Infinite Ammo Option

• @bagetti:

I personally would find the fun to play on such a server to be very short-lived.

Yeah, I agree that it wouldn’t be something that you could really do all the time, but the option to sometimes do it would be very fun. :)

• @ReMixx:

Oh and it’s activated in the devs internal builds for testing things.

Keeping everything to themselves, aye? What poopers.

• @Matti:

What poopers.

Agreed.

• It could be nice to help people train their aim with throwing weapons. To need for killing himself or searching for an ammo box is extremely boring.

• bump.

I am still very interested in this becoming an option. Please please please consider this, Torn Banner! (at least give me a good reason why we cannot have access to such an option, please!)

• i think Slaughtervomit wants something… wouldn’t know what though…

All jokes aside, i do think this could be a good option.

• @Woodzi:

i think Slaughtervomit wants something… wouldn’t know what though…

Well, I’m just saying it could help out with some fun stuff like knive throwing fights and oil pot fights that I’d like to have on our server… Makes me sad I can’t do that :(

• Can’t you change the refill time on crates to a second, but it wouldn’t be as fun as infinite ammo without needing to return to crate so you can do something like oil pots versus slings. :P

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Woodzi:

i think Slaughtervomit wants something… wouldn’t know what though…

Well, I’m just saying it could help out with some fun stuff like knive throwing fights and oil pot fights that I’d like to have on our server… Makes me sad I can’t do that :(

Javelineers versus MAAs would be a fun nanny battle. My money would be on the javelineers.

• With an infinite ammo option, we’d definitely need more projectiles to choose from.

I nominate the following ammo options:

Rocks

Mud

Filthy peasants

Diseased animals

Archers

• @DokB:

Still waiting on the sack of rocks projectile which we can throw at people from atop walls. :)

And we are still waiting for our undead army to be summoned… I am sure we will all get our wishes someday.

• @DokB:

With an infinite ammo option, we’d definitely need more projectiles to choose from.

I nominate the following ammo options:

Rocks

Mud

Filthy peasants

Diseased animals

Archers

You forgot cakes! D:

• theres a server called modded matrix mayhem… it has lower gravity… and the archers have like 50 javelins/bolts/arrows. Idk about fire pots. But 50 is still closer to infinite than you can do. Maybe you can ask their admin how they even got it up to 50 because i have no idea…also, the throwing weapon count is like double normal so 4 throwing axes, and possibly 8 throwing knives, i didn’t ever equip knives so idk…but it doesn’t seem to be an option in my config lol

• @clayton-bigsby:

theres a server called modded matrix mayhem… it has lower gravity… and the archers have like 50 javelins/bolts/arrows. Idk about fire pots. But 50 is still closer to infinite than you can do. Maybe you can ask their admin how they even got it up to 50 because i have no idea… it doesn’t seem to be an option in my config lol

Thank you so much!! I will investigate this.

• So I went into the server you mentioned, Clayton Bigsby, and was asking who the admin was and if he was on… Some guy (who claimed to be the admin) was getting real shitty with me and being a real dickface. I never asked about the ammo option because the guy seemed oh-so-annoyed that I simply asked who the admin of the server was. Thanks again for the info anyway, I guess I’ll look elsewhere…

• So, I think I figured out my ammo option thingy with a server, however, I cannot seem to get it up and running… I posted my errors from the log into the server operator’s hub here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9559&start=30

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• yeah, i’ve never known who the admin was, plus that server is always filed with more bots than people anyway. But its really fun to play with all that ammo at your disposal, especially having 50 short spears :o

• That’s exactly why I want to figure out how to set my own server up and get my ammo counts high but lose the low grav/slow mo crap and organize thrown weapons battles and whatnot :lol:

• what is your server host… how are you editing the files? do you have web interface or do you FTP?

I have no idea where you’re seeing the errors or what changes you made… and how you made them.

and yea, i’d like to do this on my server on a semi-limited basis, perhaps have some sort of event like i did one in the past called no archer weekend lol. But yeah i’d love to have a crap ton of ammo. Wonder if the devs know how…