FFA servers = Duel servers [?]

• I usually play in FFA servers, however, something is annoying me. All FFA servers I find aren’t FFA in all, but are “Duel” servers. Their poor excuse of “old school” is dumb. They can change to Duel mode, this makes everything easier. If I enter a FFA server, I want to be free to kill everybody.

• Just read the server name before you join. People dueling on FFA servers have all the right to do so, free-killing them will get you ganked or kicked in no time. There are plenty of FFA servers that are not labeled “duel”, feel free to join them and free kill.

• I prefer oldschool duel method personally. You’re not dealing with a crummy interface, you’re just in the normal game, can walk around, stand on the sidelines and watch people fight, taunt, jeer. Challenges are easier, just walk up to the person and taunt, can pick and choose easily who you want to fight, get to see the enemy class before fighting. You are not subjected to random archer duels. Its just overall way more chill, there is no race to reach 10 and ‘win’. The maps are normal FFA maps, not crummy confined duel ones. You’re just chilling, watching, dueling a bit, talking. Perhaps alt tabbed for a second to check facebook.

And then some annoying low rank scrub joins the duel server and starts fucking up everyone’s good time because he can’t read the server description.

Just don’t join FFA servers labeled duel, there are plenty of straight FFA.

as an aside, people that rank restrict their FFA duel servers to like, 20+ generally have a lot less trouble with terrible terrible things like that.

• @oldmarcussales:

I usually play in FFA servers, however, something is annoying me. All FFA servers I find aren’t FFA in all, but are “Duel” servers. Their poor excuse of “old school” is dumb. They can change to Duel mode, this makes everything easier. If I enter a FFA server, I want to be free to kill everybody.

No, it’s not the same. It’s much less free, I like the maps more, It’s more personal etc. I personally like classic(/old)-duels much much more, the new ones seem boring to me. Unforntunately nobody respects the rules anymore on the old ones :3

So no, it’s not a “poor excuse” and I would appreciate, if you could stop claiming it is. Maybe you don’t like it, but that doesn’t mean everybody does :)

@JCash Exactly! Unfortuantely I have problems, finding a decent classic-duelserver. It’s getting worse every day, either they are all empty, or the people are FFA-ing. That’s such a shame.

• So let’s give a suggestion to the developers to make the Duel mode just like the FFA mode, but if you kill someone without challenging, then you’re kicked. This makes things 10 thousand times easier. FFA mode = Free to kill everybody, not free to kill who I choose to be killed. :|

• agree I hope for this since contentpatch :(

It would be so simple to implement, compared to the existing duelmode. Just let’s say you have to point on another player and taunt to ask for a duel. Both players have to do so, than they are able to do damage. Maybe a way to fight multiple opponents at once. But that’s it, and it would be awsome!

• |?i??| runs a full time FFA duel server that rotates FFA maps allowing for interesting 1v1 duels using varied terrains. located here: 173.208.82.211:7777 I may even consider adding a rank limit too it but I also enjoy training the noobs once they get the idea of what we are doing and why.

Sadly we cannot always be in the server to admin it once it gets out of control and turns into FAA. But we do our best to go in and fix the situation even if I end up kicking everyone. Feel free to add it to your favorites and friend up a few |?i??| members if you need an admin.

But overall I have to agree with Jcash in the reasons for wanting and enjoying a FFA-Duel server. I also enjoy the more chivalrous aspect to these servers in that there is a polite respect and chivalry attitude in a salute and bow before a duel. . The really nice thing about FFA-Duel servers is that you can just sit back and chill, make friends, sometimes fuck around if everyone is cool, change it up and practice 2v1, etc. Point being is that it is on the fly flexible.

In addition, the duel mode maps just suck. You cannot tell if someone has a super high ping. The maps are too small with too much crap in the way. The menus suck, waiting sucks, observing sucks and you cannot really fuck with someone just for fun like you can in FFA-Duel.