Shield Bashes and the buckler

• I’m not sure about you guys but have any of you bashed someone in the legs because they jump or stairs and the shield visibly hits and goes through the legs with out causing a bash?

• If you’re talking about when you hit (default F) and perform a shield bash / kick, then yes, elevation messes it up badly. Even slight elevation can cause a complete miss, even if the mesh appears to collide directly. I believe this is a known issue as well.

• Shield bashes are awful. A little less range than a kick, more glitchy, and the shield doesn’t even shield you. I’ve found that shield bashing usually just gets me hit, as opposed to opening up my opponent like a kick. Why they don’t actually make it a SHIELD bash is beyond me.

• It’s very noticeable on kicks too. Half of my flying jump kicks don’t hit which is bad because I want to do jump kicks.

• Yeah shield bash on uneven terrain almost always misses, the shield just seems to pass through their head or body without doing anything (except cost you a s!#*load of stamina and often your life).

• @Tankcommander:

Shield bashes are awful. A little less range than a kick, more glitchy, and the shield doesn’t even shield you. I’ve found that shield bashing usually just gets me hit, as opposed to opening up my opponent like a kick. Why they don’t actually make it a SHIELD bash is beyond me.

+1
    Sick of my shield being hit, whilst i’m doing a shield bash, and dying from mortal ‘shield wounds’…… :?