Ghost swings and blocking.

• Im learning to play Knight and it might just be for me but 1/10 of my swings go through people, regardless of which type of swing and the same amount just pass through me, which screws me over as I’ve just blocked something I shouldn’t have blocked and I’m now attacking some bugger who’s about to bash my head in with a combo!

I’m going to stick with this game till the next patch and see if they actually fix something otherwise my faith will be gone entirely, but atop the previous problem I’ve been having, blocking regardless of the accuracy of it, and it’s hard not to be accurate against some rank 1-20 whos using the most basic attacks and even so they ignore my block entirely, sometimes it plays the metal clashing sound yet still I’m struck by the weapon.

A rank 26 with the light Flail just slapped me around because his swings could not be blocked AT ALL, with people spectating me in ts3 they could attest to the daftness that was his apparently godly skills of f*** your block.

Like I said I have faith in the next patch being a miracle one but if it is just me having these problems it might be something that I wont get a fix to (I’ve had something similar happen before in BF3)

Anyone else?

• I see the ghost swing thing happen quite a lot. Sometimes attacks will simply pass through me while I’m blocking. I don’t take damage or anything. It just phases through me completely.

It’s probably a latency issue or something that makes them appear closer to you than they are so it looks like their swing is going through you when it’s really just slightly out of range.

• I don’t recall it being so bad before the patch, tho, I didn’t play much before the update (got the game a week before).

That being said, my friends who had been playing it since launch did note it wasn’t nearly so bad before the patch, but complain about it a lot now. You can’t go a round now without it happening more than once, and I’ve had 2 out of 3 arrows noclip through enemies at point blank ranges (obviously through them, I wasn’t missing), so something is screwy.

I think it is well established and TB is doing their best to address it. Normally, this should have been hotfixed immediately, but TB is tiny so we’ll give them some leeway.

• There are sadly some players whom use a combination of action in this game or something simular to perfom this Ghostswing, only that it is intended to go through a player to completely set him off balance.

There also used to be a exploit that allowed you to almost stab twice, if you did a stab > prepare combo > feint > stab, it would negate your recovery time, thus being able to stab faster. The developers & the people around this individual person who seemed to exploit the crap out of it. His Name was JackBaldy, I’m sure a lot of you still remember him; so the devs ended up calling it “Jackbaldy exploit”.
    Yet this reply is not all about Jackbaldy. As for the ghost swings mentioned further up, I think it could do a decent name of “IO swings”, I’m sure they wouldn’t agree upon that nickname, but others around I’m sure would.

• Ghostswings were related to animations playing when they weren’t meant to I’m pretty sure. Like a hit animation was meant to play, instead you got an input of an attack animation which played instead.

• @DokB:

Ghostswings were related to animations playing when they weren’t meant to I’m pretty sure. Like a hit animation was meant to play, instead you got an input of an attack animation which played instead.

That’s correct DokB, some players have found a way to perfom that 70% of the time.

• There are 2 different ghost like exploits I’m aware of. One seems to appear a lot in pubs and I’m guessing it’s related to spamming your attack in either parry-flinch or regular flinched state. If you’re sharp you can usually notice it’s a ghost and not parry, although it certainly throws you off.

The other one is far worse, easily reproducible and entirely impossible to spot until it’s too late. It is a serious issue that needs fixing ASAP, as I’ve seen this abused on purpose a lot in competitive games.

• @wildwulfy:

Yet this reply is not all about Jackbaldy. As for the ghost swings mentioned further up, I think it could do a decent name of “IO swings”, I’m sure they wouldn’t agree upon that nickname, but others around I’m sure would.

Wow. I have spoken about this topic in some depth with leadership members of several clans and made it clear that nobody in [IO] intentionally abuses this. It can happen to any player in the heat of a battle.

I think that you should learn to treat other clans with the same respect that they treat your clan. I have seen you abusing the bardiche overhead spam, then complaining when I did the same to you.

Hypocrisy, thy name is [___].

• Wow. I have spoken about this topic in some depth with leadership members of several clans and made it clear that nobody in [IO] intentionally abuses this. It can happen to any player in the heat of a battle.

There were people who certainly ghost swinged by accident (relatively new players). I don’t recall anyone who would do so on purpose though, but that isn’t proof of anything. While I agree it isn’t a good thing to blame the whole clan for intentional ghost swinging I must also point out that nobody in his right mind will be willing to confess that he was abusing ghost swings on purpose, so surveys aren’t proof of anything either… The simplest way to get rid of liars, cheaters and other rogue elements - I think no one want such people in their clans or game - is by making a video while caughting them red handed.

• @wildwulfy:

There are sadly some players whom use a combination of action in this game or something simular to perfom this Ghostswing, only that it is intended to go through a player to completely set him off balance.

There also used to be a exploit that allowed you to almost stab twice, if you did a stab > prepare combo > feint > stab, it would negate your recovery time, thus being able to stab faster. The developers & the people around this individual person who seemed to exploit the crap out of it. His Name was JackBaldy, I’m sure a lot of you still remember him; so the devs ended up calling it “Jackbaldy exploit”.

100% agree with this post

theres also an exploit on counterattacks for triggering “fake counters”, tough its already fixed in the next patch, i believe ;)

• @wildwulfy:

There are sadly some players whom use a combination of action in this game or something simular to perfom this Ghostswing, only that it is intended to go through a player to completely set him off balance.
    …. As for the ghost swings mentioned further up, I think it could do a decent name of “IO swings”, I’m sure they wouldn’t agree upon that nickname, but others around I’m sure would.

The Illuminati-swings! You can’t see them, but you know they’re there! :D

• A lot of the time, If I hit some guy whose swinging to interrupt him, often this results in his weapon continuing to swing but ghost through me, then phasing back into another swing. In reality, I broke his windup, then he just recovered and started another swing, but it shows him swinging twice in a row, the first being a ghost.

• I’ve learned to ignore them, and trust my experience to know when an enemy is capable of attacking me
    doesn’t really bother me anymore