Easily configure your gamepad button bindings

• Many have asked for better controller support and here it is!

Gamepad button binding configuration has been added to the Alternate Server Browser. Check it out! viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

[attachment=0:36p5tw5q]gamepad.png[/attachment:36p5tw5q]

It also corrects the default B button bind that has reload and then feint which makes you always feint out of the reload (meaning you cannot reload your crossbow at all without fixing this). Clicking on the B button bind button will automatically detect this and change the order to feint and then reload.

• ReMixx saves the day once again!

• @Kimiko:

ReMixx saves the day once again!

For all 2 people who use a controller with this game. ;)

• Nice program Remixx!

Do you use anything for UI design in Java? My tutor had us doing it purely through code and it made me pull my hair out lol. Such an arse around.

• @BobT36:

Nice program Remixx!

Do you use anything for UI design in Java? My tutor had us doing it purely through code and it made me pull my hair out lol. Such an arse around.

Lol thanks! I use Google’s WindowBuilder for Eclipse. It wouldn’t happen otherwise. Well… I could have built a webpage with Java embedded into it to use HTML as the renderer and Java for the heavy lifting. I originally was doing that but I had a hard time getting the two to play nice together. It wasn’t until after I built the first Java version that I found more examples that did what I needed for the HTML version to work. Oh well!

• Ahh nice. I think I tried some kinda GUI builder for Eclipse yonks ago but, didn’t work very well. I’m used to Visual Studio’s simple drag / drop, and where stuff actually goes where you bloody want it to, then tweaking it through code from there lol.

Bleh at browser based stuff. Being constrained by browsers makes me rage, so I stay away from it altogether and leave that to the web-devs. It’s like I’M the f***ing programmer, I make the damn rules, not have some silly other program telling me what to do!
    (Yes I have a god-complex when coding. :X)

Either ways though that version looks good, and is tied together with the other functionality well too. + Points!

• Internet points! 8-)

• Is there anything else planned for your magical program?

• @lemonater47:

Is there anything else planned for your magical program?

Yup, in the next release, I rebuilt the Unreal Engine 4 from scratch and you will be able to play Chivalry in a new tab without ghost swings or bugged alternate attacks… AND a working server browser.

:steveface:

Actually I’m all out of ideas. I found a few bugs in the latest version which I just fixed. I’m adding some javadoc before I upload the newest version and then that’s it. One thing that I kinda put in as a prototype in two releases ago is the ability to change some video settings. I was thinking this could turn into a possible solution for people who hate having their settings reset after every patch. I don’t think that I will continue with that though - I clobber my own application database everytime I release a new version too :P

If you have any feature requests please let me know, otherwise it’s on to the next project. I was really hoping that the mod tools would be out by now, but they’re not. So next non-mod-tool project.

Edit:
    One thing that I could implement is a function to query full servers until they are no longer full and then attempt to join them - almost as good as a join queue.

• The server join queue would be useful. Wish that was in the game already, irritating having to click join, click ok, click join, click ok, etc when a server is full.

Also the ability to change some settings that aren’t changeable through the game UI would be great, a lot of people probably don’t know about changing MaxSmoothedFPS (for 120hz monitors), the Console keys (SO irritating having the console open on ’ if you’re not American), and the queue timer. Anything like that would be cool. I know where all those are in the configs, but most people probs wouldn’t.

No point adding any settings that ARE in the game UI, since may as well just do it there if so.

• @ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

I did once, had no chance to compete against a noob with a mouse. Its very hard, gotta get used to it. xD

• @BobT36:

The server join queue would be useful. Wish that was in the game already, irritating having to click join, click ok, click join, click ok, etc when a server is full.

Also the ability to change some settings that aren’t changeable through the game UI would be great, a lot of people probably don’t know about changing MaxSmoothedFPS (for 120hz monitors), the Console keys (SO irritating having the console open on ’ if you’re not American), and the queue timer. Anything like that would be cool. I know where all those are in the configs, but most people probs wouldn’t.

No point adding any settings that ARE in the game UI, since may as well just do it there if so.

I had that MaxSmoothedFPS and queue timer in the back of my head while doing that. I just couldn’t remember what they were lol. So I proof of concepted(new word!) with stuff that already existed. Plus stuff that already existed could have fed into a system that saved the settings between patches where for some people they lose all of their settings after every patch. I don’t know if I’ll follow through with any of that though.

However, the queue thing could be useful. The only downside is the added time it takes to launch the game. Someone else could join before your game launches and you try to connect, so you’d have to exit the game again and reenable the join queue. :x

@wildwulfy:

@ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

I did once, had no chance to compete against a noob with a mouse. Its very hard, gotta get used to it. xD

Haha I’ve tried it too. It wasn’t that bad actually except impossible for archer :D