an Indie game to have kinks of course, but hopefully it can be addressed soon.

• viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12298&start=81

It’s to do with the tracers on polearms.

• @NabsterHax:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12298&start=81

It’s to do with the tracers on polearms.

Oh wow, that’s just awful, and exactly what I experienced in game. Damn, really hoping this gets fixed, nice video though.