Make feints like this.

• Make a feint work like the way attacks work in mount&blade/wotr. That whenever you hold down the feint key, you have to do a mouse drag/movement in the direction that you want the feint to go.

Thoughts?

• @Hitom:

…direction that you want the feint to go.

Uhhh, what?

• @Hitom:

…direction that you want the feint to go.

Uhhh, no?

• Maybe you missunderstod… I was just wanting a change in how feints are executed by the player.

Instead of just pressing Q. You would have to press Q and do a mouse movement. (Think wotr/warband controls)

• The biggest whine over feints seem to be coming from the fact that parrying is so much harder to pull of then feinting.

• Nah, I think it’s better the way it is.

• @bagetti:

Nah, I think it’s better the way it is.

Why’?

• @Hitom:

@bagetti:

Why’?

Feints are not directional for one and for two that would be awkward as hell compared to RMB.

• @gregcau:

@Hitom:

@bagetti:

Why’?

Feints are not directional for one and for two that would be awkward as hell compared to RMB.

I never meant for it to change direction >.< I just meant the direction you drag the mouse. You have to drag it a certain way for overhead, certain way for stab, certain way for lmb. again… wotr/warband controls only for feints.

• OP is wrong, go play mount and blade.

Why would you do that its completely non intuitive.

Simply make it, so that with each weapon, and each swing type, feints are readable. Make sure that in the time between when you’re no longer able to feint a swing, and when a swing hits you, with any weapon, at any distance, there is time to block. If that is too hard remove them.

• @JCash:

OP is wrong, go play mount and blade.

Simply make it, so that with each weapon, and each swing type, feints are readable. Make sure that in the time between when you’re no longer able to feint a swing, and when a swing hits you, with any weapon, at any distance, there is time to block. If that is too hard remove them.

I find it pretty easy right now actually. Just saying.

• @NabsterHax:

@JCash:

No you don’t because its not easy. I’ve yet to meet a player that has the level of ESP needed to ‘read’ feints. Everyone is fallible, for you to claim some kind of special exception is foolish. I play all the time, i play against good players, with hundreds upon hundreds of hours, and they have almost no ability to read feints. Maybe you’re the solo virtuoso who has that capability, but given that I’ve never heard of you, I doubt it.

• The way i pictured this system to work. Is that you would have to have “perfect mouse movement” to pull off a good feint. With this system there is the potential for the feint to be to fast or to slow.

• @JCash:

@NabsterHax:

@JCash:

No you don’t because its not easy. I’ve yet to meet a player that has the level of ESP needed to ‘read’ feints. Everyone is fallible, for you to claim some kind of special exception is foolish. I play all the time, i play against good players, with hundreds upon hundreds of hours, and they have almost no ability to read feints. Maybe you’re the solo virtuoso who has that capability, but given that I’ve never heard of you, I doubt it.

I’ve never heard of you either. You don’t need ESP to “read” feints, you just need a brain and as much experience as possible. Obviously I can’t block every feint, but generally I try not to allow the enemy such an advantageous position to feint me. There are ways to trick your opponent into letting you parry too.

• You guys really derailed this one…

• Mouse drag for controls? In a first person game that requires extensive use of the mouse and battlefield awareness? No thanks

• @20k:

Mouse drag for controls? In a first person game that requires extensive use of the mouse and battlefield awareness? No thanks

It’s not uncommon. And the engine supports it totally. A guy even made a mod for this, just not for feints only.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.