Spear type weapon buff(Spear stab/thrust combo)

• Yes, allow spear to combo is hardly a buff.

I play Vanguard spearman all the time(using standard spear), it is very good as support weapon yes. But the thrust and stab is way too predictable that people can parry them most the time when they see it coming. With combo allowed, I could fake my first stab/thrust by making them miss and then do the follow up second attack fluidly when you opponent think your guard is down.

Having to wait to start another attack aren’t that enjoyable. (As I played with spear personalily in life)

• @EricFong:

Yes, allow spear to combo is hardly a buff.

I play Vanguard spearman all the time(using standard spear), it is very good as support weapon yes. But the thrust and stab is way too predictable that people can parry them most the time when they see it coming. With combo allowed, I could fake my first stab/thrust by making them miss and then do the follow up second attack fluidly when you opponent think your guard is down.

you tell me it’s not a buff, then you go on to describe how it will make it easier for you to attack successfully. in what way is that NOT a buff?
    i always play vanguard and always take the bog standard spear.
    spears are not for dueling. they are, as you said yourself, SUPPORT weapons. 1v1 i get killed lots. when i play as part of a team i get loads of kills (finishing top fairly often) and don’t die very much. sure the spear is easy to parry, the trick is to stab opponents when they are parrying someone else, or attack from a flank. works everytime.
    played properly i think the spear is an absolutely devastating weapon. if you think the spear is not already powerful enough you’re not playing it right imo.
    it’s not broken so please don’t fix it.

• Spear is definitely in a perfect place… ALMOST

the other issue is that Halberd might as well be a spear that can combo; slightly slower, but more damage.

There’s definitely an issue comparing the two.

• in spear vs. halberd, the main thing that helps the spear is that VERY small added range… but it’s honestly too small for the inability to combo. Id say reduce the halberd range just EVER SO SLIGHTLY lower. Then the matchup would be pretty even… range is very important in polearm vs. polearm

• @veganman:

It is merely making it more fluid in combat

• @EricFong:

@veganman:

It is merely making it more fluid in combat

have you read the title at the top of this thread that you started? here it is.

Spear type weapon buff(Spear stab/thrust combo)

pretty sure i can see the word BUFF in there somewhere.LOL
    not really sure about this “fluidity” thing either. can’t combo - but i don’t have too much of a problem rolling my mouse wheel back and forwards to sort of combo when i need to. i just accept no combo as one of the limitations of the weapon. no weapon is perfect. should stop trying to make them all the same.
    if the spear must have a buff, PLEASE make it a rocket launcher spear. i’d really like one of those.

• i vote no. Spears are highly damaging and have insane range. Make combos available and it will be OP as crap

• @vinch:

i vote no. Spears are highly damaging and have insane range. Make combos available and it will be OP as crap

So, how do we fix the halberd then? It’s basically a spear that can combo.

• @NoVaLombardia:

didn’t know it was broken, don’t have a problem with it myself.

seriously though, if the spear does indeed get a buff- i’ll be invincible, INVINCIBLE!!!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    don’t say you weren’t warned.

• @veganman:

@NoVaLombardia:

seriously though, if the spear does indeed get a buff- i’ll be invincible, INVINCIBLE!!!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    don’t say you weren’t warned.

i believe the spear IS getting a buff after all…… Are you sure you REALLY want to do this???
    You have been warned.

• From the way the beta is looking, spears don’t really need combos. The only reason they may have needed to combo was because of combo feint parry, which is pretty much vital right now to face a good MAA. But this will be changed on the beta. No more combo feint parry = no more disadvantage for the spear.

• Spears most likely won’t be getting combos by the way. As cool as it would be.

• @BB:

Spears most likely won’t be getting combos by the way. As cool as it would be.

The give them a shield, but sure all that animation work, probably not happen.