What Would You Like?

• Hi!

I’m starting this thread because I’m curious and because I would like to help the developers. I was wondering, besides from bug fixes and balancing issues:

What would you like to see the most added to the game?

I would like to have more variation when I play. I usually play Team Objective and the maps and their objectives start to get old quite quick. I don’t know if more maps are needed but there is something about Chivalry you grow tired of. More meta-game? More classes?

• I would like a simpler duel-mode, similar to the one in M&B. In M&B everyone was on one map. If you point directly on a player, you can ask him for a duel by pressing F. The duel starts when both players did this. It’s much simpler, yeah, but at the same time it’s so much more personal. You ask other players directly, while standing in front of them, not via a GUI. So exactly the same like the old FFA-duels, the only change is, that you wouldn’t do damage until a duel is started. You could perhaps realize it through taunts, that would be even cooler. You wouldn’t even need new maps, the old arena map (Or in general the TD/FFA-maps) is completely allright. I think compared to the new duel-mode, it would be pretty easy to realize. Just call it “Classic-duel” and the new one can stay in the game. The old players, like me, who don’t like the new one would be statisfied, since the FFA-duels aren’t working anymore, nobody respects the rules.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s nice of TBS that they implemented the one, they did, but to be honest, I don’t like it that much, it just feels a bit weird to me.

Also what I’m really waiting for are larger FFA and TD-maps. New TO-maps would be cool as well, but in my opionion TD/FFA maps are more needed at the moment.

Suggestions-TD(/FFA exclusive):

• What about a map with two hills with a little tower and a catapult where the spawns would be located and a huge battlefield in the middle between them? A few trees, ballistas and trenches and the rest open field would be enough, for simple skirmish. That’s a thing the game lacks at the moment, simple skirmish-maps. The only problem would be the borders of the map. I have no real idea on how to realize that. Maybe just with mountains, like you did it on other maps.

• A beach, with a slope to the opposite side of the water with an entrance to a cave, near both of the spawns in it. After a little passage, there’s an arsenal, the only place where you can get ammunition from. On one side of the cave there could be an elevator up to some kind of framework (Sorry for my bad english) which leads you to a little balcony above the beach. This would be a prefered spot for archers, but since there is no cover, you can easily get hit from other archers. So while the majority of the players would fight directly on the beach, the rest would struggle for the cave, the archer-spots and the chance to flank the enemy via the cave-entrance.

Just a few ideas I had, maybe it helps somewhat ^-^

• It would be nice to see a ping cap. Like a 150 Max why even bother sorting my servers by ping when no else does.

• A SCYTHE!

• Cakes to throw in your enemy’s faces…! That would be indeed an interesting gamemode :D

• My policy is to stop reading a post the second it mentions mount and blade, so i’m not entirely sure what the first two said.

I’d like them to remove the ability to speed up swings with looking down, or at least find some way of limiting it. Its a dumb mechanic. I abuse zwei overhead, 1 shotting man @ arms all day. Initiate attack and BOOP, its like instant.

• Just because I like the way, how M&B realized the duel-mode? I think that’s unreasonable. I agree that they are different games, and I also agree that you can’t compare the combat-systems. But what’s wrong with the duel-mode? ^-^

You don’t like M&B, do you?

• There’s a thing I forgot to mention: If you swing your mouse gets a lot slower, which i think is a pretty good idea. However, you can easily bypass this machanic by raising the speed of the mouse ingame. I would like if you could change that, so everyone has the same downside. I’m tired of players, turning instant 180 degrees. while swinging. That would also make attack-acceleration a little bit more fair.

• Overhead-acceleration should be completely removed.

• Now back to the old feint-thing. I think feints should be defensive only, means:

After feinting, you can’t attack like the next 2 seconds. You can block directly, so a missaimed swing can be tweaked easily, but you can’t exploit it. Even with the fixes of the beta-patch I think they are still too strong. The biggest problem is, that they are extremely effective, but need no skill at all. Making them defensive only would make them more of a tactical support than an overpowered weapon.

That’s what I think how feints should work.

• A solution to this.

• @JCash:

I’d like them to remove the ability to speed up swings with looking down, or at least find some way of limiting it. Its a dumb mechanic. I abuse zwei overhead, 1 shotting man @ arms all day. Initiate attack and BOOP, its like instant.

I think this classifies as a abuse. Needs to be fixed ASAP! And yeah, stop abusing the game? You’re ruining it for everyone else. Play fair or be square!

@HammelGammel:

I would like a simpler duel-mode, similar to the one in M&B. In M&B everyone was on one map. If you point directly on a player, you can ask him for a duel by pressing F. The duel starts when both players did this. It’s much simpler, yeah, but at the same time it’s so much more personal. You ask other players directly, while standing in front of them, not via a GUI.

I personally like the Chivalry method of handling duels more. It’s simpler because it’s easier for the player, you just wait and get your opponent served to you. And it’s more like an official tournament than a bunch of people outside Stormwind doing random duels.

• When I said “simpler”, I meant that it’s simpler to implement. And I personally like those “random-duels” much more.

• What I would like is more customization. DIfferent armors, helmets etc. Imagine you could import your own armor, the other people can see or something. Or maybe a little ingame-painter where you can customize a bit with a coat of arms… I know it’s planned (Maybe not like this), but I can’t wait for it :)

• Once the mod tools come out I would like to see balanced maps that incorporate much more strategy than simply kill the other team to complete an objective.

That would make the clan wars more interesting than just win goes to the clan with the best reactions and legal exploit ability.

Some innovation is needed to achieve that.

• A duel style tournament mode. Or a team duel mode where people, either in preformed teams, or randomized teams, take turns dueling each other. Whoever wins fights the next player on the opposite team, until he himself is defeated (if ever). That’d be cool as it’s a spectacle as well as dueling.

• Perfectly working combat system. No ghost swings, no falchions etc. that hit you in your face even though you timed and turned your parry correctly.

Attacks moving at a somewhat realistic speed. So no faster-than-light lookdowns and no delayed 1 km/h attacks that make your head explode.