How many use speedhacks?

• Hi!

I was just wondering, do you have any idea of how many people in Chivalry actually use speedhacks? Because increasing your speed by 5-10% isn’t something a lot of people would call obvious hacks.

Also, does Chivalry do anything to counter hacking?

• I have seen 1-2 speedhackers in 700 hours. Also, 5-10% speed increase is very noticable for experienced players.

• I have seen 954 speed hackers soo far.

It’s hard to tell exact number as this game doesn’t have UCE detection and injection is easy to do for anyone who knows 0 and 1 bit.

• 225 hours played and I’ve seen 3 videos of speed hackers, none in game.

• @Peacerer:

I have seen 954 speed hackers soo far.

It’s hard to tell exact number as this game doesn’t have UCE detection and injection is easy to do for anyone who knows 0 and 1 bit.

How can you notice them when you don’t play the game?

• @elitenoob:

@Peacerer:

Nono, you missunderstand. He is old school age of chivalry player! he hardcore man! Nobody likes chivalry! OMG DO YOU!? YOU ARE SO DUMB! LAWL!

• @elitenoob:

@Peacerer:

False question.

Also, you took my reply in your topic too seriously. :D That was in sarcastic way. Because those’re usual replies from shills/diehard fans to someone with (valid) complain.

• There is absolutely no hack detection or prevention in chivalry. You can download any of the most common ‘hacking’ programs online, click one box ‘enable speedhack’ and then you’re faster. You can precisely adjust how much you’re speed hacking. There was an entire clan who speed hacked.

It is incredibly common. Whoever said experienced players can notice a 5-10% increase is wrong. Most ‘experienced’ players would be unable to differentiate between that and slight lag, or adept use of the lookdown ‘mechanic.’ If you did call someone out on a slight speedhack all they would have to say is ‘l2p nub’ in chat, and everyone would instantly be on their side - after all in most games if you call hax you’re almost always wrong. In a game with no hack protection, who knows. There is also a guide in the guise of a bug report on the forums that shows players how to change computer settings and config to make them faster. Or there was.

Look at Retsnom, my old clan leader, who had changed config files that accidentally sped him up in game. All he tried to do was optimize his performance and that ended up happening. He actually scrimmed against other clans with this very noticeable speed boost, and it took months for anyone to notice and call him on it. Even with daily play against experienced players it took a while for people to notice something fishy.

If you played chivalry for any length of time you’ve almost certainly encountered several speed hackers, but you probably just thought they were good. After all you had no way of noticing. I’ve actually gone the exact same weapon as people before, or purposely chose a faster weapon, and watched as they still hit before me, far faster than they should be able to. Ive had people close distances or move out of ranges that i knew to be impossible for a player moving at normal speed. Not super impossible, just slightly impossible. The kind of impossible that would be possible with slightly more speed.

I just make a mental note of it when i think someone is hacking, and go about my business. No point calling anyone on it till there is some kind of prevention software or something. Anyone COULD be doing it. Although i’m sure the vast majority are not.

It is more common among high ranking non clanned players that like to pubstomp than it is among clan members. usually seen in FFA servers b/c there is no spectate view, less chance of getting called on it.

• @JCash:

There is absolutely no hack detection or prevention in chivalry. You can download any of the most common ‘hacking’ programs online, click one box ‘enable speedhack’ and then you’re faster. You can precisely adjust how much you’re speed hacking. There was an entire clan who speed hacked.

It is incredibly common. Whoever said experienced players can notice a 5-10% increase is wrong. Most ‘experienced’ players would be unable to differentiate between that and slight lag, or adept use of the lookdown ‘mechanic.’ If you did call someone out on a slight speedhack all they would have to say is ‘l2p nub’ in chat, and everyone would instantly be on their side - after all in most games if you call hax you’re almost always wrong. In a game with no hack protection, who knows. There is also a guide in the guise of a bug report on the forums that shows players how to change computer settings and config to make them faster. Or there was.

Look at Retsnom, my old clan leader, who had changed config files that accidentally sped him up in game. All he tried to do was optimize his performance and that ended up happening. He actually scrimmed against other clans with this very noticeable speed boost, and it took months for anyone to notice and call him on it. Even with daily play against experienced players it took a while for people to notice something fishy.

If you played chivalry for any length of time you’ve almost certainly encountered several speed hackers, but you probably just thought they were good. After all you had no way of noticing. I’ve actually gone the exact same weapon as people before, or purposely chose a faster weapon, and watched as they still hit before me, far faster than they should be able to. Ive had people close distances or move out of ranges that i knew to be impossible for a player moving at normal speed. Not super impossible, just slightly impossible. The kind of impossible that would be possible with slightly more speed.

I just make a mental note of it when i think someone is hacking, and go about my business. No point calling anyone on it till there is some kind of prevention software or something. Anyone COULD be doing it. Although i’m sure the vast majority are not.

It is more common among high ranking non clanned players that like to pubstomp than it is among clan members. usually seen in FFA servers b/c there is no spectate view, less chance of getting called on it.

This is 100% true, Speed hackers are everywhere, if you duel for a hour i bet you play atleast one speed hacker. TB needs to scan for Cheat Engine in the process tree and then atleast quit, if not ban.

• Global Moderator

There aren’t many.

But slight increases in speed are very noticeable to experienced players.

• Global Moderator

Right now hide that link so other people who like using other people hacks don’t see it and use it. There are many lurkers here that will love to use a speed hack.

Using the aoc_slomo command also allows you to increase the speed by up to 100% as well as slow it down. So I do know that a small speed increase is noticeable. Noticeable when your playing slightly faster with bots then go into a real game. As many attacks and stuff are very fast. Taking 0.1 seconds for things Normally. You think its going to hit but it doesn’t. So you have to spend a minute getting used to normal again.

