Knockback with maul and full stamina

• Feels like RNG, but when you parry an attack with maul you get knockbacked as if you would have zero stamina left. Already an gimped weapon, but on top of that its even bugged

Another NEW bug from recent patches.
    I have no fucking idea how you do that devs, I absolutely have no idea
    Another reason why release version was billion times more stable

• @janii:

Feels like RNG, but when you parry an attack with maul you get knockbacked as if you would have zero stamina left. Already an gimped weapon, but on top of that its even bugged

This going off from what i’d assume. If you got hit by a gaint stone hammer in real life and you blocked am sure you’d be thrown back atleast a little bit

• Quite a few weapons knock you back when you successfully parry, but it doesn’t always happen, I think it can depend on elevation too. I actually don’t even know why, parrying shouldn’t knock you back at all.

• @HackNslash:

@janii:

Feels like RNG, but when you parry an attack with maul you get knockbacked as if you would have zero stamina left. Already an gimped weapon, but on top of that its even bugged

This going off from what i’d assume. If you got hit by a gaint stone hammer in real life and you blocked am sure you’d be thrown back atleast a little bit

I have zero understanding of what you said.
    Let me introduce you an easier version.
    Evil murderer attacks me with a tiny dagger. I succesfully parried that hit, even though the game is absolutely bugged I really managed to parry it. But that parry results on a knockback to me.

Big Hero with maul gets knockback from parry (as i would have zero stamina left, but I had full) from a tiny dagger held by a murderer

@Martin, it also happened on Longsword and Zweihander, but the Maul is pretty much every 3 duel round affected. I even got chain knockback once (3 times a row) even with full stamina. He was surprised to see me knockback, so he didnt attack immediately

• Hmm if you are talking about the daze where you can’t do anything, that is a bug. Right now, you can be out-of-stamina-dazed with full stamina thanks to the reverse stun glitch. See this video courtesy of Dr Nick for more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRyV-g_jjDI.

Yes, it’s an absolute bitch, I can’t remember if it’s fixed in the beta or not.

• @janii:

-snip-

My bad, i thought you only meant the maul, not other weapons. I’ve ever experienced this with a maul and i assumed it was just a gameplay feature since its solid stone.

• @Martin:

It is.

• @Martin:

Hmm if you are talking about the daze where you can’t do anything, that is a bug. Right now, you can be out-of-stamina-dazed with full stamina thanks to the reverse stun glitch. See this video courtesy of Dr Nick for more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRyV-g_jjDI.

Yup I came to say that it might be because of this bug. Thanks for linking my video :)

I have noticed that some weapons like the maul and halberd knock people back aways on some hits though so I’m not completely sure…

• Mod

@janii:

What you said

Did you consider not blocking mauls for the time being and just avoiding them by sidestepping or backing away? No effect on you that way.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.