Parrying when out of stamina

• Shouldn’t be 30 stamina as to allow MAA dodge or several blocks, should be 10/15/20 so they can block/force neutral and have the possibility to gain stamina back rather than just having a free ticket to force neutral and just gain stamina back that way. Too much of a comeback mechanic/reward for someone who wasted his stamina enough to run out without taking time to regain it inbetween fights/strikes.

Especially for MAA, they should be forced to parry or die if they run out of stamina. If a team setting if people run out of stamina their teammates can help when they are stunned or just avoid it altogether.

• it’s not very fun if running out of stamina is a death sentence, we’ve played that already, it was terrible

any less stamina given and you block the next incoming attack, oh look you’re out of stamina again and there’s that stun

• You don’t lose 15 stamina when you block an attack, you also don’t get stunned if you have a sliver of stamina left. You have to parry when you have zero stamina to get stunned, it doesn’t happen when you just take another parry. You have 5 parries including the last parry to stun with 30 stamina, you also regen stamina if you’re not quick enough with the attack. MAA can also take a hit and dodge, if you go into a combo he can block it and dodge, and get another 2 blocks including the stun block.

You also have enough stamina to feint after which pretty much ensures a comeback factor (assuming you haven’t died yet) and after that feint you still have enough stamina to block at least twice (including the stun time)

The only weapon that stunlocks is the maul overhead and next patch assuming you live in magical Christmas land you’ll be able to hit them, combofeint, and kick (possible trade) for the kill.

• I get it, you want running out of stamina to be more of a punishment
    not everyone wants that though

I sure don’t

• I agree that it should not be 30 stamina. I’ve gotten into a habit of saying thank you ingame with messages everytime it happens, as most people dont have time to hit you again unless they have a 1 handed weapon already and its like the gift of free stamina. (shields are a bit easier to hit after stunning, but I am talking parry since I don’t play shield) I parry them and they cannot attack back right away due to the cooldown, and even if they notice most of the time the only way to land a hit is to feint it, but I expect this a lot as well and usually hit them as they are coming back in, or can fent to parry it again. I also now have 30 stam if I land the hit to swing again or feint them back, as well as feint to parry some more, making for easy comebacks when he had me on the ropes.

Reducing it to at least 20 would be a much better balance, because the stun is barely long enough to really take advantage of with most 2 handers without burning your own stam, and initiative can be given right back to the guy who burnt all his stam by blocking 1 attack.

• @Anonymoose:

Reducing it to at least 20 would be a much better balance, because the stun is barely long enough to really take advantage of with most 2 handers

you want less stamina given back… because two handers don’t get a free hit?

• @BB:

@Anonymoose:

Reducing it to at least 20 would be a much better balance, because the stun is barely long enough to really take advantage of with most 2 handers

you want less stamina given back… because two handers don’t get a free hit?

Its not just because of that. Its because not only can they not get a hit in(if you aren’t ready for him to stam out even maa have a hard time getting in there for a hit with or without dodge) its more that they don’t get a hit AND I now have 30 stamina plus what I will regen back instead of being on the ropes and about to lose. If you are out of stamina you can not combo or feint, so an enemy coming at you is scary, then all of a sudden you block 1 attack and are back ready to fight? It just seems backwards. There are a lot of times I know I’m out of stam and instead of backing off trying to rest, I can just block a stamina draining attack for more stamina in return.

• Wait…

If you are not ready for the free-hit… the defender should be punished for your lack of awareness? There are audio cues to let you know the opponent is out of stamina.

If you do not read those signs. And then not punish when he is open…
    I don’t think we should then punish the defender with less stamina.
    Every weapon has the time available to punish the stamina break. They have the audio cues to warn them beforehand too. And you should generally be aware of your opponents health and stamina reserves.

And the argument about ‘no comeback’ mechanic? I’ll argue that comeback mechanics are good things (as long as they are not too generous. Which I don’t think this is… currently).

I’m not set on anything. Just want to make sure we are fair… for both offense AND defense.

• @Anonymoose:

There are a lot of times I know I’m out of stam and instead of backing off trying to rest, I can just block a stamina draining attack for more stamina in return.

wow that’s some risky shit
    how many times do you do that with anyone over rank 30 and knows how to take advantage of the special stun?

• @BB:

@Anonymoose:

There are a lot of times I know I’m out of stam and instead of backing off trying to rest, I can just block a stamina draining attack for more stamina in return.

wow that’s some risky shit
    how many times do you do that with anyone over rank 30 and knows how to take advantage of the special stun?

Its quite easy if you jump your last bits of stam away and parry his attack when it is in release while you are in the air(most 2 handers cant get a hit in, and this is when you use it, not in his windup either or i might get feinted, sometimes jump bugs out and you just float too, so not always good but jump is often not needed for anything more than draining that last bit of stam) you will deflect backwards enough that he can’t flank you and he will have the .8 cooldown or whatever it is after being parried before he can swing again so he probably wont make it back in, and instead of having 5 stamina at facehug range I now have 30 stamina at a usually safer distance.

A lot of times depending on the weapon and knowing how much stamina he has, he wont be able to hit me in time and cannot feint so I gain more stamina and am safer by just blocking an attack if he is close than just trying to get away or risking attacking with no stamina. I usually play slower weapons myself, and do not want to be caught swinging without being able to feint to parry if I have the choice or if trading is not a good option, so there are times when this is easy to use to your benefit.

It’s up to the devs anyway just putting up my thoughts. I’ll use it as long as its around :P

• What would be cool is if MAA could go negative with stamina. As in use dodge past zero to say -20 or -30, But then if they do they get ‘winded’ and have some kind of penalty. That’d increase the skill ceiling because then the MAA would have to think about his dodge as much as his opponents, plus it’d be interesting.

• @Anonymoose:

Its quite easy if you jump your last bits of stam away and parry his attack when it is in release while you are in the air(most 2 handers cant get a hit in, and this is when you use it, not in his windup either or i might get feinted, sometimes jump bugs out and you just float too, so not always good but jump is often not needed for anything more than draining that last bit of stam) you will deflect backwards enough that he can’t flank you and he will have the .8 cooldown or whatever it is after being parried before he can swing again so he probably wont make it back in, and instead of having 5 stamina at facehug range I now have 30 stamina at a usually safer distance.

A lot of times depending on the weapon and knowing how much stamina he has, he wont be able to hit me in time and cannot feint so I gain more stamina and am safer by just blocking an attack if he is close than just trying to get away or risking attacking with no stamina. I usually play slower weapons myself, and do not want to be caught swinging without being able to feint to parry if I have the choice or if trading is not a good option, so there are times when this is easy to use to your benefit.

It’s up to the devs anyway just putting up my thoughts. I’ll use it as long as its around :P

haha fuckin moose
    I should not have doubted you

I’m okay with you doing that
    that’s some excellent stamina management right there