Superdodge with maa (not explained how it is done)

• WinmAXK9UFI

• e9vrfEoc8_g

• Moved to Bug Reports.

• lol thats tier 1 superdodge heres the tracer left from tier 3
    [image:37so7qpc]http://i.imgur.com/D7AVVyS.jpg[/image:37so7qpc]

• Whoa now Remixx, let’s not be too hasty. Surely this HAS to be intended!? :P

• @dotamachine:

lol thats tier 1 superdodge heres the tracer left from tier 3
    [image:1ls3c782]http://i.imgur.com/D7AVVyS.jpg[/image:1ls3c782]

wut

• @Gauntlet:

@dotamachine:

[image:3gzlq8s6]http://i.imgur.com/D7AVVyS.jpg[/image:3gzlq8s6]

wut

speedhacker caught !

• @gregcau:

@Gauntlet:

@dotamachine:

[image:ow2reot1]http://i.imgur.com/D7AVVyS.jpg[/image:ow2reot1]

wut

speedhacker caught !

Sometimes the super dodge can be insanely long, it depends of the ground i think.

• Looks like he is just hopping forward at the end of dodge with his swing, this has always been around. Terrain can easily give you longer dashes, but sprinting into a dash attack will always send you farther due to the momentum+hop forward with swing.

• @Anonymoose:

Looks like he is just hopping forward at the end of dodge with his swing, this has always been around. Terrain can easily give you longer dashes, but sprinting into a dash attack will always send you farther due to the momentum+hop forward with swing.

As well as giving you ice skates and magical contortion abilities for your next dodge!

• I have an explanation for the real forward long dodge.

First off, i did testing. People mistake the long dodge for going ‘double distance’.
    This is NOT true. The extra distance gained is about 1 player model’s worth.

The input for the forward long dodge is as follows:

Windup Attack -> Dodge Forward -> Sprint

in that order, only fast, and actually depends on the timing of the thrust of the attack.

I would argue this is NOT a bug as well, just a clever use of game mechanics. You know how if you swing an attack while moving backwards or sideways, you automatically move forward a bit? That is what is causing the extra distance of roughly 1 player model.

Try it yourself.

Do both of the following inputs.

windup attack -> dodge forward -> sprint
    vs.
    dodge forward -> windup -> sprint

You’ll find the difference in the distance to be less than you think.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I have an explanation for the real forward long dodge.

First off, i did testing. People mistake the long dodge for going ‘double distance’.
    This is NOT true. The extra distance gained is about 1 player model’s worth.

The input for the forward long dodge is as follows:

Windup Attack -> Dodge Forward -> Sprint

in that order, only fast, and actually depends on the timing of the thrust of the attack.

I would argue this is NOT a bug as well, just a clever use of game mechanics. You know how if you swing an attack while moving backwards or sideways, you automatically move forward a bit? That is what is causing the extra distance of roughly 1 player model.

Try it yourself.

Do both of the following inputs.

windup attack -> dodge forward -> sprint
    vs.
    dodge forward -> windup -> sprint

You’ll find the difference in the distance to be less than you think.

Tell to everyone how to do it, you should even making a guide on steam : “using exploits to get better dodges”… In the video it’s already 2 times the distance and sometimes it’s even more (it depends on the ground). The little acceleration at the end of the wind up coupled with the dodge make a bug which allows you to fly long distance (as the quaterstaff’s dodge but longer). This thing is totally broken, the extra distance is huge and makes maa totally overpowered in teamplay. When i realized how it worked i just stopped to use sprint during dodges. How can you even defend that, it’s ridiculous : the animation is broken, it gives you an advantage without costs, it makes that you can dodge after an attack so you can easly pass through the parry of your oponent (he thinks you are out of range so when you begin your attack he doesn’t care and in less than one second you dodge on him and instant attack).

Dude if you cannot fight well without exploits don’t try to defend them, just stop to play.

• @Dervan:

In the video it’s already 2 times the distance and sometimes it’s even more (it depends on the ground). The little acceleration at the end of the wind up coupled with the dodge make a bug which allows you to fly long distance (as the quaterstaff’s dodge but longer). This thing is totally broken, the extra distance is huge and makes maa totally overpowered in teamplay.

Yeah but practically its not very effective.

