Is there some new MaA dodge trick I don't know about?

• I’ve been seeing this thing lately from a select few Maa’s that nobody has heard of.

Ive seen 3 different Maa’s do it so far. No, it’s not lag; i doubt there’s any hacking going on.
    But it seems as though their dodge forward seems to cover twice as much distance as it normally does.

Is there a new trick for dodge going around that I’m not aware of?

• nope
    nothing I know of at least

• There is. I don’t know if I was the first to find it, but I haven’t seen anyone else using it =p

Then again it’s probably a bug, but it would be great if it stayed, at least in its normal form. There are some dodges that just wonk out and send you flying forward like you were just prodded in the buttcheeks by a firebrand.

• @Daiyuki:

There is. I don’t know if I was the first to find it, but I haven’t seen anyone else using it =p

Then again it’s probably a bug, but it would be great if it stayed, at least in its normal form. There are some dodges that just wonk out and send you flying forward like you were just prodded in the buttcheeks by a firebrand.

well how do you do it??

• But my advantage… =[

You just shift-dodge. If you’ve played the current beta, it’s the same timing as getting your archer to sprint while drawing his bow despite the change that attempted to eliminate that.

• just tried it, really not noticing anything besides me running instead of walking when I’m done dodging :/
    doesn’t seem to go any further

and to sprint with an arrow knocked all you need to do is press shift while is loading

• @BB:

just tried it, really not noticing anything besides me running instead of walking when I’m done dodging :/

and to sprint with an arrow knocked all you need to do is press shift while is loading

Not in the beta. And trust me, it goes further with the proper timing and for some reason sometimes rockets you way further, which I think is the actual buggy part of it.

The explanation I have is that by initiating sprint just before you dodge and holding shift the whole time you’re dodging, you keep some of the dodge speed afterwards, thereby extending your dodge. A dodge sets your speed at 495 (I think) and by sprinting that whole time and afterwards, your speed drops down to normal more slowly than it would, extending the distance you reach with that dodge.

• @Daiyuki:

Not in the beta.

oh well poo
    I’m not gonna bother learning it if it’s gonna be fixed soon :C

• After testing it right now, I think it’s actually the inverse of what I said. If you do time it right, hitting shift just before or basically at the same time as dodge you do get the buggy slide instead of a dodge. You’ll know you did it right if your MAA doesn’t make the dodge grunt, but instead soundlessly slides forward. HOWEVER, this actually seems to dodge LESS distance, so in fact it is dodging first and then holding sprint a split second later that was doing it. I haven’t been able to recreate the “rocketing the fuck forward” effect, but if Radiant bothers to read this he can corroborate that it has happened because I was fighting him when it did. I actually started from about a normal dodge-length away from him, but clipped a little through him and ended up like 8 feet behind him.

In short, trying dodging and holding Shift immediately after that, it extends your distance noticeably over a normal dodge forward. I tested by picking a point on the ground at the end of one of the benches on Stoneshill (because my server was in use and on that map) and I dodged a few steps further along, using the bench as a benchmark (haha). I consider a few steps significant, perhaps others don’t =] That’s why I’d like it to stay though, it’s a nice little skill trick you can pull. Hell, there may be a use for the “fake dodge” that goes a shorter distance, simply varying the lengths you can dodge could be useful for fakeouts.

• oh well yeah I’ve done the rocket before too, pretty sure it has to do with terrain though, like dodging off a cliff sends you flying

• We were talking about this awhile back in Vq Hq.

@b3h47pte:

Lol. the long jump has made a return. I could’ve swore I put in a fix for this way back when o.O

• @BB:

oh well yeah I’ve done the rocket before too, pretty sure it has to do with terrain though, like dodging off a cliff sends you flying

Yes, but this was flat terrain. Could have been though, the top of a Moor hill isn’t perfectly flat, maybe I tripped on a pebble while going 495 [unit of speed].

• @Daiyuki:

maybe I tripped on a pebble while going 495 [unit of speed].

pebbles op

• I am one of those man at arms, and It’s a bug that’s going to be addressed in a future patch :P.

• I miss the flying leap dodge :(

• @BB:

just tried it, really not noticing anything besides me running instead of walking when I’m done dodging :/

Coming out in a sprint could be a large advantage if you need to gain a little bit of extra ground to be in range, or intend to sprint to your opponents sides.

• Old citadel you could launch yourself off one of the rocks near Agatha first spawn and launch yourself into Agatha spawn as Mason.

Not any more though. :( I miss rocket dodges, they were only ever really used to escape or bedazzle people.

• @BB:

oh well yeah I’ve done the rocket before too, pretty sure it has to do with terrain though, like dodging off a cliff sends you flying

Yeah thats how it works. Stand in the edge, dodge forward. You jump way further, depending on the height.

• @BB:

I think there are many reasons, the terrain may be one of them, not to mention getting hit as you dodge, It sends you ridiculously far :P. I got stabbed in the back as I dodged forward and ended up on the other side of the map. I thought it was lag, but it only happens after being hit the same time I dodged.

• You guys are getting ‘closer’ to the secrets of it. I don’t want to divulge it publicly… I like it and don’t want it fixed. It’s a ‘lol’ move that is used to troll. Don’t patch it out. Same way you patched out other things… like the hilarious upward air kick.

It can be achieved on flat ground. And it works best with certain loadouts.
    I fear I have already said too much.

It also insights the new kids in the server to scream out HAX HAX HAX