Razer Naga side key issues (only with Chivalry)

• Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with a problem.

I recently got hold of a Razer Naga, and the side keys work great. However, Chivalry, for whatever reason, does not recognise the side keys as a num pad, or as the numbers row for whatever reason, like it usually does in other games.

Whenever I try to change the key bindings in the Chivalry menu, it thinks button number one is left click, number two is page up, etc. (totally random keys)

I know I’m not the only one who uses a naga, so I was wondering if any of you guys had come across problems with your Naga, and if you had figured or found some way of fixing it?

Things I have tried:
    Rolling back drivers and uninstalling synapse 2.0
    Changing the bindings within synapse to letter keys instead, then changing it within Chivalry.
    Trying other games, to see if the problem extends beyond chivalry, and it doesn’t

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Yeah, I also use a Naga, and what you have to do is type in the number word when you bind then. For example: The number 1 would have to be typed out as one. This of course, is when you manually bind it. If you do it in the menu, then just clicking 1 on the keyboard will still work with the 1 on the mouse side button.

• Thanks for taking the time to reply Kimiko.

After trying out your advice, I think there must be some sort of technical problem with the mouse itself. It wont use any other binds but the numpad, and I had to do a firmware update to get that far. Also, the naga configurator isn’t recognizing that I have a mouse plugged in at all.

However I got it to work! kinda. If I keep num lock on, and toggle sprint on, it doesn’t seem to interfere with my actions anymore.

Thanks again for your help, it spurred me into the solution!

• Hmm strange that it didn’t work for you like it did for me, but I’m glad you were able to come up with some kind of a solution that works for you :)

And you’re welcome. Have fun! :)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.