Hammers…..did we just skip over that part?

• Ever since i started playing this game from pretty much when it came out ive always wondered one thing……wtf is up with the hammers? And how does nobody notice how OP they are?

All of them 2 shot for sure, and 50/50 chance they one shot at full health or JUST less than full. Feinting is fine to me and most other high ranks, but when they feint with a hammer it really is impossible to counter. Especially when HALF the time the hammer lags up stays in mid swing with what looks like an extra 2-3 secs to their already slow swing…And to think theres a little hammer…which is faster…2 shots and half the time 1 shots as well lol…

They arent game breaking…but then again i dont see many people really understanding the power they have and when they do that person is always at the top with less than 5 deaths and 10x that amount in kills. I just dont get what the trade off is for them, They swing slow (at times) they swing fast in combos(slow at times) they pretty much 1 shot most people and they lag up SO much, They have good reach (little hammer has 5ft extra on every swing). If anything is like “rolling the dice” while playing, its fighting someone who is ok with any of the noob hammers.

• It actually takes skill to use those hammers.

The maul uses the most skill. A good maul user can murder everyone. But you don’t find many good maul users. And it usually requires some ducking.

• Do mouse drags with them…alt overheads lookdowns into poke combos really any combo into poke is almost always going to drag weird if you move it at all its just insanely easy to fake people and theres 0 room error off something that has range/swings fast on combos/hits like a train. Sure if you mind numbingly swing at someone its going to be slow and pretty easy to block. Just wait till people get swings down. Most people you see with them arent very good…

It wouldnt be as bad, if it didnt randomly swing fast or slow on certain lmbs/alt ones…then it just becomes a dice roll at times more often than not and too think one hit touches you and thats your head.

• @yayolol:

All of them 2 shot for sure, and 50/50 chance they one shot at full health or JUST less than full.

50/50 chance? Are you sure that’s not because they’re hitting the head? And also… It isn’t possible to one hit with a warhammer at full health.

Most damage that can be dealt to an Archer: 80
    Most damage that can be dealt to a Man-at-Arms: 75
    Most damage that can be dealt to a Vanguard: 70
    Most damage that can be dealt to a Knight damage: 60

• Mauls actually got a pretty undeserved nerf recently when MAA got blunt resist buff… I don’t care about the other hammers because they are stupid. (especially grand mace, it’s just a maul for little girls)

I say bring back one shot potential in the torso against MAAs.

• I find it hard to combo with the maul since the patch that killed the vet helm for a few months. It used to be one of my best weapons, now it just doesn’t feel right. It is def not over powered, its slow and hard to time. The grand mace is pretty powerful but I rarely see anyone use it. In the last month I have been using the mace with a knight, it 2 hits most of the time but is VERY short. Since everyone seems to spam offense with ghost swings its a great hit trade weapon. I also like the morning star with the knight, it looks really cool and has some nice reach. The warhammer is really slow.

Basically if you think anything but the grand mace is amazing, use it yourself and show us how uber it is.

• A maul (doesent matter how good you are) has no chance against any other hammer user.
    The grand mace overpowers it and the warhammer is about the same as grand mace.
    But knowing the use of warhammer results into basicly completing the game lol
    The most fearsome weapon it is. Doesent matter if youre not afraid of it. If the day happens when you see one who knows how to use it, you better have a good story to leave the server.
    Its slow attack makes it a brutal hit trade weapon. And Im sure youll never want to hit trade a warhammer user as he always gets the upper hand

• Meh… I honestly find that the warhammer is hard to use compared to the mace or morning star, sure you can two shot knights but it’s slow. You can two shot everything except knights with a mace anyway which is faster and has better combo/recovery times.

• @ragnarok:

A maul (doesent matter how good you are) has no chance against any other hammer user.
    The grand mace overpowers it and the warhammer is about the same as grand mace.
    But knowing the use of warhammer results into basicly completing the game lol
    The most fearsome weapon it is. Doesent matter if youre not afraid of it. If the day happens when you see one who knows how to use it, you better have a good story to leave the server.
    Its slow attack makes it a brutal hit trade weapon. And Im sure youll never want to hit trade a warhammer user as he always gets the upper hand

False. Mauls own everything.

• The 1h hammer is OP, but then again all the 1h weapons are OP. FAR more damage than they should have with their speeds, there is pretty much no reason to use a 2h in a 1 on 1 when 1h weapons do the same damage. the foolishness makes me want to bash my head into a wall.

T2 hammer 1 shots archers with lmb, 1 shots vans, and man at arms. I’d be fine with it if it 2 shotted vans. 1 shotting 3/4 classes, 2 shotting 4th = OP.

But then again i think vanguard needs either an HP or armor buff, they just die too quicky. 2 shotted by a knight secondary (several of them can) is just insizane. And why are knight secondaries man at arms primaries? I never got that, should just be daggers and cudgel chain or something. Too powerful secondaries.

The third tier hammer is fine, good damage, hard to use.