Ok, then Torn Banner will NOT fix the exploits, right?

• Hi there, going right to the point.

Thorn banner are failing miserably in some aspects of this game.

First need a fucking year until see that feinting was abusive to now MAYBE, nerf it… And the other broken mechanics???

Most people think that “skill” equals exploits. (as it surely does looks inside the game)

Like… i never really take my time to “master” the amazing art of the “sprinting fight” as i was pretty sure that it would be nerfed , and still no changes… i believed that it was one of the things that thorn banner said that would fix, but the own community (what still is playing) dont think it is a exploit, but to me it seriously looks like a non intended mechanic.

My question is, WILL IT BE FIXED or should i take my time to learn how to fight running around and spinning?

• First off, it is Torn Banner, and second, you have to adjust to the game. Torn Banner doesn’t need to nerf everything just because you said so. If you don’t like the way they deal with the game, don’t play it. Plus, why are you complaining about things they are fixing in the next patch and the next patch has a beta? I think they should remove the beta and next patch just so it would piss you off.

• @LazyBoy:

First off, it is Torn Banner, and second, you have to adjust to the game. Torn Banner doesn’t need to nerf everything just because you said so. If you don’t like the way they deal with the game, don’t play it. Plus, why are you complaining about things they are fixing in the next patch and the next patch has a beta? I think they should remove the beta and next patch just so it would piss you off.

First off, dear little noob, maybe my English skills aren’t that good, but anyways.

I am talking about BUGGED SPRINT and YES, i CAN run around the battlefield in circles slicing people since i am used to that from my LOTS of age of chivalry days.

But it is NOT fun, and it is NOT skill.

actually last map i just put a small stone over my shift key and lol i killed a LOT without need to make ANYTHING that even by a wide look resemble skill.

And i KNOW that it is NOT intended as the lead designer said about the problem of people running in circles, maybe torn Banner dont know how efective it is, and is more effective that in AoC, since in AoC at least you spend stamina to run around.

Torn burner (lol) even put a engaged system in AoC were in fight someone could not sprint. well… in Chivalry right now sprinting is the new summer fever.

And it is a exploit. and i dont like to play running around to counter by opponents, but yes, i can, and i can slice little noobs like you non stop while doing so. :D

• running in a circle is an exploit now?

your inane ranting does raise a point though
    should getting parried pause sprint?

maybe if you weren’t such an idiot this thread would have gone somewhere

• @BB:

running in a circle is an exploit now?

your inane ranting does raise a point though
    should getting parried pause sprint?

maybe if you weren’t such an idiot this thread would have gone somewhere

You are the guy that says that feinting is not op right?

Pretty evident who is the idiot here.

torn banner put a lot of the mechanisms in the game to make it not possible for people to run in circles. Then forgot about it.

I can run to you with a long weapon, stab, and run away all while sprinting being unable to get any punishment.

it IS a exploit, there were treads about it before but the bug got NEVER fixed.

• Hi Bigamo,

First, have you tried out the beta app yet? I want to see how you feel about the new changes that will be released soon.

Secondly, if you want a mature and proper response to your questions, you need to equally give a mature and proper comment/question in your post. Sure you may be angry about some of the mechanics in the game, but being angry about it and saying that TB is “failing miserably” at the game isn’t going to really get you anything at all.

And finally, if you haven’t noticed, there are various patches/hot fixes that have been and will continue to be released. If you’d like to see these changes before they are actually released, refer to point #1 in which I asked about the beta app. If you haven’t yet, install it (it is already in your steam library). We are no longer doing the “opt in to beta”. They are now two separate entities.

Thank you.

• @Bigamo:

I can run to you with a long weapon, stab, and run away all while sprinting being unable to get any punishment.

I welcome you to try that. You need to play against some better players.

• I can run to you with a long weapon, stab, and run away all while sprinting being unable to get any punishment.

Yer this is pretty easy to beat.

• @Bigamo:

You are the guy that says that feinting is not op right?

