Helms Deep?

• Being a huge lord of the rings fan myself, I think it would be great fun to play at helms deep in the game if the mod tools (when released) will allow you to make structures such as that. I don’t know huge amounts about modding tools but I think it would be a cool mod/map to have and play in the game especially for team objective matches.

The only problem would be that it may inspire people to mod the game and change everything to the lord of the rings which will just take away the game’s originality. Yeah it would be cool and I would love it. But I’d prefer the originality of the game itself.

Let me know your thoughts on this,

But as I’ve said if someone could make a helms deep map, it would be great. Also let me know your own ideas. :)

Thanks.

• This is one of the most discussed things. Might want to do a search next time :P

We had a Helms Deep map in AoC and we all want it in Chiv, so it’s all up to someone to mod it when the mod tools come out.

• Oh my bad. haha. I’m quite new to the game so I haven’t really got a clue to be honest. xD

• TB should secretly remake it and release it anonymously once the mod tools are out.

• Yeahh that would be good

• As I already stated somewhere there are good ref here http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74720
    We just need someone to reproduce it :D

• Wow, if that model of helms deep comes to life in chivalry, will be lots of fun playing. =D

• Hmm… i might try to give it a shot, i know how to make some nice 3D models. But sadly, im not that experienced with game design and the UDK. I have no idea on the limitations of the textures and poly count etc… Also, im abit lazy, so don’t get your hopes up for a finished map next week if ever… just warning you xD

• When I was a beta tester Helms deep was a map, but since October 26, when they released it it has been gone from the maplist and the game itself. Same thing with flaming arrows

• Will be great if you could do that Wordbearer. :) and Margato, that’s such a shame… as i’ve probably repeated myself so many times… it would be very fun to play on. xD can’t believe they took it off.

• @MedKnight:

Will be great if you could do that Wordbearer. :) and Margato, that’s such a shame… as i’ve probably repeated myself so many times… it would be very fun to play on. xD can’t believe they took it off.

Because its copyrighted material. So you can mod it for free, but can’t be included by the developers in a final products.