Brandistock vs. Spear vs. Fork

• I have personally found the spear to be best. Range, speed, and enough damage to easily 2shot a Vanguard.

There wasn’t a brandistock icon so I used a trident.

• you should put the name next to the pic.

• There is a quite decent balance between the Brandistock and the Thrusting Spear, they are both very situantional and therefore neither of them can actually claim the title as “Best” weapon in the spear catagory, Though the Haypitch Fork easily falls out of favour due to its weak damage & reach.

As an spearman - Vanguard, you might want to use the longest spear as possible to take that as your advantage with your range; The Thrusting Spear is very good for that.

To be a bit more deadly flanker with spearman - Vanguard, but sacrifizing range for damage, the Brandistock is a very strong candidate due to its accuracy due to slower release time and aswell the damage which yields enough to two-hit a Knight

The Haypitch Fork just doesn’t seem to useful regardless of its speed. The power thrust, and quick thrust has a very alike base damage; only thing that seperates them is that Quick Thrust grants more speed of course, whilst Power thrust will give you more accuracy and range. This weapon Can by proven to be a real-killer, yet there lacks high experienced players out there to play with this weapon to maybe prove its true power. it can two-hit a Vanguard if scoring at minimum of a headshot + bodyshot.

Speed comparison on power thrust: (Windup + Release + Recovery)
    Haypitch fork: 0.55 + 0.4 + 0.75 = 1.7 (base damage: 60)
    Thrusting Spear: 0.7 + 0.4 + 0.75 = 1.85 (base damage: 70)
    Brandistock: 0.8 + 0.45 + 0.75 = 2.0 (base damage: 90)

With two attacks))))
    Haypitch fork: 1.7 * 2 = 3.4 (base damage: 60 * 2 = 120)
    Thrusting Spear: 1.85 * 2 = 3.7 (base damage: 70 * 2 = 140)
    Brandistock: 2 * 2 = 4 (base damage: 90 * 2 = 180)

There is probably still some vital information that I’ve either forgot to add, or that I don’t yet hold that high experience with these type weapon to tell so, but I think I managed to cover the main parts. Hope you like this review of the Spears.

• Brandi is my #1 forever…

However, due to your picture of an actual fork, I had to vote for it… ;)

• @Kimiko:

Brandi is my #1 forever…

One very strong tactic with the spear types, would be if you have atleast two Vanguards that are both using the spear. A very good support weapon due to its Range & Main attack being a Thrust which has the least change of teamattacking. One tactic we in RK used to like, known as “Brandibro”; a group of Vanguard playing together with Brandistock, A very strong tactic.

• I don’t like the Fork and don’t know anybody who does or is atleast decent with it.
    My take on Spear vs Brandistock:
    The brandistock has 2 advantages:
    -it can one shot Archers (but that is far from reliable as you need a headshot with a stab)
    -it can two shot Knights if you hit the head once

but you trade some range and much speed for that…so you are definitely worse off against MaA and Vg with a Brandistock and it is arguable if you are better off against Knights/Archers (and you don’t choose your weapon for its archer killing potential). I prefer the Spear. Brandistock needs a speed buff imho.

• Spear, because the longer the range the better.
    gotta min/max dat stuff

• In my experience,

Brandi is best for when your team has a strong presence and is being very aggressive - you can land powerful side hits on people your allies are fighting, and not be forced into 1v1s, where the brandi is weak with long windups(and no combos, but all spear weaps have that disadvantage).

Spear is much more capable in 1v1, but is still disadvantaged when caught in 1v1 vs knight. Without combos, you can’t keep them on the defensive, and they just steal the initiative back after every successful hit you land.

Fork is okay vs light classes, but if you want a short, fast thrusting weapon, the bill is better.

All three of these are overshadowed by zwei, imo - its thrust is nearly as long and it can combo, one hit archer and maa, 2 hit knight… huge advantages.

I can’t express how much of a gimp not being able to combo is. No combo feints, no combo feint to parry, and you generously reset the initiative with a recovery after every successful hit.

• I love the spear.

Nice and simple, looks great, nice reach, low damage but seems fast, good stabs. Just wish it could combo left / right sweeps, and combo slashes into stabs better. :(

• I main the spear class of weapons.

Spear is the best general use weapon.

Brandistock is better for fighting knights in 1v1s or knight heavy teams.

There is no reason to ever use the fork, its a terrible weapon.

• Spear all the way.

The main reason I use this class of weapon is for the reach. So why gimp yourself with anything but the longest reach spear?

If you want something else use a sword?

• The spear of course, it’s everything you want in a polearm, reach. An honorable mention to brandistock, which does great damage, but I fear is just too slow to really use it as a main. I’d like to mention that every weapon in this game is viable (with the exception of a few) you just need to know how to use it. The fork, a sort of unsung hero is a great weapon if you’re just looking for the interrupts, you won’t be taking on more than one opponent really, you’ll be a supporter class in it’s purest form, so while the fork may not be the best polearm to use, it certainly IS viable.

• spear
    Damage: ??? 41%
    Speed: ??? 57%
    Range: ??? 97%

Brandistock
    Damage: ??? 60%
    Speed: ??? 50%
    Range: ??? 91%

Fork
    Damage: ??? 34%
    Speed: ??? 60%
    Range: ??? 83%

Lets be logical about this. The Fork is only 3% faster than the spear, and in return you get less damage and far less range. Its never a better choice to use fork than spear, all the situational stuff fork is good with spear does better. That 3% boost in speed only makes the fork faster than ONE weapon as compared to the spear, and that is sword of war. Sword of war is used by a knight, and having 3% speed advantage on it (as compared to the spear being equal to it) isn’t worth it when the brandi needs 2-3 less hits to kill the knight than fork does.

The brandi isn’t that much slower than the spear, it has really good range and excellent damage, a much better choice against knights.

• Ignore all of those stats, they have never been correct, or at least the numbers because it’s impossible to quantify everything in a single number. The Fork is between 16-22% faster than the Spear and 16-38% faster than the Brandistock depending on what you do, so it’s considerably out of what is listed.

• The fork is awesome. I was using it today and had a lot of fun with it. It’s nice and quick. Not much damage, but still… NICE AND QUICK.

The brandi is definitely a great support weapon. It’s best when you’re with a partner, so you can get a quick jab in and he can get the kill (or vice versa). Then the enemy doesn’t know what hit him! And I always side swing Knights with shields, makes my life easier… But they have to be at that perfect angle to work.

• @Kimiko:

The fork is awesome. I was using it today and had a lot of fun with it. It’s nice and quick. Not much damage, but still… NICE AND QUICK.

That bloody fork is deceptively quick. You never expect the slash on it to come so quick and to have so much damage behind it. My poor little MaA head. :(

• @DokB:

@Kimiko:

The fork is awesome. I was using it today and had a lot of fun with it. It’s nice and quick. Not much damage, but still… NICE AND QUICK.

That bloody fork is deceptively quick. You never expect the slash on it to come so quick and to have so much damage behind it. My poor little MaA head. :(

slash with a spear type weapon

Once in a blue moon on a starless night in the middle of winter MAYBE. Not often.

• I have exploded quite a few heads with a feintiful slash with my brandi. What wonderful moments those have been.

• @JCash:

@DokB:

@Kimiko:

slash with a spear type weapon

Once in a blue moon on a starless night in the middle of winter MAYBE. Not often.

meme arrows outside of you know where

The difference between fork and the other spears is that it doesn’t have an abysmal slash.

• Don’t listen to any fork-haters, the fork is amazing and you should use it more.