Its a shame

• The player base is about 50% of what it was 2 months ago according to the steam stats.

TBS made some very poor decisions. They should not have got rid of the developers to take a long period moving to a non-virtual location, taken long christmas breaks, spent weeks at useless trade shows.

Now all the patches of been heavily delayed and the people on the servers are the hard core exploiters who decimate any new people.

It is not the same as it was when it came out, everything was equal, the bugs were still there but exploits were not common knowledge as they are now.

You cant block an Alt-Attack, its a known issue that has been around since January - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLOCK.

All you do is bind your W key to Alt and presto every attack is unblockable. Clans have been using this for a long time - why do you think clan people destroy the pub servers?

Official servers are nearly dead. There are 24 people playing in America right now on official TO servers - maybe it is because the TO maps have not had any additional ones created.

So much opportunity lost. Barely seen a dev on the forum for weeks now, and this Beta patch - who knows when it will actually come out. Not this month I am sure.

• You are wrong. Game is sooo alive and its’ population is growing constantly. It has no bugs either. L2P noob. Oh and buy new computer… for 2000 bucks.

• @Peacerer:

You are wrong. Game is sooo alive and its’ population is growing constantly. It has no bugs either. L2P noob. Oh and buy new computer… for 2000 bucks.

I’m starting to like you!

• It is true that people who frequently use alt swings produce bugged animations unknowingly, but if we try to spread the information on the bug, there will be some people who will gladly knowingly abuse it. It is better to keep the information less public than letting everyone know about it. I remember when I loved the alt swings and only used them. I also completely unknowingly produced bugged animations with every other attack, making blocking completely unusable. But then a friend brought to my attention the bug related them and I’ve since debinded them completely. You also can’t blame the devs for the problems the game has right now. They’re a small group and they have lives as well. Once they get settled in, the updates will be cranked out. They’ve already started to focus on bug fixes with the coming updates, and they have been very good at listening to the community on how to deal with exploits and bugs. There is no need to discourage them.

• @XaleUdo:

You also can’t blame the devs for the problems the game has right now. They’re a small group bla bla bla…

Who else? Ofcourse TBS is the only one to be blamed for current state of the game. It’s entirely their fault, noone’s elses.

Give players shit mechanism, give them choice to cheat, give them option to abuse… they will! It’s simple as this. It is TBS’ fault. Being an “indie” doesn’t extenuate the fact.

• @Peacerer:

@XaleUdo:

You also can’t blame the devs for the problems the game has right now. They’re a small group bla bla bla…

Who else? Ofcourse TBS is the only one to be blamed for current state of the game. It’s entirely their fault, noone’s elses.

Give players shit mechanism, give them choice to cheat, give them option to abuse… they will! It’s simple as this. It is TBS’ fault. Being an “indie” doesn’t extenuate the fact.

Got a better medevial fps Multiplayer war game?

• @elitenoob:

You cant block an Alt-Attack, its a known issue that has been around since January - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLOCK.

I block Alt attacks all the time. Some weapons make it harder but that’s just not true.

• @Dr:

@elitenoob:

I block Alt attacks all the time. Some weapons make it harder but that’s just not true.

I suppose it should actually go something like this -

You can’t block an alt attack that comes after a feint, unless you aim your parry at the direction it’s not coming from.

• I agree completely with OP.

What i don’t understand is, they have a beta client. Why do glitched mechanics make their way into the game at all?

The game is pretty much dead, And if the devs patch out the bs mechanics most of the ‘competitive’ exploiters will quit rather than actually learn timing.

The thing is, all the problems/exploits related to the game were known as early as the beta. you had swing draggers and feint spammers, it just never occurred to the dev team to address it?

I keep hanging around hoping for the game to get fixed, instant overheads removed, skilled timing based fighting to return, mod tools to be released. They’re being so slow about it.

• @JCash:

What i don’t understand is, they have a beta client. Why do glitched mechanics make their way into the game at all?

They don’t know how to test.

Slygoat: Trebuchet 3 displaying as trebuchet 4 is fixed.

2 months later

Player: Thought you said that was fixed.

