Idea for a mage class??

• I know this isnt the kind of game to implement a caster class since I like the realism in Chivalry. But maybe,added as a DLC where those owning the DLC cant join the same servers as the ones w/o.

So heres my Idea:

A mage class with Elements as their primary weapons
    Fire
    Lightning
    Ice

Spells for a mage would work like in Dark Souls,where you only have a few charges before running out. Something like 3 -5 depending on the element you pick (like Javs for archers)
    Spell would be powerful,but at the same time very limited so spamming/wasting them would be at the caster disadvantage.

Mages would also get to pick between different choice of weapons for their secondary weap:
    Daggers
    Staves
    1hsword/buckler

They have to make them as weak as archers (die in 1 or 2 hits) while allowing them to use ranged spells BUT the range would also be really short before the spell vanishes in thin air.
    (I know this isnt much in details,but i just wanted to post a quick idea and english is also not my main language so I cant elaborate much).

• Moved to Suggestions.

• My bad,but thank you.

• No thanks. Leave that to the modding community.

• If you changed the idea to a medieval Alchemist class, who specializes in crazy concoctions, then maybe.
    Think of stuff that actually exists: like tar bombs - slowing down enemies stepping in the puddle - extra oil pots, and a simple boinking staff or a dagger or something.

• @buddhatron:

If you changed the idea to a medieval Alchemist class, who specializes in crazy concoctions, then maybe.
    Think of stuff that actually exists: like tar bombs - slowing down enemies stepping in the puddle - extra oil pots, and a simple boinking staff or a dagger or something.

I think this is more fitting than a mage class. I just don’t think Chivalry is a good game to add magic, I’m sorry.

• There already is a magic user in Citadel

[image:11i1gby3]http://i47.tinypic.com/x5bd4h.jpg[/image:11i1gby3]

• Putting a mage in chivalry is like putting batman in chivalry.

• @Hitom:

No thanks. Leave that to the modding community.

Exactly

• What the game needs is- ZAZZ.

ecns_W9q_s0

• "Is there magic or monsters in the game?

No, the lands of Agatha is fictional, but a realistic world. We believe that the magic and fantasy theme is overdone and feeling the excitement and rush of a medieval battlefield is best expressed by stabbing, gutting, impaling and decapitating people."

Taken from the F.A.Q. :p

So yeah in theory a good idea, but I think this is something the Mod Community has to do.
    I hate ranged weaponry in this game quite alot now and having f*cking fireprojectiles flying in my face doesn’t make the whole combat more balanced neither does it make fun to be light up every time or frozen n shit.
    Fit quite well in the MP of Dark Messiah but personally I don’t want to see mages ruining my kills. :p :D

Make a mod. ;)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.