Weapons clip through shields as if they weren't there.

• Enough is enough. When weapons continually go straight through shields it’s obvious that there is a major problem with them. Time and time again weapons just clip through the shield, no matter what type of shield or weapon it is, and hit the person trying to block. Aim the block as well as you like, it wont connect upwards of 60% of the time.

Shields are blatantly bugged and need fixing. It works both ways. I’ve gotten plenty of kills that shouldn’t have happened because my sword decided that the enemy’s shield was in a different dimension.

• I can specifically recall a good 3-4 kills yesterday where I hit a guy straight into his shield. One I noticed happened when I was getting rid of a throwing axe by throwing it straight at a guy who happened to have his shield drawn, saw it his his shield, then saw him die. The guy died, and then so did I when I stopped to type “wtf?” into the chat box :).

There are times when you’re in tight spots against a guy with a shield, and in those times I try to just stab from far enough away to drain his stamina. Sometimes those guys die while I’m stabbing them.

I do believe this is known about, right?

• You have to aim the block well, it has just as much blocking area as a parry. With a shield you cant always see the whole weapon so it may still be slipping into your sides past the shield and you dont realize it. Often times when you hit someone with a shield up that looks like it should have blocked, sometimes they drop their shield at the worst time expecting a kick or whatever and are hit before you barely see their shield drop. Tracers are not very hard to put past shields unless you know where to block. I never have this problem with shield blocking unless I missed my block myself.

• There is definitely something to this. Yesterday I was practicing my maul but I met a faster MaA that I could not defeat with it, so I switched to large shield and mace. I got stabbed about 5 times right through the shield. I was blocking and I saw the tip of his sword clipping right through its middle, like as if it was piercing the shield. The attacker confirmed it was no dodgy side stab but a straight one that somehow “came through”.
    It happens to me from time to time, most often with the halberd swing, but this was the first time I was on the receiving end of it.

• I was playing on one of the CTF maps it was last team standing I was a maa using the buckler and an archer threw a javelin it went right throught the shield whilst raised, instantly killing me. He realised as well and typed “wtf? lol” in chat.

• @Riuuii:

I was playing on one of the CTF maps it was last team standing I was a maa using the buckler and an archer threw a javelin it went right throught the shield whilst raised, instantly killing me. He realised as well and typed “wtf? lol” in chat.

I don’t know about the other shields, but the buckler is indeed a piece of shit lol.
    I have literally seen weapons or even the arms of enemies passing through it.

• @trickshot:

@Riuuii:

I was playing on one of the CTF maps it was last team standing I was a maa using the buckler and an archer threw a javelin it went right throught the shield whilst raised, instantly killing me. He realised as well and typed “wtf? lol” in chat.

I don’t know about the other shields, but the buckler is indeed a piece of shit lol.
    I have literally seen weapons or even the arms of enemies passing through it.

I was hoping they would buff the Buckler a bit in the recent patch.