Offical 21:9 Aspect Ratio support?

• Hi there these Dell Super Widescreen monitors are quite popular and offer some great extra viewing area over 16:9 Aspect Ratio and it would be great if the game could add official support for it.

As far as i am aware Chivalry does not support 2560x1080 Resolution correctly.the HUD also does not work optimally in 21:9.

Please? :P

• @rdonnell:

Hi there these Dell Super Widescreen monitors are quite popular

If “quite popular” means “a minority” then you’re right on! Sarcasm aside, I would like to see this game have as many features as possible but I have a feeling it’ll be a while before we get 21:9 aspect ratio. But I don’t know, maybe something like this is easily implemented!

• @rdonnell:

Hi there these Dell Super Widescreen monitors are quite popular

Lol, good one, I give you that…

• Yes and no. Why not solve ALL aspect ratios instead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_v … ng_methods

If the game used Hor+ instead of Ver- then all aspect ratios for the 3D projection would be supported.
    That means that you set the Vertical field of view with the slider instead of the horisontal.
    Right now it’s pretty much unplayable at 5760x1080 or aspect 48:9 which is an eyefinity triple 1080p display setup. And with bezel correction you would get something like 5842x1080 or just about ANY number with aspects like 48.03:9 or some other non standard number.
    But if they just change it to Hor+ then all aspects, even multimonitor setups with bezel qorrection would work just fine.

It’s really easy to fix also, the simple math formulas are even there on that wiki page…