Man at Arms dodge inconsistency

• Just a simple observation on an inconsistent mechanic:

A man at arms with a shield raised in a blocking state can dodge.

A Man at arms in a parry state (without a shield), cannot dodge.

Why?

• This would be so nice to have

• This actually makes me scratch my head when I think of this.

When I fall for a feint and I raise my parry, I’d certainly love to be able to dodge during that time.

When I have a shield where it’s much more forgiving when dealing with feints, yet I can dodge with my shield raised where normally I wouldn’t need to against a feint.

It strange to think why I can’t dodge with parry yet I can dodge with shield, unless this is a bug where you are not supposed to dodge with shield. :P

• @DokB:

When I fall for a feint and I raise my parry, I’d certainly love to be able to dodge during that time.

I’m sure you would to, but you really shouldn’t be able to. MaA’s feint defense is already stronger than anyone else’s, not need to make it even worse. For consistency you could remove the dodge for shieldblocking MaA aswell, which would be the much better choice imho.

• @Falc:

@DokB:

I’m sure you would to, but you really shouldn’t be able to. MaA’s feint defense is already stronger than anyone else’s, not need to make it even worse. For consistency you could remove the dodge for shieldblocking MaA aswell, which would be the much better choice imho.

Agreed.

• That’s what I meant, the fact that you can dodge with a shield raised, even when stunned, makes me think that this is a bug.

• @Falc:

I’m sure you would to, but you really shouldn’t be able to. MaA’s feint defense is already stronger than anyone else’s.

Except for the part where dodge fails to even do what it’s supposed to do over half the time.

• This is indeed a bit of a concern. What I also dislike is the ability to dodge while stunned, as did highlight dokb.

• You guys are talking about the special stun right?
    I’ve never been able to dodge during that
    Are you guys sure you can?

@Falc:

@DokB:

I’m sure you would to, but you really shouldn’t be able to. MaA’s feint defense is already stronger than anyone else’s

No it’s not
    If someone feints you and you fall for it by parrying you have as much chance getting out of that as any other class

Can’t dodge during the parry cooldown either

• Well that’s certainly counter intuitive.