Average of 500-1000 player base lost

• Most of this can be attributed to Clans figuring out every exploit and abusing them in public servers to utterly dominate people who just want to play like normal.

Most of the time when more than 3 clan members in a server I start seeing stuff in chat like “Wow how are you hitting me so fast?” or “Why are you staring at the floor?”

No one wants to play this game when rank 40’s are not acting like knights and are doing all kinds of weird tricks to win.

• @Holy.Death:

Making game less counter-intuitive is good stance overall. It isn’t about “balancing the game for noobs”, it’s about improving it so it’s much more intuitive for anybody. Most complaints are made because the game works in opposition to what is expected in many fields and is seen as broken and needs to be fixed. The more it stays in that way, the less people will be convinced to play it after their initial hours.

I assume you mean more intuitive. Unfortunately it’s hard to make the game more intuitive without making it a lot easier in general in most cases. Also, again, there are many games where people of very high skill get called cheaters and exploiters because the newer players simply don’t understand the mechanics and/or can’t comprehend the massive skill gap. There are many players that are very good at the game. How come they could figure stuff out when someone else couldn’t?

• Unfortunately it’s hard to make the game more intuitive without making it a lot easier in general in most cases.

I think about it diffrently - it’s very hard to change anything right now without making a major overhaul, so we’re stuck with fixing what’s broken in the currect model. I miss the lost potential of two handed weapons like axes or hammers: they should work much more different than swords while right now they work almost the same.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/article … hields.htm

To be completely honest I think we’ll have to wait for real in-depth medieval combat until we’ll be able to get some kind of improved Kinect equipment. Without being able to move like in real life it’s extremely hard to get good results.

• @Holy.Death
    Not necessarily. Tweaking netcode and setting proper ping limit would be a good start. FPS game especially like Chivalry is just a joke without a SIMPLE ping limit. Soo much BS because of playing against 300 ms pingolinos. This game might be ok, it can be good… but it doesn’t even deserve to stand near the word competitive. Not in such shape.

• @Peacerer:

@Holy.Death
    Not necessarily. Tweaking netcode and setting proper ping limit would be a good start. FPS game especially like Chivalry is just a joke without a SIMPLE ping limit. Soo much BS because of playing against 300 ms pingolinos. This game might be ok, it can be good… but it doesn’t even deserve to stand near the word competitive. Not in such shape.

It’s called votekick.

Say the guy has really high ping first. Then kick him.

Simple as that.

• In pubs it will often end up with you being kicked. It simply doesn’t work due to soo many naps who don’t know the basics.

• I would lose faith in humanity if it wasn’t a LOT more, I mean this is an extremely buggy and imbalanced game with bad core game mechanics…. Well I guess I’m the true retard that bought the hype and bought the game.

I mean they said they had real time swings with accurate hitboxes (yeah right), well supported by the devs (lol the game is extremely buggy 6 months after launch), with a skill based combat system (if you think the feint/block mechanics are skill based then may god have mercy on soul). I mean that sounds like a great game…

• @theuprising:

I would lose faith in humanity if it wasn’t a LOT more, I mean this is an extremely bugging and imbalanced game with bad core game mechanics…. Well I guess I’m the true retard that bought the hype and bought the game.

I mean they said they had real time swings with accurate hitboxes (yeah right), well supported by the devs (lol the game is extremely buggy 6 months after launch), with a skill based combat system (if you think the feint/block mechanics are skill based then may god have mercy on soul). I mean that sounds like a great game…

Interesting how you fail to mention your played time…

• @Hitom:

@theuprising:

I would lose faith in humanity if it wasn’t a LOT more, I mean this is an extremely bugging and imbalanced game with bad core game mechanics…. Well I guess I’m the true retard that bought the hype and bought the game.

Interesting how you fail to mention your played time…

I thought they would make it better, especially after 6 months after an EXTREMELY successful launch at which point they should be swimming in money. Instead they are too busy picking furniture for their new office and are beginning to develop their new game… I am surely not buying whatever they plan to sell next…

• Me and most of K7 quit because with every patch the game only got worse, and people lost hope. Tried to fix blocking and broke it instead, and still can’t fix it now. Most mechanics are broken or absurd (netcode and insta hits for example). There is no optimization. A game that looks like its from 2007 runs several TIMES worse than battlefield 3 on my high end pc. Now the devs are removing feints because some cry babies couldn’t handle it… And so much more has not been fixed and/or improved and a lot of those things only got worse and new bugs are being introduced… If nothing changes after next patch I don’t think I’ll be back even for tournaments…

It was a fun game to play for a while, but in in it’s current state the game is not fit for further competitive play nor even pub stomping.

