Win/Loss ratio for maps

• I asked this in another thread but it was off topic and was left unanswered.

Does TB keep ratio’s and/or statistics for maps played? Would they be able to, for example, have the total wins>losses that new Hillside compares to old Hillside? Or new Citadel compared to old Citadel?

Thanks.

• They do keep track of those numbers for balancing purposes, but I don’t ever remember them releasing it to the public.

• Now that I think about it, wouldn’t it only be for official servers as well?

• @DokB:

Now that I think about it, wouldn’t it only be for official servers as well?

Probably all ranked servers. Its like how they keep track of player progression across non official servers, same business I’d presume.

• Hmm that’s not too good then. :(

Wouldn’t it be better though to give the statistics during beta testing? It would allow testers to make confirmations on how the maps play out or how changes to the map (such as Hillside) has effected the so called “imbalance” and whether it’s made it better or worse.

• @DokB:

Hmm that’s not too good then. :(

Wouldn’t it be better though to give the statistics during beta testing? It would allow testers to make confirmations on how the maps play out or how changes to the map (such as Hillside) has effected the so called “imbalance” and whether it’s made it better or worse.

Well if we are testing it, then they can look at the numbers and our feedback to make informed decisions. Its up to us, to give our side of the story. Then they can check the numbers(in beta and not in beta) to see if a change is needed. I don’t know if giving us the numbers would help or hinder us because if you go in knowing something, you tend to look for it as an outcome.

• Aye, that is true. We don’t necessarily need the stat’s, but it does help put things in perspective. Comparing the beta to the non beta in regards to win/loss wouldn’t be the best thing to do however. The downside of the beta is that its hard to consistently get a group of people on at once. I think Andrew once said that this is what happened with Citadel originally, the first objective was balanced more around a few people playing, while in reality, the map became horribly imbalanced once you added in a full server and even a healthy dose of coordination.

As a fun quirk, do you think they’d be willing to tell us how many Mason victories Mason has had in total once they reach the last objective on Citadel? :P

• You’d have to call upon the Goat for that answer. Me personally, I don’t think I have ever seen it.