Would you buy DLC?

• Hi!

I’m aware that TB aren’t planning on releasing DLC but instead adding content via patches. But I’m curious to see how many of you would actually buy a DLC?

Let’s say the DLC costs $5 and contains:
    -2 new maps
    -4 new weapons
    -Different armor set

Would you buy it?

• We all would… >.< That’s not the issue. We shouldn’t have to. If you go 5 years back, this was actually quite common for video games support.

• If it had a scythe, yes.

• Gating the players? No

Would be even more “empty” (less maps/server for the unpaying)

• @Hitom:

We all would… >.< That’s not the issue. We shouldn’t have to. If you go 5 years back, this was actually quite common for video games support.

Would we all though? I’m not sure if I would. And buying cheaply made DLC is a good way for TB to get more money to further improve the game.

@ragnarok:

Gating the players? No

People who have bought the DLC would still be able to play with people who haven’t.

• @bagetti:

@Hitom:

We all would… >.< That’s not the issue. We shouldn’t have to. If you go 5 years back, this was actually quite common for video games support.

Would we all though? I’m not sure if I would.

@ragnarok:

Gating the players? No

People who have bought the DLC would still be able to play with people who haven’t.

Yes, you would… Consumers gotten so used to everything being cash shopped now days.
    Though if chivalry continues with their awesome support for free, I think they would grow a massive playerbase over time. None! gives equal amount of support for their video games now days for free.

• I dunno to be honest. Would I to support the devs? Definitely, but it sucks when devs release DLC and it divides the community between people who have and havent bought DLC. I think back to when I bought Euroforce booster pack for BF2 and it was impossible to find populated servers with Euroforce content.

• @Hitom:

None! gives equal amount of support for their video games now days for free

that is sad, but true.

I would buy it if it would add stuff i really like and if it would be kinda cheap.
    I would not buy just a few more maps or helmets.

• chivalry isnt really at the point where they can afford to start gating the community. they’re not like huge companies with millions and millions invested into marketing. they gain enough exposure from people talking about new content updates whether it be word of mouth or game sites reporting on it (if that happens). If they start dividing the community now there won’t be much left.

• I would pay $100 for an scimitar that was faster than the shortsword and did damage like the greatsword.

Oh the rage it would cause, be awesome.

• @gregcau:

I would pay $100 for an scimitar that was faster than the shortsword and did damage like the greatsword.

Oh the rage it would cause, be awesome.

Dual wield release norse sword. €75.-

• If I love a game enough, I definitely would, but it has to be reasonable or forget it.

Once the mod tools are released, that will really make the game and community grow and a lot of people will be happy, because they can either work on making stuff for Chivalry and/or be the people who try out the mods people make and offer suggestions for more.

• Yes I would. I would love too see additional voice packs (done as well as TB) for DLC as well. Even better, if these additional voice packs could be combined with the original voice pack to add a very large random selection to what you might hear, that would be right-on!

• it’d be nice to have more voice packs but as it stands the only voice commands people use are “laugh” or “no” whenever they kill someone and I doubt that’ll ever change.

• You’ll never have to pay for new maps. New weapons either - not if there are any statistical differences rather than just being a clone of another weapon with a different look.

I would rather know if players would be willing to buy cosmetic DLC, since that’s the only kind we’d ever sell.

• @SlyGoat:

You’ll never have to pay for new maps. New weapons either - not if there are any statistical differences rather than just being a clone of another weapon with a different look.

I would rather know if players would be willing to buy cosmetic DLC, since that’s the only kind we’d ever sell.

You already know what I pay for cosmetically. Then I would play 3rd person only.

• @SlyGoat:

You’ll never have to pay for new maps. New weapons either - not if there are any statistical differences rather than just being a clone of another weapon with a different look.

I’d be willing to buy cosmetic DLC.

• @gregcau:

@SlyGoat:

You already know what I pay for cosmetically. Then I would play 3rd person only.

But that armor will not protect you.

• Hmm. Well there isn’t a scythe in the game, but sure, make it free for all.
    I don’t know if I’d pay for a generic ‘death’ suit. I dunno. I kind of had enough hats with TF2.
    Maybe character customization tools would be worth something if custom suits would be displayed to other players. Seems more like a mod thing though.

• @BillDoor:

I don’t know if I’d pay for a generic ‘death’ suit.

I don’t think anyone wants you to adorn armor that breaks immersion or conflicts with the setting.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.