Can I play this game with minor lag?

• I am interested in buying the game, but unfortunately the only internet available where I live is… sub-par. I usually idle around 70-100 ping in most games, but it is continuous.

Any information is of course appreciated. Thanks!
    -Milky

• 70-100 is fine. I start to notice it in the 120+ range.

• It also depends on the server honestly, if you have grade a ISP but the server your trying to play on is in antarctic you will have bad ping, sort your browsers by “ping”

• 100 or below works fine for me.

• 70-90 is my preferred limit for playing.

120 ping and you’re going to start playing the “First-person dying simulator” as average reaction time + lag will be at or close to weapon windups.

• 120 is fine. It gets worse at 150 and up from my experience.

• 70-100ms of your ping + shitty netcode execution + server location variabilities + opponent’s lag due to no ping limit + unknown parameter = overall shitty experience.

Ofcourse you can play it.

• @Peacerer:

70-100ms of your ping + shitty netcode execution + server location variabilities + opponent’s lag due to no ping limit + unknown parameter = overall shitty experience.

Where is this “shitty netcode” proof?

• It’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t come further than to

Forever noobcake

I got no aim

• @Peacerer:

It’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t come further than to

Forever noobcake

I got no aim

Yet again, you post tremendous skill in validating your points…

• Thanks for all the info guys! All of my questions were answered, but to reply on a few things:

1. I really only play the servers which I can get the best possible connection on (best being the 70-100 ping range) As in almost any game, if I join the servers that are too distant or of poor quality… my ping enters the “un-fun” zone and my personal montage of death begins. So I simply avoid those servers at all times. If I have any friends that play with me, they can always join the room I get good connection in.

2. I assume I CAN play the game. But I use very simple titles for my threads, as if they get too long… people become uninterested, or the forum will not allow it. I could have titled it “How does Chivalry interpret lag? And does it interfere with play capability and skill?” or “What degree of lag compensation does chivalry implement?” But as they say, I like to “Keep it simple stupid.”

• @Peacerer:

70-100ms of your ping + shitty netcode execution + server location variabilities + opponent’s lag due to no ping limit + unknown parameter = overall shitty experience.

So… the only thing you do is hang around on these forums and post negative comments about everyting?

Pay no attention to this guy. Everything under 100 ping is perfectly playable.

• @Hitom:

@Peacerer:

Forever noobcake

I got no aim

Same as you ;)

btw Milky i can give you a copy of Chivalry if you want.

• @Peacerer:

@Hitom:

@Peacerer:

Forever noobcake

I got no aim

Same as you ;)

Where was the point that I failed to validate?

• @Peacerer:

I would appreciate that very much! It’s very kind of you!

• @Peacerer:

Forever noobcake

I got no aim

Why not withhold any attempts at putting it into layman’s terms and fully articulate this programming genius you’re keeping a secret. I mean if you really got the time to dissect the game’s code and identify this shitty netcode implementation then why not go the whole nine yards and patch it up.

• @Milky:

@Peacerer:

I would appreciate that very much! It’s very kind of you!

PM.

• If you are above 100 ping then you can bet your ass I’m gonna blame my death on your ping. :)