• @Avallac:

Me and most of K7 quit because with every patch the game only got worse, and people lost hope. Tried to fix blocking and broke it instead, and still can’t fix it now. Most mechanics are broken or absurd (netcode and insta hits for example). There is no optimization. A game that looks like its from 2007 runs several TIMES worse than battlefield 3 on my high end pc. Now the devs are removing feints because some cry babies couldn’t handle it… And so much more has not been fixed and/or improved and a lot of those things only got worse and new bugs are being introduced… If nothing changes after next patch I don’t think I’ll be back even for tournaments…

It was a fun game to play for a while, but in in it’s current state the game is not fit for further competitive play nor even pub stomping.

okay bye.

• @Avallac:

Me and most of K7 quit because with every patch the game only got worse, and people lost hope. Tried to fix blocking and broke it instead, and still can’t fix it now. Most mechanics are broken or absurd (netcode and insta hits for example). There is no optimization. A game that looks like its from 2007 runs several TIMES worse than battlefield 3 on my high end pc. Now the devs are removing feints because some cry babies couldn’t handle it… And so much more has not been fixed and/or improved and a lot of those things only got worse and new bugs are being introduced… If nothing changes after next patch I don’t think I’ll be back even for tournaments…

They are fucking removing feint? I think i´ll be leaving this game if that happens.

• http://steamcharts.com/app/219640

This sums it up pretty well.

This game, for a number of reasons, can’t retain its player-base. Patches that break things is one of those reasons as a poster has said. Another issue that everyone seems to be forgetting is how simple this game really is. There’s really only one way to play this game - aggression. It doesn’t cater to anybody else. Twisting around mechanics isn’t just encouraged, it’s rewarded.

• @omg87:

http://steamcharts.com/app/219640

This sums it up pretty well.

This game, for a number of reasons, can’t retain its player-base. Patches that break things is one of those reasons as a poster has said. Another issue that everyone seems to be forgetting is how simple this game really is. There’s really only one way to play this game - aggression. It doesn’t cater to anybody else. Twisting around mechanics isn’t just encouraged, it’s rewarded.

This^

• The game first comes out and basically, everyone starts at the same level of experience. As months roll by, these players refine their game play, setup macro’s and generally learn all the pro’s and con’s of the game… Months after the game first went live, new players are still trickling in, however, the experience now for the new player is much more deadly. They die very quickly, yet they are still in the mode of learning the basic game mechanics… The gap between new and vet players is substantial.

If servers were ranked from 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc. and only players ranked such were allowed in them, the feelings the vet players have now regarding the state of the game would still be months down the road for the newer player base. Not all things are equal in this game right now when you compare your startup experience with those starting to play the game now.

• @Mauloch:

The game first comes out and basically, everyone starts at the same level of experience. As months roll by, these players refine their game play, setup macro’s and generally learn all the pro’s and con’s of the game… Months after the game first went live, new players are still trickling in, however, the experience now for the new player is much more deadly. They die very quickly, yet they are still in the mode of learning the basic game mechanics… The gap between new and vet players is substantial.

If servers were ranked from 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc. and only players ranked such were allowed in them, the feelings the vet players have now regarding the state of the game would still be months down the road for the newer player base. Not all things are equal in this game right now when you compare your startup experience with those starting to play the game now.

I think only 1-20 is needed, one server in europe, one in west of USA.

But I’ve suggested it before and they don’t seem to understand the importance.

• “I think only 1-20 is needed, one server in Europe, one in west of USA.”
    “But I’ve suggested it before and they don’t seem to understand the importance.”

That would be a welcomed improvement! For us newer players it’s not the game or any bugs that are the source of frustration, instead it’s the unethical, obnoxious player who has me quickly reaching my frustration limit with the game.

• @Mauloch:

“I think only 1-20 is needed, one server in Europe, one in west of USA.”
    “But I’ve suggested it before and they don’t seem to understand the importance.”

That would be a welcomed improvement! For us newer players it’s not the game or any bugs that are the source of frustration, instead it’s the unethical, obnoxious player who has me quickly reaching my frustration limit with the game.

Its more than that. Back in December you were playing with people of your own skill for the most part and that just makes the game way more fun. Its fun to get kills, its not so fun to have one or two players completely dominate the match.

New players having their own servers will give them fun and a playground to really get into the game and want to get better.

But unfortunately new players don’t really get into the forums until later and so no one is pushing the idea on their behalf. Community is suffering from it because new players are not really sticking around - or at least the overall number of players has dropped.

• What happened to people getting around problems. Instead of just sitting there and sulking about it.

• Getting rid of feinting huh? Exaggerate more, perhaps this is why your K7 clan quit, you can’t keep things in perspective.