Animation Bug on Combo Swing

• I was noticing this last night on the FFA server, it could have to do with a user’s ping or high lag though.

It was a VG with a greatsword, they did one horizontal swing, then comboed into the next right to left swing. But what happened was their sword went in the initial left to right, on the back end of the swing, the sword jumped back to his right shoulder and started swinging a moment, then suddenly it went back over to the left side of his body and resumed the animation as normal.

So in a way it felt like during his right to left swing it played about half a second of the left to right one, then resumed back to the proper one.

I saw this I think at least 2 or 3 times.

I’m not sure again if this is a product of server’s being a bit overloaded or the other player having a higher ping. At the time pings were normal and not the spiked ones though.

Also I was probably running about 30fps at the time, all graphics set to low/off.

• Just wanted to reiterate I saw this bug again a few times last night. VG with 2h sword, Swing goes from their right to the left, holds in the missed swing pose, then WARPS back to a right to left swing.

I am thinking this might be the other player having a higher ping and that is the game catching up with their actions? So I assume that was a 2 swings in a row without combo sequence… Still something is off here for sure in how the animations catch up to lag.

• I can confirm this.

• @reapy:

Just wanted to reiterate I saw this bug again a few times last night. VG with 2h sword, Swing goes from their right to the left, holds in the missed swing pose, then WARPS back to a right to left swing.

I am thinking this might be the other player having a higher ping and that is the game catching up with their actions? So I assume that was a 2 swings in a row without combo sequence… Still something is off here for sure in how the animations catch up to lag.

I’ve seen it happen regardless of ping, but I see it consistently more from some players than others, so it could be some kind of packet loss.

• Developer

Known issue that we are looking into. This is one of the bugs that bothers me the most so we will get to it!

• Sweet! Was frapsing the other night, had a really nice clip where the head sever just lined up perfectly, but it’s preceded by the other guys swing sort of warping round…almost perfect :)

• High five Tibbs. This is the only real gamebreaker for me at the moment - the other bugs and mechanics I could see being worked on post-release, but this animation thing really can’t be there when the game goes gold.