Nope, I’m of the opinion that it’s not very fair to the defender

@bada:

I welcome you to try that. You need to play against some better players.

What do you think about this tactic Bada? Should being parried stop the sprint and force you to accelerate again from walking speed?

I’ve seen this plenty of times and it’s really not all that hard to counter, but it sure does waste a bunch of my time

• Relax, fixing/adding things take time. Especially for a small indie developer.

• @Bigamo:

Like… i never really take my time to “master” the amazing art of the “sprinting fight” as i was pretty sure that it would be nerfed.

This kind of thinking is absolute poison to any community. “Oh, that guy is doing better than me. Must be exploiting something OP. I won’t bother getting better, just wait for it to be nerfed!”

You’re doing it wrong. Seriously wrong.

And no, I don’t think getting parried should stop you sprinting. People have to LEARN TO PLAY, not wait for TBS to dumb down the game so they can be effective.

Really am sick of this.

• @BB:

What do you think about this tactic Bada? Should being parried stop the sprint and force you to accelerate again from walking speed?

I think in theory it makes sense, but without an actual delay from the switch, the player will just tap shift again. It then comes down to should we be building code against this? I say no. I believe the move counters itself given the right opponent. A skilled player will always be aggressive when you give him an opening. Turning your back is very risky. Things like this are also a one trick pony. Even if the player is not “pro” it won’t take long for them to catch on and play against it. It is hardly overpowered.

• kiting op

this thread lol

• Some tactics and maneuvers are easy to pull off but hard to counter
    This might be one such maneuver

Personaly when I play Van I do this a lot, and have a pretty easy time of it
    Playing as any other class however I find I have to work a bit harder, for one thing actually chasing the guy running around is the worst possible thing to do, a quick 180 slash is not an easy thing to see coming
    So I pretty much just sit there watching the Van dance around, swinging 180 at thin air where they expect me to be, I watched one Van do this 3 times in a row before running off to find someone else to bait

When this maneuver becomes the primary tactic fo vans and other slow hitting weapons, then I see it as a problem

And Bada with the way sprinting works now they wouldn’t have to tap it again, holding it will start up their sprint again
    This really wouldn’t be that big of a nerf, but it does give people able to parry the strikes a chance to catch up

Alternatively it could be similar to how your sprint is turned off when you get hit

• Back with a bit less RAGE! (But not THAT less) :D

Kimiko: I am not new to torn burner (loved that one ;) ) i played age of chivalry since release, i see a lot of AoC problems solved in CMW just to be reintroduced with several new and broken mechanics.

-first Archers become snipers, and that alone already make “proper” fighting in viable since a more static fighting style will ALWAYS led to an arrow in the EYE, yes, it is in the EYE not in the knee.

• Then Torn banner trashed the parry system… to now slowly make it work again. Somebody plz tells me why it is so freaking hard to a 2h parry a knife while a knife guy can use it to parry a 2 handed battle axe?

• Feint… new mechanic that made any meaningful fight obsolete. and that there is a fix in work in beta, that WILL NOT land in the next patch god know why… and thats 7 months after release… the worst mechanic EVER in a fighting game took 7 MONTHS to be “fixed” and still that fix will not be made live yet (According to the beta patch notes).

• infinite sprinting… and so on…

EVEN THE FACE HUG TREAD LINKS DIRECTLY WITH THIS ONE. Since the REAL problem with face hugging is that one can simply keep sprinting forever to your face and there is no way to avoid it. The problem isnt face hugging, the problem is SPRINT!

BB yes, i am not talking JUST about kiting, like i said i am talking about kitting/face hugging/getting out of weapon reach in a blink of an eye, etc.

i am making it now… and it is just bull crap. Last night i run in middle of a 5 opponents group with my claymore, just pressing shift and slashing… The funny thing is that from those 5 players one were a pug (but a good one) and 4 were members of 2 very good clans, and all full of skill. Result? ALL the 5 dead… I can usually fight 2 or 3 guys for a while not sprinting, but not completely brutalize then as i did while sprinting. without any need to real footwork, just spam slash, some jumps, a occasional parry… go to the other side, turn, run back… all dead.

