Near 6 months after release, many things are still unfixed

• I’m a long time player of chivalry, and AoC. This isn’t a “Torn banner sux!” thread, because I know making a melee combat game is difficult. This is about the balancing that needs to be addressed, and things that have been repeatedly overlooked despite the length of time the game has been released, which i personally feel should have been fixed/dealt with with a more focused approach

That’s all i can think of at the moment. I’ll add anything else if it comes to mind

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game and I respect the hell out of what you’ve done, but its simply too buggy and unbalanced for me to enjoy anymore. I sincerely hope you fix some of the more glaring flaws, at least

• My friend, release version WAS more stable than the current

• Yes, I agree

• And I have to agree as well, unfortunately.

• Actually a very good post. Pretty much outlines most of the problems the game faces at the moment. Just one thing:

The ballistas still require one shot before they are mouse controllable. Given the long reload time and high probability of being shot off a ballista, this is extremely annoying

I don’t actually know what issue you’re referring to here; could you elaborate slightly? I don’t have any problems when using the ballista.

• @Bloodhead:

Actually a very good post. Pretty much outlines most of the problems the game faces at the moment. Just one thing:

The ballistas still require one shot before they are mouse controllable. Given the long reload time and high probability of being shot off a ballista, this is extremely annoying

I don’t actually know what issue you’re referring to here; could you elaborate slightly? I don’t have any problems when using the ballista.

That particular ballista issue only happens on Hillside, and doesn’t happen to everyone. It’s one of the stranger bugs at the moment.

• @Bloodhead:

Actually a very good post. Pretty much outlines most of the problems the game faces at the moment. Just one thing:

Ballista’s like to turn on their own still and will refuse to move until you have fired them once in some cases. This usually happens when you are knocked off a ballista by damage taken and you immediately try to hop back on or it some instances you are simply try to turn a ballista and it will either lock itself in position until fired or it will continue turning on its own.

• @SlyGoat:

@Bloodhead:

That particular ballista issue only happens on Hillside, and doesn’t happen to everyone. It’s one of the stranger bugs at the moment.

Umm, it happens to Citadel too.

• @DokB:

happens when you are knocked off a ballista by damage taken and you immediately try to hop back on it.

+1
    or if your teammate gets hit off and you are the first to get back on it. It must be fired by someone before it will work. Of course by then you’ll get hit off again.

@trickshot:

Umm, it happens to Citadel too.

+1

• I find it impossible to believe anybody can take this game seriously in a competitive sense when the combat remains so hopeless broken and the devs are nowhere to be found.

• @Goden:

I find it impossible to believe anybody can take this game seriously in a competitive sense when the combat remains so hopeless broken and the devs are nowhere to be found.

I like to think that they are busy at work, chained to their desks. ;)

• @Goden:

I find it impossible to believe anybody can take this game seriously in a competitive sense when the combat remains so hopeless broken and the devs are nowhere to be found.

The devs are fixing crap, but in my opinion they are fixing entirely the wrong crap. Feinting isn’t so much of an issue that it needs to be looked at before other things, for example

Oh and the devs still don’t have an EU beta server. Seriously? There are a number of good cheap EU servers, it shouldn’t cost that much time and effort to set one up

• @20k:

Oh and the devs still don’t have an EU beta server. Seriously? There are a number of good cheap EU servers, it shouldn’t cost that much time and effort to set one up

Heh I had that grump during the Alpha, used to be so hard to test! Oh you should have heard the wailing from the Americans though for the ONE week they had to play on an EU Alpha server… XD

The devs are planning on having an EU beta server up for their 2nd major patch though, (not the 1.5 patch that’s currently in beta). As that will focus on changes to balance and mechanics, and will therefore require a lot more accuracy and less lag to test things like parrying and feinting properly. :)

• Don’t worry, we currently have 4 EU beta servers now. So they will be up in the next beta (finally!). Sorry it took so long.

• @20k:

@Goden:

The devs are fixing crap, but in my opinion they are fixing entirely the wrong crap. Feinting isn’t so much of an issue that it needs to be looked at before other things, for example

What are these other things then?

• @Goden:

+1

• I don’t mean to join in on the whine, as I do genuinely enjoy this game, but sometimes it feels like the devs priorities are all out of whack.

The game needs hotfix patches in addition to their preferred release schedule of larger patches.

There are certain things that are gamebreaking or near-gamebreaking that have been broken for MONTHS. It’s ridiculous.

You still to this day cannot play a game of Team Deathmatch on an official server. The game never ends even after one team has been completely defeated. How is this still in the game? An entire Game mode ruins the server because people don’t want to suicide or wait out the timer, so everyone leaves.

Then the sprint toggle bug that chops off 25% of your health out of nowhere has gotten me killed more times than I can count. The answer to that problem should not be “Well just press and hold shift”, the answer should be fix the damn bug. We don’t need months of beta testing to fix small issues like this affecting gameplay in a major way.

• Really? We play TDM all the time on the official asian servers without any problems.

• I close the game everytime I fail to recapitulate my death. It takes 10 minutes.

Game was better when it was released.

• @fornaxxx:

Game was better when it was released.

Nah, same bugs, same exploits (except for the alt-attacks which came in CU1).

Difference is once you have logged 400 hours you notice the issues and the exploits (many of which are legit within the game design) because you have so much experience.

Its just the evolution of the game.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.