Slygoat: Well the developer told me it was fixed.

• @Sir_Henric:

@Peacerer:

@XaleUdo:

Got a better medevial fps Multiplayer war game?

That’s irrelevant.

• The game I’ve spent months playing and going onto forums to complain about isn’t a complete and perfect recreation of historical warfare with exploding kittens. Wah!

• @BillDoor:

The game I’ve spent months playing and going onto forums to complain about isn’t a complete and perfect recreation of historical warfare with exploding kittens. Wah!

So now you’re de valuing the critique based on what? Your loyalty to the game. Yes, we all play it, we’re all aware its the best option out there in the genre of our choice. I mean, there are others. Mount and blade, war of the roses, dark messiah of might and magic, age of chivalry, age of conan, darkfall, mortal online, skyrim, oblivion, morrowind, pvk2.

The idea that ‘its good enough so don’t complain or comment on it’ is stupid. It would never improve. We can all recognize at the same time that the game has both flaws and triumphs. Your comment, it doesn’t improve or add to the discourse.

• @JCash:

Your comment, it doesn’t improve or add to the discourse.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to assist in your pity part … I mean, yet another thread talking about how the game isn’t good enough and the developers aren’t working hard enough.

• @BillDoor:

@JCash:

Your comment, it doesn’t improve or add to the discourse.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to assist in your pity part … I mean, yet another thread talking about how the game isn’t good enough and the developers aren’t working hard enough.

maybe if enough of them pop up they’ll get the point right ;)

But you did assist the pity party. You realize by making your ill thought out rabidly defensive fanboi like remarks, you actually just give those of use here more certainty that we are right? after all the only one disagreeing with us is inarticulate and overly aggressive.

• Identifying bugs and suggesting improvements is great but simply trying to shame developers for not meeting your personal standards is a worthless contribution.

• @holdenmcclure:

Identifying bugs and suggesting improvements is great but simply trying to shame developers for not meeting your personal standards is a worthless contribution.

You de-value the opinions of a large amount of chivalry players by saying the game doesnt live up to, I assume my or the OP’s, ‘personal standards.’

Its not a personal standard, its not that I’m the only individual thinking the game has issues and the devs are extremely slow to fix them. It is the opinion held by a large number of people, as shown by the plethora of threads. It is an opinion that needs an outlet and expression. What exactly is your opinion? That the game is perfect? That we’re not allowed to talk about the issues in the game?

Identifying others that share your view points, getting them justified in a sense, is an important part of being human. Its not having to exist on your own, and understanding that when exposed to the same things people form similar judgements. The bonding that is going on in this thread over our disappointment in the current state of the game is wonderful. I feel so connected to you all right now.

• I’m actually quite amazed that you managed to stretch a post of so little substance into something like 3 paragraphs of text. It started off by saying voicing dissatisfaction with the speed of their work is a constructive complaint, that other people agree with you, and some sort of incoherent philosophical ramblings about how voicing your opinions is part of being human. Your posts are a chore to read and have tons of filler that consists of throwing my opinions into unwarranted extremes or simply refuting arguments I never even made.

• @holdenmcclure:

I’m actually quite amazed that you managed to stretch a post of so little substance into something like 3 paragraphs of text. It started off by saying voicing dissatisfaction with the speed of their work is a constructive complaint, that other people agree with you, and some sort of incoherent philosophical ramblings about how voicing your opinions is part of being human. Your posts are a chore to read and have tons of filler that consists of throwing my opinions into unwarranted extremes or simply refuting arguments I never even made.

And I imagine a dog wouldn’t be too interested in having quantum theory explained to it. Get the point? Sorry, I’ll re-phrase for you. Woof woof bark bark.

• @JCash:

And I imagine a dog wouldn’t be too interested in having quantum theory explained to it. Get the point? Sorry, I’ll re-phrase for you. Woof woof bark bark.

Ah I see I see, your words are so sage and intellectual that my puny mind simply cannot comprehend the lamentations of a dissatisfied Chivalry player. Carry on then, I hope you can find like-minded peers in the upper echelons of society that can understand your words.