If i am playing maa, archer or knight. how you can stop one from face hugging you if he comes sprinting? Here we have the link with the face hug with the same problem, not just you cant avoid that he closes, but after kicking him away, you cant avoid then to INSTA close again.

All you need is to press shift… it is free, costs no stamina and have ZERO drawn back.

In such a case i would just recommend to make sprinting the default without need to care with pressing shift.

Kiting was just ONE of the multiple issues caused by this mechanic.

cheers! See you in the field! (While running around you pressing shift)

• double post… server is sucking right now.

• Hehe, sprinting is an exploit now. Oh forums, you so crazy

• @Daiyuki:

Hehe, sprinting is an exploit now. Oh forums, you so crazy

My money is on delays being the next “exploit”!^^

• -archers are archers, they may be annoying but they are also an integral part of the class balance system
    Let me take a guess and say you main Van, archers counter vans

-daggers hit faster, meaning they are harder to react to, not rocket science

-feints are a big part of high level gameplay, and very important seeing as how easy it is to block
    TB doesn’t want to just throw out fixes and nerfs all willy nilly

-nothing is wrong with infinite sprinting

-facehugging is not a problem, many weapons require that range to hit, and ther is no weapon or class that benefits more than any other from being that close
    Also you don’t need sprinting to facehug, backpedal speed is slower than walking forward

• @BB:

-archers are archers, they may be annoying but they are also an integral part of the class balance system
    Let me take a guess and say you main Van, archers counter vans

I used to, like a lot of other people i changed to maa and knight since not just archers eat vanguards, they are too the most affected by both face hugging AND feints, as they dont have shields to counter those exploits, that being said since i put a stone in my shift key i am playing vanguard and pressing a lot of xx2 after killing rank 20 noobs that dont know that the secret of “skill” is to put a stone on the shift key and are trying to footwork and other kind of useless things, like timing its attacks and so on.

-daggers hit faster, meaning they are harder to react to, not rocket science

That is not the issue, the issue is that you need to be super precise with both mouse positioning and timing to block then, while you can swing with a 2h in THE BACK of a knight holding a shield and it will still defend most of the time.

Archers are broken, i can play archers too, they are broken… they WERE firstly put right on chivalry, as they were in AoC before it and then some noob youtube casters complained that they were to hard to play and they become super archers. Before some guys did GREAT with archers (myself not included) now anyone does great with archers (myself included).

-feints are a big part of high level gameplay, and very important seeing as how easy it is to block
    TB doesn’t want to just throw out fixes and nerfs all willy nilly

High level gameplay? there is NONE in chivalry. There is LEARN TO FEINT 3 TIMES TO AUTO HIT A 2 HANDED USER, there is put a stone in the shift key and you and your opponent run in circles trying to hit each other. etc. The cinematographic sword fighting is non were to be seen. That kind of fighting in the doctor Nick videos? Non were to be seen, all you will see are feint abuse (finally getting fixed) and people running in circles around each other pressing shift, and to that there is no signal of any change.

-nothing is wrong with infinite sprinting

I agree, WHILE people didnt spend all the time in fight sprinting, now it is just bullshit.

-facehugging is not a problem, many weapons require that range to hit, and ther is no weapon or class that benefits more than any other from being that close

Agree and disagree.

I agree that facehugging is not a problem if people didnt sprint, and even while walk forward IS faster than backpedal the difference is FAR LESSER than someone sprinting in your direction.

And surely some classes benefit more than others on it. Let me be a MAA face hugging you with a mace or a sword and you will see, you cant even strike back. Again, far from cinematographic swordplay.

Also you don’t need sprinting to facehug, backpedal speed is slower than walking forward

Again… as above… if not sprinting you can back pedal, and can trade strikes while the opponent approaches, you cant even think about avoid a face hug if the opponent come sprinting. What isnt a problem in itself, the problem is that one can keep running forever, even if taking a hit the velocity chance isnt that great, and dont endure that long either.