The reason why I love chivalry

• Hey,

Long time lurker, decided to register to give my thoughts on the game :).

I think this is the closest anyone has gotten to fluid combat in a game. there are so many areas where this cannot occur in other games. for example, I love how, unscripted, I can duck under an attack and have the enemy’s swing kill his friend. It’s exhilirating and feels so real!

I like how heart thumping it is to face two enemies. You’re trying to execute a pattern of blocking their hits and taking each one out in a rhythm. Block, hit, block, kick, retreat, duck swing. It’s all feels real and desperate.

I think thats what I like about it the most. The combat feels desperate like real life. It takes a lot more balls to carry a sword into battle than shoot a gun. It depends on your strength, your reflexes, your endurance. So I love how TBS implemented this sort of desperate melee where you’re kicking, ducking, swinging left, right, up, stabbing. The human element is the thing. It’s all very human fighting.

Kind of hard to put my feelings across but this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. I was a long time Age of chivalry player and thought that was amazing. Now i’m in awe of how well this game has turned out. Yeah, sure there are bugs, sure there are exploits/glitches/imbalances out there but you know what? I’d take this indie game over a AAA Game by a major studio any day.

See you on the battlefield, i’ll be the one covered in blood and smiling.

Sol,
    Level 42

• Glad you love the game. I feel exactly the same way. Taking on multiple opponents in Chivalry is an adrenaline pumping experience that I haven’t felt in any games for a long time.

• Good and true post!

• Thank you for your thoughtful post! Glad you are enjoying Chivalry as much as you are. I’ve been playing for almost 600 hours now… the longest I’ve played any game, and I never tire of it.

This game is in no way perfect, but we’re doing what we can to get the kinks worked out. It’s not going to be done over night and granted, patches have been quite delayed, but it’s getting closer and closer for the studio to be up and running and updates will be a lot faster. Thanks for your support!

Keep on slashin’! ;)

• The hacks are getting worse though. It really isn’t an issue for seasoned players, since these hacker noobs are so terrible players, but I could see it throwing some people of the game maybe.

• @Hitom:

The hacks are getting worse though. It really isn’t an issue for seasoned players, since these hacker noobs are so terrible players, but I could see it throwing some people of the game maybe.

I know the hacking is a major issue and we are currently working on getting this taken care of somehow. Stay tuned!

• I’m still having fun. So are all 7 of my friends i recruited lately xD

• ^_^

Chivalry is currently beset by many issues. But things like this are what gives it a strong enough core that the issues don’t matter quite as much.

The game is involving in a way few games have been lately. Chivalry is a good thing.

• @Hitom:

I’m still having fun. So are all 7 of my friends i recruited lately xD

Oh that’s awesome :) The nice thing with this is that you can show your friends how the game should be played and not to rage quit when the higher level players are beating them so badly XD Go on an empty server and show them the ways!

@Funkmaster:

^_^

Chivalry is currently beset by many issues. But things like this are what gives it a strong enough core that the issues don’t matter quite as much.

The game is involving in a way few games have been lately. Chivalry is a good thing.

A very positive attitude, yet still realistic. We all know there are issues, but I don’t think it is all one should focus on, because the game is still so much fun :) Thanks!

• Feel the same, I never had played AoC :’( but when I came across Chivalry in December, I was amazed.
    Such a great concept which has been executed awesomely. There’s no greater feeling than getting right into a battle, losing all of your stamina, getting smashed down to no health at all with the heartbeat in your ears only to push back, cut down your enemies and emerge victorious!

Great, thanks. Now I feel like playing Chivalry, but I’m at work :(

I’ve never been bothered by Chivalry’s bugs and exploits, I believe it adds flavour in some ways. You never know what exploit/fighting style a player you haven’t fought before might use, it allows you to grow your own style and become better.

• There really is something strange about Chivalry. It does feel like a much more exhilarating experience than other competitive multiplayer games, whether you’re enjoying it more or not.

• @holdenmcclure:

There really is something strange about Chivalry. It does feel like a much more exhilarating experience than other competitive multiplayer games, whether you’re enjoying it more or not.

Its much more scary being charged with a two-handed sword, given time to panic about losing your head - then to be sniped from 1000 yards.

• Because immersion.

• So glad you guys agree :).

I think that every game that is truly loved by the fans has a large number of complaints, issues etc. Its because the fans care that they will find issues with it. I reckon many games that don’t have the complaints, criticisms etc arn’t quite as loved by its fans.

by NaTe There’s no greater feeling than getting right into a battle, losing all of your stamina, getting smashed down to no health at all with the heartbeat in your ears only to push back, cut down your enemies and emerge victorious!

I completely agree! it’s so exhilirating to be victorious when you are out of stamina. Your class is panting, heaving with every last effort, to get that sweet kill.

I’ll make sure every gamer friend i have hears about this game :D

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.