1. Its not consistent, does not work every time .
    2. Being twice the distance from someone since when are they standing still that you could land just in front of them for a stab.

Its cute, but not really a big deal compared to other exploits.

• @gregcau:

@Dervan:

In the video it’s already 2 times the distance and sometimes it’s even more (it depends on the ground). The little acceleration at the end of the wind up coupled with the dodge make a bug which allows you to fly long distance (as the quaterstaff’s dodge but longer). This thing is totally broken, the extra distance is huge and makes maa totally overpowered in teamplay.

1. Its not consistent, does not work every time .

It is, i can do it for every attack and with every weapon. Before knowing how it worked i was thinking “it’s just random and pretty hard to use because you never know when it will work”. Since i know how it works i can do it absolutly everytime. If it’s acceptable for everyone i have no problem, i will abuse it and make vanguards and knights in the oposite team totally useless against me.

• Clearly dervan has great depth perception. 1 extra player model != double distance.

Get over it, people are already starting to learn how to block it, including myself. Know why? Because its only distance, not speed. People who rely on precise spacing just took a little time to catch up with this because they were unfamiliar with the distance needed.

I suppose you need a visual comparison as aid to how much the extra distance REALLY is.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Clearly dervan has great depth perception. 1 extra player model != double distance.

Get over it, people are already starting to learn how to block it, including myself. Know why? Because its only distance, not speed. People who rely on precise spacing just took a little time to catch up with this because they were unfamiliar with the distance needed.

I suppose you need a visual comparison as aid to how much the extra distance REALLY is.

If devs limited the distance of dodges i think it’s for reasons. Then if they blocked the possibility to begin an attack and dodge after, there are reasons too (so it’s not only the distance). In the video (where there is a visual comparaison genius) it’s already more than one extra player model and when i’m using it i feel a huge difference (same for my oponents).
    It’s fun how people try to pass an obvious exploit as a smart trick.
    I suppose you need this kind of retarded exploit to feel good and outplay some rank 30 players :?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Clearly dervan has great depth perception. 1 extra player model != double distance.

its far,far more then a player model , sometimes even far more then the distance in the video, clearly never fought anyone using this

please, stop trying to convince people over something you dont know shit about.

• I recently discovered this a few days ago, so clearly i’ve been exploiting this bug the whole time right?

Furthermore, the video in this thread is not the correct reference that should be used, as it does not demonstrate what is going on properly, nor does it demonstrate the actual distances.

For your viewing pleasure (video will be up eventually, just waiting on mr fraps to un-afk), some screenshot comparisons will do for now.

The following is in a comparison between these inputs:

[dodge]->[sprint]->[attack]
    vs.
    [attack]->[dodge]->[sprint]

The extra distance covered in the picture is slightly lower than 25% further than normal.
    Keep in mind different weapons have different timings, and a perfect execution will net you a 25% distance gain. Most people who use this usually get around a 15% increase, depending on the weapon they are good with.

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

• @NoVaLombardia:

I recently discovered this a few days ago, so clearly i’ve been exploiting this bug the whole time right?

Furthermore, the video in this thread is not the correct reference that should be used, as it does not demonstrate what is going on properly, nor does it demonstrate the actual distances.

For what? And your pictures are pretty funny to seen, they show nothing, i can make the same and show 20 times the distance if i want to. Anyway there is no way to argue. It’s an exploit simply because you can bypass a basic dodge mecanic : dodging during the windup of your weapon. Try to do it without the bug and you will see that is impossible.

This input is a pure exploit : it gives you an advantage without costs and it bypasses basic dodge mechanic.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I recently discovered this a few days ago, so clearly i’ve been exploiting this bug the whole time right?

For your viewing pleasure (video will be up eventually, just waiting on mr fraps to un-afk), some screenshot comparisons will do for now.

The following is in a comparison between these inputs:

[dodge]->[sprint]->[attack]
    vs.
    [attack]->[dodge]->[sprint]

The extra distance covered in the picture is slightly lower than 25% further than normal.
    Keep in mind different weapons have different timings, and a perfect execution will net you a 25% distance gain. Most people who use this usually get around a 15% increase, depending on the weapon they are good with.

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

[image:sfv7rjl5]http://gifs.gifbin.com/102009/1255605321_shocked.gif[/image:sfv7rjl5]

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.