Windup-interruption

• That’s a thing with the game-mechanic, which bugs me pretty much all the time while playing. You hit your opponent (even while windup. It seems quite buggy) and still a second later he gets a free hit, you can’t block. That’s one of the things, destroying the skill-requirement extremely since the stronger weapon tends to win, even if you hit much earlier. The interruption often doesn’t work at all, and even when it does, I think it’s not a good mechanic.

My suggestion is either to enlarge the window where you interrupt the enemy-attack significantly, or remove this mechanic completely, like in M&B for example. But in the current state it simply doesn’t work that well, it just encourages you to LMB-spam with damage-oriented weapons like the warhammer or the zweihander, which is rather annoying.

• you’re probably lagging.

• What a helpful post.

• @HammelGammel:

What a helpful post.

Flinch during windup is just fine.

If it didn’t work you would see dozens of complaints.

• Windup interrupts are working fine.

• Doesn’t change the fact, that I don’t like the mechanic. And that was the initial reason for this post.

• @HammelGammel:

Doesn’t change the fact, that I don’t like the mechanic. And that was the initial reason for this post.

Sound play mount and blade if you just want to hit trade.

• @HammelGammel:

Doesn’t change the fact, that I don’t like the mechanic. And that was the initial reason for this post.

You seem to misunderstand how the mechanic works, and your OP is claiming multiple times that its buggy, not just that you don’t like it. If every attack flinches, first player to hit the other will almost always win. If they remove flinch, people will never stop swinging even when hit, so either suggestion is not good for gameplay.

If you hit someone when they are already out of release, chances are you are going to be hit anyway. To flinch someone you need to hit them before that. If you dont want to hit trade with him you have to hit before he is out of windup or block his attack and get closer, as most people aren’t going to stand around and wait for you to hit them first. Mechanic is working fine.

• @elitenoob:

Sound play mount and blade if you just want to hit trade.

Seriously, rather post nothing instead of this kind of posts.

@Anonymoose:

You seem to misunderstand how the mechanic works, and your OP is claiming multiple times that its buggy, not just that you don’t like it. If every attack flinches, first player to hit the other will almost always win. If they remove flinch, people will never stop swinging even when hit, so either suggestion is not good for gameplay.

If you hit someone when they are already out of release, chances are you are going to be hit anyway. To flinch someone you need to hit them before that. If you dont want to hit trade with him you have to hit before he is out of windup or block his attack and get closer, as most people aren’t going to stand around and wait for you to hit them first. Mechanic is working fine.

I’m sorry if it looked like I complained more about it’s being buggy, than the actual mechanic. The point of this thread was basicaly that I don’t like the mechanic.

I know how it works, that’s not the point. But sometimes (No, it has nothing to do with lags) it just doesn’t work. At least for me it does. That’s what I meant.

That’s it. There is no need for more offtopic posts. Post, if you have to say something about the mechanic (Not “It’s fine”, that’s not really helpful. It’s cool if you think it works, I don’t. That’s the point of the thread). I’m tired of hearing: “you are wrong, it’s fine”, since for me it’s not. It feels weird.

Sorry if I sound a bit unkind, that’s not my intention and more due to my bad english. My apology.

• Are you referring to not being able to interrupt a combo? Currently you cannot interrupt the perceived “windup” of a combo. That is something that will be fixed in a later patch :x

• Next patch fixes being able to combo after being hit in release.

• @HammelGammel:

That’s a thing with the game-mechanic, which bugs me pretty much all the time while playing. You hit your opponent (even while windup. It seems quite buggy) and still a second later he gets a free hit, you can’t block. That’s one of the things, destroying the skill-requirement extremely since the stronger weapon tends to win, even if you hit much earlier. The interruption often doesn’t work at all, and even when it does, I think it’s not a good mechanic.

I agree with this

• @SlyGoat:

Next patch fixes being able to combo after being hit in release.

This is excellent news, thanks SlyGoat. I bet this is what the OP is referring to and he doesn’t even know it.

• Yeah combo flinch glitch is anyoing as fuck when trying to solo 3 people >.<
    It will get fixed next patch though :)

• Possibly that’s it and I just didn’t notice it ^-^

• @SlyGoat:

Next patch fixes being able to combo after being hit in release.

A much-desired fix, thank you.

• @Hitom:

Yeah combo flinch glitch is anyoing as fuck when trying to solo 3 people >.<
    It will get fixed next patch though :)

Its going to be harder for you as well when you can’t combo after being hit in the back trying to 3v1 if you are the one who is alone, but this is good.

I am happy for the change too.

• Not a big fan of this nor the amount of blowback that happens after you get hit allowing the LMB to spam you to death….