Video Game List

• Little known fact: I collect video games.

I don’t necessarily go out all the time and buy some but once in a while I’ll buy a few here and there. Over the last 3-4 years, I have built up quite a bit of a collection. Here is the list:

http://videogamelist.tumblr.com/

If there is a game you see that you’d like to know about or discuss, feel free to shoot me a pm or reply to this. :)

• That is the most beautiful list that I’ve ever seen. If only I had the money.

How happy would you be if you won that competition that Steam did before, where you won EVERY SINGLE Steam game that was currently released at the time? :o

• @Matti:

That is the most beautiful list that I’ve ever seen. If only I had the money.

How happy would you be if you won that competition that Steam did before, where you won EVERY SINGLE Steam game that was currently released at the time? :o

It would be cool, but I have a love/hate relationship with Steam. I like that I can get games for cheap, I like I can get indie games and I like the service. However, I prefer have physical copies so I try to get as much physical copies of pc games as possible and activate them on Steam. If Steam ever goes away, I’ll still have my physical copies so I can play the games without it or without an internet connection.

• applause

Beautiful list!

• I think the first two games I played were

[image:2p9fbxau]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/Manic_Miner_Screenshot.png[/image:2p9fbxau]

[image:2p9fbxau]http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/feature/3983/0203.png[/image:2p9fbxau]

anyone old enough to remember them

• You should try Baldur’s Gate 2. It’s good. And the box art is sweet too.

• Thanks everyone. :)

@Helgeran:

You should try Baldur’s Gate 2. It’s good. And the box art is sweet too.

Oddly enough, I owned this game about 10 years ago and enjoyed it quite a lot. I’d definitely love to get my hands on it again.

• Ok now close your eyes and name as many as you can :)

seriously though, you should never be bored in this life time.

• @gregcau:

anyone old enough to remember them

You old…

And Keith… Why no Shining Force? :(

• @Kimiko:

And Keith… Why no Shining Force? :(

There is many games that I would say to myself why no _____? Shining Force is definitely one of those games I’d like to have again. The list is too long so I’m not always going to be able to get everything right away.

@King:

Ok now close your eyes and name as many as you can :)

seriously though, you should never be bored in this life time.

Of course not, because I have Chivalry. :D

Even though I should never be bored, having a lot of games presents it’s own problems. For example:

“Hmm, which game should I play?”
    20 minutes later
    “Hmm, which console should I play?”
    20 minutes later
    “Hmmm, still not sure what I should play?”
    2 hours later
    “Oh yeah, I was going to play something.”

“……Hmmm, which game should I play?”

Good thing I can always rely on Chivalry. :D

• @Keith:

Even though I should never be bored, having a lot of games presents it’s own problems. For example:

20 minutes later
    20 minutes later
    2 hours later

That happens to me as well :D
    Speaking strictly steam, I went crazy the on the Christmas sale two years ago and got so many games I have no idea what to play.
    I have yet to play at least 59% of my steam library even after all this time (though most of that is because about half my games would kill my super computer on launch… I should hopefully be getting this fixed this weekend, it has only taken two years)

• @King:

@Keith:

20 minutes later
    20 minutes later
    2 hours later

That happens to me as well :D
    Speaking strictly steam, I went crazy the on the Christmas sale two years ago and got so many games I have no idea what to play.
    I have yet to play at least 59% of my steam library even after all this time (though most of that is because about half my games would kill my super computer on launch… I should hopefully be getting this fixed this weekend, it has only taken two years)

Yeah, I went crazy on that same sale. I’d say I played a good portion of my Steam games. However, a good portion of those and my other games are ones that I’ve only touched once, maybe twice. It’s a matter of time and just trying to get through the backlog of games.

The thing though about having a backlog is that you don’t want to rush the games just to get through them. I look at each game as if it came out that day and play it that way. If I rush through a game then I’m not getting the full experience I could achieve. For example, I just played through the first Torchlight game and as much as I really wanted to get to the sequel, I took some time with it. There’s so much to do that I didn’t want to feel like I was missing out or that I’m not giving the game the respect it deserves. It’s hard because I want to complete games, but I also don’t want to feel like I’m cheating myself out of them.

• I completely agree about not rushing games.
    My brother and my uncle being rather drastic examples.

My brother went straight through Skyrims main story in about a day.
    My uncle on the other hand has 888 hours in game (and counting) and still has yet to beat the main story.

Also before you get the wrong image of my uncle…

He is the tall black guy on the right by the way

• @King:

I completely agree about not rushing games.
    My brother and my uncle being rather drastic examples.

My brother went straight through Skyrims main story in about a day.
    My uncle on the other hand has 888 hours in game (and counting) and still has yet to beat the main story.

Also before you get the wrong image of my uncle…

He is the tall black guy on the right by the way

That’s pretty cool. He’s definitely getting his money’s worth and I can see how he would spend so much time in that game because it’s good. Also, the idea that a gamer is someone that lives in their parent’'s basement or has no social skills or activities bothers me because anyone can game. Your uncle is a prime example of that. He’s a cop so he’s always helping others and I’m sure he has a wonderful family he takes care of, so he should not have people automatically assume such images of him because he enjoys a game a lot or has invested a bunch of time into it.

• Did you know that Internet in the U.S. is mostly an uncomfortable topic. Service penetration leaves 19 million in the information dark, and costs are not going to drop if the telecoms get the full-scale deregulation they seek.

• Keith mate. You gotta get one of those mystical creatures called a “girlfriend”.

• @lemonater47:

Keith mate. You gotta get one of those mystical creatures called a “girlfriend”.

Awww thanks Lemon but I’m already ahead of you, will be celebrating one year on Monday.

• Spyro… crash bandicoot. Holy crap, that brings back some good memories.

• @The:

Spyro… crash bandicoot. Holy crap, that brings back some good memories.

Definitely some good games. :D

• Have you played the first Fallout games? Have you played the Myth series? :)