And I would have about 200 ping anyway. Look at where I’m from.

• @lemonater47:

Right now hide that link so other people who like using other people hacks don’t see it and use it. There are many lurkers here that will love to use a speed hack.

Using the aoc_slomo command also allows you to increase the speed by up to 100% as well as slow it down. So I do know that a small speed increase is noticeable. Noticeable when your playing slightly faster with bots then go into a real game. As many attacks and stuff are very fast. Taking 0.1 seconds for things Normally. You think its going to hit but it doesn’t. So you have to spend a minute getting used to normal again.

Lol its one of the first things that come up when someone googles speed hack, and the term ‘cheat engine’ is all over the forum. It is the most common hacking tool in the gaming community, and has a surprising number of interesting legitimate uses. Anyway though

aoc_slomo is a server wide command, what are you talking about?

I’m telling you right now i know for a fact people don’t notice. You might get someone say ‘that seemed a little fast’ but you can blame it on lag, swing dragging, or just say ‘thats chiv for ya! buggy as ever.’

I love it when people argue with me about things they clearly know absolutely nothing about. Nothing, you know nothing of this. Everything you’ve said is wrong. Just stop.

• @JCash:

There is absolutely no hack detection or prevention in chivalry. You can download any of the most common ‘hacking’ programs online, click one box ‘enable speedhack’ and then you’re faster. You can precisely adjust how much you’re speed hacking. There was an entire clan who speed hacked.

It is incredibly common. Whoever said experienced players can notice a 5-10% increase is wrong. Most ‘experienced’ players would be unable to differentiate between that and slight lag, or adept use of the lookdown ‘mechanic.’

This is what I was worried for. Why there isn’t a cheat protection is beyond me.

• @bagetti:

@JCash:

It is incredibly common. Whoever said experienced players can notice a 5-10% increase is wrong. Most ‘experienced’ players would be unable to differentiate between that and slight lag, or adept use of the lookdown ‘mechanic.’

This is what I was worried for. Why there isn’t a cheat protection is beyond me.

Read my posts in the other thread, i linked it. There IS cheat protection, its false information.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12689&start=10

• @CRUSHED:

@bagetti:

@JCash:

Read my posts in the other thread, i linked it. There IS cheat protection, its false information.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12689&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12659&p=118850#p118850

3. Servers used anti-cheat plugins to deal with hacking in Age of Chivalry; hacking became extremely rare, only once in a blue moon would you actually see a speedhacker. The developers have attempted to use the unreal anti-speedhack system, but it doesn’t actually work right now. A whole lot more focus needs putting into anti-hack systems, whether it’s moving more actions server-side as opposed to client side, or developing tools which detects and bans speedhackers.

You’re a cute one ;) want to try again my love?

• @JCash:

3. Servers used anti-cheat plugins to deal with hacking in Age of Chivalry; hacking became extremely rare, only once in a blue moon would you actually see a speedhacker. The developers have attempted to use the unreal anti-speedhack system, but it doesn’t actually work right now. A whole lot more focus needs putting into anti-hack systems, whether it’s moving more actions server-side as opposed to client side, or developing tools which detects and bans speedhackers.

You’re a cute one ;) want to try again my love?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12689&p=119498#p119498

Stop embarrasing yourself. Now.

• Thousands of Chiv accounts have downloaded cheat engine. How many active players on a daily basis are using it? None of us can say for sure, but I’m betting it’s a double-digit percentage.

The focus needs to be on the devs, as they’re allowing it to happen. When allowed a method of cheating, many players will always go that route. It’s upon the developers to protect their game and offer the community a fair and level playing field.

The fact that they’ve taken our cash and thrown their hands up in the air is appalling. If you can’t provide basic support and protection for your title, then stick to coding mods. Thanks.

• Global Moderator

@JCash:

@lemonater47:

Lol its one of the first things that come up when someone googles speed hack, and the term ‘cheat engine’ is all over the forum. It is the most common hacking tool in the gaming community, and has a surprising number of interesting legitimate uses. Anyway though

aoc_slomo is a server wide command, what are you talking about?

I’m telling you right now i know for a fact people don’t notice. You might get someone say ‘that seemed a little fast’ but you can blame it on lag, swing dragging, or just say ‘thats chiv for ya! buggy as ever.’

I love it when people argue with me about things they clearly know absolutely nothing about. Nothing, you know nothing of this. Everything you’ve said is wrong. Just stop.

You may not notice but others do. The last speed hacker I saw took some serious looking and I didn’t actually know. I was a vanguard and he was an archer. But he seemed a tad faster than he should be. Openly suspected him of being a speed hacker in chat. Then he tries to vote kick me and calls me a speed hacker. Kinda obvious that he is now.

And like I said. Using the aoc_slomo command say in in a game with Bots then Changing to a normal server again takes a minute of getting used to.

And when its in the 5% area you can only really notice by comparison in speeds and when they attack with a really fast weapon and if you know how fast the really fast weapons are. Though why would you do 5% anyway. 10% is a bit more noticeable. That can turn a greatsword into a claymore. And you can just tell he’s Moving faster.

• Recorded a speed hacker today, never laughed so hard. Jyitrs noob! LMAO!

• I’ve been noticing more recently that certain players I absolutely cannot catch, even with the Chase Code. I was playing some FFA the other day, and I usually only play on servers I get less than 75 ping on. This Vanguard was impossible to catch, even with his name up on my screen and running in a straight line.

Maybe chase code can be disabled or just bugs out?