Griefers - OFFICIALLY UNRAVELED

• So how do I report someone who’s harassing other players?

• If its on an official server then that’s easy > http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod
    Just friend any of us temporarily and we will be there in a moments notice to save the day!!

If the player is a member of the forums, just slip one of us a PM and we can keep our eye on them and maybe even have a civil discussion with them (one would hope any way)

If players are being harassed on a server out of our reach and no one seems able to get him kicked then unfortunately I can’t think of anything besides using patience and a cool head that will save the match from an epic flame war.

• How is he harassing other players?

Tking? votekick.

Something in chat? Deal with it lol.

• @King:

If its on an official server then that’s easy > http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod
    Just friend any of us temporarily and we will be there in a moments notice to save the day!!

If the player is a member of the forums, just slip one of us a PM and we can keep our eye on them and maybe even have a civil discussion with them (one would hope any way)

If players are being harassed on a server out of our reach and no one seems able to get him kicked then unfortunately I can’t think of anything besides using patience and a cool head that will save the match from an epic flame war.

I would think a better way of doing it is you guy all joining the group chat. If you are all on the group chat then people can put a compliant there. And it instantly spears as a notification at the bottom left of your screen. Then you can really be an instant response.

Just an idea to improve it.

• @lemonater47:

I would think a better way of doing it is you guy all joining the group chat. If you are all on the group chat then people can put a compliant there. And it instantly spears as a notification at the bottom left of your screen. Then you can really be an instant response.

Just an idea to improve it.

Actually that doesn’t work. I would always be in that group chat and if I was in game, I wouldn’t get any notification at all, so I usually missed any messages and the person would leave and it’d be too late. If you’re not in game, then yeah it works, but otherwise no. So I stopped going in there, plus I was the only one.

There is no perfect solution for this. We made the group as an added feature so people can contact us if needed. That’s the best we can do right now.

• @Kimiko:

Actually that doesn’t work. I would always be in that group chat and if I was in game, I wouldn’t get any notification at all, so I usually missed any messages and the person would leave and it’d be too late. If you’re not in game, then yeah it works, but otherwise no. So I stopped going in there, plus I was the only one.

Turn on beeping for group chat. :)

• @Matti:

@Kimiko:

Turn on beeping for group chat. :)

.> Mine is broken then, because I have that option set… :(

• @Kimiko:

Mine as well… maybe my game volume is up to loud
    Also, your not the only one in the chat silly, we just naturally take shifts.

• @King:

@Kimiko:

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I was there for HOURS and no one ever showed up (in the early days). I was so sad.

• Meh balls to signing onto group chat all the time, it ain’t an actual job we have to clock in for lol.

If people want help, they’re free to get in touch and I’ll come help them, otherwise bugger it, I’ll be doing my own thing with my personal time.

• @BobT36:

Meh balls to signing onto group chat all the time, it ain’t an actual job we have to clock in for lol.

If people want help, they’re free to get in touch and I’ll come help them, otherwise bugger it, I’ll be doing my own thing with my personal time.

I think TBS should provide pagers to all moderators so we can call you any time night or day.

• @gregcau:

@BobT36:

Meh balls to signing onto group chat all the time, it ain’t an actual job we have to clock in for lol.

I think TBS should provide pagers to all moderators so we can call you any time night or day.

They should probably have one/a few paid mods, or someone that exists and is receiving some sort of kickback from them to run this stuff.

The problem with free mods picked from the community is they’ll either not take it seriously and under use their power or let it go to their head and start to get banhappy. Actual good moderation is rare.

• And how does that scale to servers growing and if TBS decides to make new games, will they need another paid mod, and another paid mod? Etc.

Such really wouldn’t be advisable for a tiny indie studio. They’d be expected to provide the same level of professional support constantly in future, which would only grow in costs and effort required. You’d be practically getting into Blizzard’s territory with it’s own entire GM department…

As to taking it seriously well, how far is needed, really? Someone has a problem, pop on and sort it, job done, back to whatever else was doing. We have enough here to handle it if people have problems, especially since it’s just the official servers. :)

Besides I don’t think “nannying” people is the way to go at all. Better to give people the tools to deal with people socially in whatever way suits them, and leave them to it. Admin powers are only really needed for when things really get out of hand, and/or removing hackers etc.

• Well this thread has officially unraveled.

• Has your question been answered? :)

• More or less. I’ll just record him with FRAPS. He’s got two different steam accounts he trolls from.
    Dude got his head handed to him a month ago and won’t let it go. :D

• Is it that tosspot who fancies himself as king of /v/ or whatever, or someone else?

• The player’s name is “oh.” He trolls the team servers and intentionally hits teammates, then calls votes on them if they hit back.
    Pretty sure he also plays under another steam account too.
    FRAPS to come

• @Kimiko:

@King:

@Kimiko:

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I was there for HOURS and no one ever showed up (in the early days). I was so sad.

Well it was always empty for me! Then I just added you 'cause that’s a lot better =]

• It was once in minecraft…… Now it is in chivalry.

jYj7T9eEQ4U