Config Changes have no effect

• So i’ve been trying to get the game to run at better than 20 fps when near combat, 15 when in combat.

I’ve been copying in various different configs, changing settings etc in the configs, but when i launch the game, nothing comes through.

I’ve set Fullscreen=True in UDKSystemSettings.ini and launched the game and it still comes up windowed. No, the only launch setting I have is -dx11.

I’m at a loss. how to I edit these settings if i can’t do it in the console and config changes don’t to anything.

Any advice?

• Sanity check: are you editing the UDKSystemSettings.ini here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config ? Also, are you editing the settings under the first “bucket” as they call it in the settings file (under the heading [SystemSettings] ). Also, attach a Launch.log.

• …smh… i was going to the stuff in the steam/steamapps/common

and the files looked the same for the most part…

That should fix my problem then correct?

• Yeah, just tried that my games folder. changes worked.

Only problem though, is i first tested with a config that went for higher detail. In game i lowered the settings. I then closed the game and found a high FPS specific config. Pasted that in, saved, ran the game. Game came back up with the high settings as well as the config when i opened it again. Is that the Steam Cloud being an asshole like for other games? I then re-pasted and hit read only and the changes kept. What’s the best way of dealing with this?

• @The_Hairy_Baboon:

Yeah, just tried that my games folder. changes worked.

Only problem though, is i first tested with a config that went for higher detail. In game i lowered the settings. I then closed the game and found a high FPS specific config. Pasted that in, saved, ran the game. Game came back up with the high settings as well as the config when i opened it again. Is that the Steam Cloud being an asshole like for other games? I then re-pasted and hit read only and the changes kept. What’s the best way of dealing with this?

If the config you used had something incorrect in it, it is possible that the game reverted to the default values.

• i am agree with 2nd# user Sanity check: are you editing the UDKSystemSettings.ini here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config ? Also, are you editing the settings under the first “bucket” as they call it in the settings file (under the heading [SystemSettings] ).thanks

• yeah, i’m using the folder sanity check had posted. and yes, first bucket changes.

at this point, until I get a new comp or get more ability to adjust settings like in hl2, i probably won’t be playing much. Just can’t pull above 15-20 fps even on low settings over periods of time.