MAA dodge issues

• Hi!

I use the one-button dodge, meaning that you press a “dodge” button + hold down the direction you want to dodge in (opposed to double tapping a movement key). However, the one-button dodge only works occasionally. Sometimes the MAA dodges just fine, sometimes the MAA dodges but backwards instead of the direction you chose, and worst of all sometimes it doesn’t dodge at all. You can understand the frustration this brings.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

• Nop, you’re just bad, i use this button too, and i have absolutely no problems with it, the dodge is just fine and go in the good direction, you probably hit the wrong button and thats all, and yh, you should put the double click time at this minimum.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

you probably hit the wrong button and thats all, and yh, you should put the double click time at this minimum.

The button I use to dodge is space. And I tested this out in an empty server. (and yh, I have double click time at the minumum!).

• @bagetti:

@Sirbarthelemy:

you probably hit the wrong button and thats all, and yh, you should put the double click time at this minimum.

The button I use to dodge is space. And I tested this out in an empty server. (and yh, I have double click time at the minumum!).

Never had a problem, maybe you need to push the direction before the spacebar to make it consistent - not at the same time.

• Check your ping. If you have 100 ping for instance, and you are trying to dodge with twitch reactions; the server doesn’t pick up your directional input until 0.1 seconds have passed.

So if you’re trying to dodge left and you press left + OBD near the same time, you’re going to dodge backwards, or whatever your last movement input was (OBD automatically dodges backwards if no movement input is detected).

This is one of the reasons MaA’s skill is so heavily dependent on good ping.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Check your ping. If you have 100 ping for instance, and you are trying to dodge with twitch reactions; the server doesn’t pick up your directional input until 0.1 seconds have passed.

So if you’re trying to dodge left and you press left + OBD near the same time, you’re going to dodge backwards, or whatever your last movement input was (OBD automatically dodges backwards if no movement input is detected).

Hm, that’s actually a good point. I make an effort to only join servers with less than 80-90 ping but yeah.

• I’d bet you should rather check your keyboard. Is it ancient?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Check your ping. If you have 100 ping for instance, and you are trying to dodge with twitch reactions; the server doesn’t pick up your directional input until 0.1 seconds have passed.

I always wondered why I kept dodging backwards in dire situations. So annoying.

• I think it is related to lag. Not ping, mind; the game just tends to lag a lot more than your ping can account for (and I run a rather beefy crossfire setup). Even with a 35 ping if I strafe one direction, them reverse+dash, I will sometimes just dash in the direction I was originally strafing in.

• Yeah it dodges backwards when you press it with no direction.

I hate hate hate this and have always grumped about it since the one button dodge was put in.

If I wanted to dodge backwards, I’d press dodge + back!

The dodge button should be a modifier style key, not a button that activates something on it’s own. Really makes me apprehensive about using it.

• @BobT36:

Yeah it dodges backwards when you press it with no direction.

I hate hate hate this and have always grumped about it since the one button dodge was put in.

I like this. It makes it easier to “panic dodge” when you’re in trouble. And backwards is usually the safest dodge.

• As it’s a skill called dodge attacking shouldn’t be allowed at all during dodge and it should trigger a recovery period.
    Or rename it “Rush” and restrict it to forwards only and keep attacking the same.

• Or how about like, not being able to dodge when you’re “stunned”.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.