The Crusader sword

• well as we all know the Mason Great sword has a grip on the blade itself but its just cosmetic.

I was wondering hell if we have a Great sword with a grip on it we should make it a unlockable so it would be used in this sense.

Since it has a grip it can be grabbed and it would SHORTEN the swords a good chunk and decrease the leverage you can have with it and decrease the damage you can actually do,(Ex. imagine swinging a big stick at someone while holding the stick at the opposite end it would hurt but if you shorten it to swing it faster it would hurt less but your reaction time would be faster.) but like i said you would be faster and be able to block something easier. And before people go OH THAT WOULD BE OP yea it would be against someone that is fairly new to a game but im pretty sure people know about how to dodge and get away from something that has short reach then go in and take advantage of it. This method of shortening the sword is mostly aimed at taking out people that wear shields so as you attack and the person blocks youll be ready for another strike or to parry it right away thus making the fight fair game for both players.

• I think I know what you’re on about but correct me if I’m wrong – The reason the flamberge has two ‘handles’ it that under certain circumstances, you would place one hand on the most upfront handle and another on the main handle - this allowed for a much more controlled and powerful stab as opposed to placing both hands on the main handle which was more useful when slashing the sword around. You can’t really remove the end handle, and if you did, it would act like a standard arming sword.

Don’t worry though, there are actually some very useful secondary weapons available this time around that you can switch to when the situation calls for them!

• @Blaine:

I think I know what you’re on about but correct me if I’m wrong – The reason the flamberge has two ‘handles’ it that under certain circumstances, you would place one hand on the most upfront handle and another on the main handle - this allowed for a much more controlled and powerful stab as opposed to placing both hands on the main handle which was more useful when slashing the sword around. You can’t really remove the end handle, and if you did, it would act like a standard arming sword.

Don’t worry though, there are actually some very useful secondary weapons available this time around that you can switch to when the situation calls for them!

yea after i posted i slightly realized oh shit i forgot to mention that the stabs would become extremely powerful and thats what most people would use it for in that situation, but meh i commend your logic blaine!!! it was worth a shot to give an idea to the table if at all possible just dont like being overpowered so easily by shield tappers and i want it to atleast be an even fight instead of oh look i will wait and hit you right away HIYAH!!!

In other matters im sure you all will find ways to pimp out all classes that have certain weaknesses and strengths against certain classes but still make it slightly manageable to try to be top dog. itll just be harder and alot more fun to achieve that goal haha

• Developer

On a related note, in Chivalry, if you don’t like that the guy infront of you is “turtling with his shield”, the recommended strategy is to give him a quick shove back to open him up, then proceed to split his skull with a well placed and vengeful strike to the head.