Competitive Practice

• Due to the fact that there are not a lot of servers that have outstanding ping levels and player limits that compliment the competitive scene. I have a server up that is LTS and has 40 ping with post people that has 6v6 LTS and is public, so that you can go and practice if your team isn’t on. HAVE FUN!

SERVER: =f= Faucheur TO/LTS Only

server Location is ATL avg. player ping so far is 68

• Good work, but where are you located? Or where is your server located? The ping will not be low for everybody. Only those people in a certain locality will be able to play with good ping.

• Same for my server, though it’s 8v8. Not everyone has the same ping obviously, but pretty much every clan server has competitve rules (100% team damage and first person only) and good ping for most people of that clan. Find one that’s a good speed for you

• Chivalry and competitive… :D

• @Peacerer:

Chivalry and competitive… :D

com·pet·i·tive
    /k?m?pet?tiv/Adjective
    1.Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.

com·pe·ti·tion (kmp-tshn)
    n.
    1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.
    2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition.

Seems like the very definition to me

• @Daiyuki:

@Peacerer:

com·pet·i·tive
    /k?m?pet?tiv/Adjective

n.

What he is saying is, competitive chivalry makes as much sense as competitive rock paper scissors - which also exists.

• @JCash:

@Daiyuki:

@Peacerer:

com·pet·i·tive
    /k?m?pet?tiv/Adjective

n.

What he is saying is, competitive chivalry makes as much sense as competitive rock paper scissors - which also exists.

Then there are a hell of a lot of people who play chivalry that somehow win 90% of rock paper scissors games. It’s not like you’d compete if they made it “less random” anyway.

• It’s not even about whether he (or i for that matter) would compete but rather about bringing Chivalry closer to competitive scene. To let this game evolve to competitive level. As it stands now Chivalry sounds like a joke (or bad dream) in correlation with competitive gaming.

Ask Steve, he knows. ;)

• Saying Chivalry isn’t a competitive game right now.

• @Del:

Saying Chivalry isn’t a competitive game right now.

It is not. What are people competing for?

Where is the prize money? The sponsorship? The plethora of leagues?

People play monopoly or rock paper scissors in competition, i wouldnt really call those ‘competitive games.’

You see, most games, if not all games, it might be a fundamental feature of games, involve competition between people. But when you call something a ‘competitive game’ it has different connotations. Chivalry is not a competitive game, its a game people compete in, which is somewhat different.

• Server: =f= Faucheur TO/LTS Only

This is the server name, is located from ATL and is a MultiPlay Server, AVG. player ping so far is 68.

• @JCash:

FOR GLOOOOOORRRRYYY!!!

• @Del:

@JCash:

FOR GLOOOOOORRRRYYY!!!

Sorry luv, not cutting it. It is as competitive as the mod was, as competitive as, any given game that isnt really competitive is.

Starcraft, now that is a competitive game. Leagues, prize money, television, becoming a celebrity in korea. Counterstrike was a competitive game. This? No. Simply is not my luv.

• @JCash:

@Del:

@JCash:

FOR GLOOOOOORRRRYYY!!!

Sorry luv, not cutting it. It is as competitive as the mod was, as competitive as, any given game that isnt really competitive is.

Starcraft, now that is a competitive game. Leagues, prize money, television, becoming a celebrity in korea. Counterstrike was a competitive game. This? No. Simply is not my luv.

Well, yeah, but those games have had many dozens of years to grow upon, chivalry has had, what, under like a year? It hasn’t had time to get actual sponsors and a large playerbase, but as the saying goes: Build it and they will come. Honestly I think title tournaments are fun enough, maybe for some people glory doesn’t cut it, but if all they’re playing for is money and to get on telivision. Well, I don’t want them in the tournament to begin with. You don’t NEED a prize to hold a tournament. Just the chance to prove your worth among the strongest clans and players and the possible glory it could lead to: That should be enough.

(On a side note, all of those other things are cool beans too, but I don’t think it’s the ‘core’ award.)