Brandistock, last spear unlock but really bad.

• It has no advantages over the spear. Except for increased swing damage taking one hit off a knight to kill.

But with all the other attacks its the same amount of hits. But its slower and shorter than the spear.

It takes 3 torso hits to kill a knight with the secondary/overhead attack and two hits for everyone else even dealing 20 more damage. (Overhead stab is actually the underhand animation, normal stab has the overhead animation, confusing).

It does the exact same stab damage as the spear. Both 60.

Its blunt attack does 50 damage which deals pretty much the same damage as the stab as its blunt damage. Means one less hit on a knight.

And the charge attack is the lowest of all spears lower than the fork even. It can’t 1 hit an archer with a charge the other two can. The brandistock only if its a headshot.

The spear deals the same amount of hits and is longer and shorter. There is pretty much no advantage to use the brandistock.

Make it 2 shot overhead/secondary attack a knight. I swear it did once.

• @lemonater47:

Make it 2 shot overhead/secondary attack a knight. I swear it did once.

I’m pretty sure it two-hits a knight (if you stab him in the head at least once :o ). Coming from a proud and avid brandistock user, I see no troubles with it. Doesn’t look like a confronting weapon, but boy does it do well in battle.

I haven’t actually used the spear much, at all… Wouldn’t know the difference.

• The brandistock has one pretty big advantage that actually seems like a disadvantage at first.

The underhand spear attack is extremely slow so if you try and parry quickly then your parry window will actually end before the windup finishes so it’s very easy to get tricked into leaving yourself open for a hit.

It’s a bit like a built-in autofeint.

• @David:

The brandistock has one pretty big advantage that actually seems like a disadvantage at first.

The underhand spear attack is extremely slow so if you try and parry quickly then your parry window will actually end before the windup finishes so it’s very easy to get tricked into leaving yourself open for a hit.

It’s a bit like a built-in autofeint.

So essentially you are saying that this weapon is good because it is so bad that nobody uses it and nobody is used to fighting against it because of that? really? :D
    That thing is a bad thrusting spear and that’s it. :D

• Nope. I use the brandi and it’s a great weapon. It’s not shorter than the spear at all . O.o. You’ve gotta learn to hop around like a bunny and give them a slash to the head when they least expect it to make it explode. Quite fun that is. It’s a very powerful weapon and I do quite well with it.

Spear does 40 slash, 70 overhead, 60 stab damage
    Brandi does 50 slash, 90 overhead, 60 stab damage

So yes, they do the same stab damage, but that’s it. That’s why the overhead is quite powerful and one I use the most, but when I want to get in quick before they do, I go with the stab. Keep in mind those are just the general damage values. It’s different for each class and where you attack them as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1

• I use this all the time, and I can attest to the fact that it is a brilliant weapon. I very often 2-hit knights, and the feints on the overhead are pretty evil.

If you’re using this weapon you definitely want to rely on the overhead (sounds silly to call it that) move the most. It’s massively damaging.

• When things get too hot for javelin melee i switch to the brandistock and clean up. Its my favourite fall back weapon. Its especially good in duels where people are doing one trick pony stuff that beats my javelin, so i switch to the brandi and then win every fight against said one trick ponies.