Disable feint at server level

• I would definitely host my own servers if I could disable feint.

[attachment=0:2nm9quiq]fixed.gif[/attachment:2nm9quiq]

• That is a good idea Sir.

Opinions about feinting are split so why not afford the option?

• Agree with this. Options are just better for everybody. The things that are most popular will float to the top.

• I would host it too if it made everyone stop complaining about feinting.

• I would host a server too guys. That would definitly be worth it :D Nice idea

• I don’t think that so many people will be opposed to the “new” feint mechanics that will be out in patch 2. Removing feint entirely would be a devastating blow to slow weapons making the game inbalanced.

• @bagetti:

I don’t think that so many people will be opposed to the “new” feint mechanics that will be out in patch 2. Removing feint entirely would be a devastating blow to slow weapons making the game inbalanced.

Well, we could just go and find out. It’s not like anyone in pub cares much about balance anyway.

• No. You’d split the community between feinters and non feinters and from them on have 2 groups with differing experiences of the game and

balancing things would be impossible. Worse even than the 3person 1st person issues.

I mean i wanted to say yes because im sure the second someone played on a non feint server they’d like it

But its just a bad idea to split the community in such a manner

• How would it ‘split’ the community? That’s like saying LTS only servers split the community.
    I’ve played using feint and I’ve played without using feint. Disabling feint doesn’t create weapon imbalance, it creates player balance. But to each their own, that’s why I think it should be a server option.

• @JCash:

No. You’d split the community between feinters and non feinters and from them on have 2 groups with differing experiences of the game and

balancing things would be impossible. Worse even than the 3person 1st person issues.

I mean i wanted to say yes because im sure the second someone played on a non feint server they’d like it

Ok, we’ll stick with feint and balancing around that idea then? Sounds good to me.

• ESL is first person only. It would be interesting to see if feints or not would be prefered by the competetive scene.

• @Helgeran:

ESL is first person only. It would be interesting to see if feints or not would be prefered by the competitive scene.

I am, or at least up until recently was a part of the competitive scene

The answer is no, nobody wants feints taken out of the game. Fights would take much too long, and map times would need to be extended to keep balance.

There are two major ways to get around a players block in chivalry competitive play. The first is feinting. The second is exploiting the flaws in the combat system (Faster alt swings, ghost swings, kiting with toggle sprint, facehugging’s lack of serious hit detection, lookdown overhead and the numerous problems it brings, slash->stab SoW, MAA dodge exploit, bardiche lookdown overhead specifically, jump stabbing’s lack of hit detection, stumble exploit, drag swings have very buggy hit detection and lag as they move, instahitting with alt slashes, bugging through parries with drag stabs at just the right angle etc etc etc. This is just off the top of my head).

• I wouldn’t run my feint free server to please the competitive scene. That’s rather the point.

• @BillDoor:

I wouldn’t run my feint free server to please the competitive scene. That’s rather the point.

I like how that one other dude thinks he speaks for the entire competitive scene.

I like how he thinks there is one uniform ‘competitive scene’ with the same opinions regarding game mechanics.

I like this because both of those things are untrue, and i find the errors of others amusing.

• Feints are fine as they are. People who don’t like feints only care about playing out their powertripping fantasy where the only thing they have to worry about is swinging and spinning to win. Oh and the people who enjoy being locked in a parry exchange for 5 minutes.

Feints punish people who don’t pay attention in the midst of battle.

• Thanks for the drive-by insult which doesn’t actually address the thread topic - which is the choice to disable feint by server operators. Your moral objections to dismantling your crutch mechanism are noted.

• @JCash:

No. You’d split the community between feinters and non feinters and from them on have 2 groups with differing experiences of the game and

Agree although Id use the feint servers ;)

The promised changes to feints look good, lets try those.

• So the community is too small but the #1 reason new players quit so soon is because the community is already split into those who feint and those who don’t feint.
    Neat little circle we’ve got going here.
    90% of the complaints about this game are because of feints or feint related mechanics that noobs don’t understand.
    I’m not even saying remove feint - I’m saying let the server operator choose. That doesn’t seem an unreasonable request.

• @BillDoor:

Thanks for the drive-by insult which doesn’t actually address the thread topic - which is the choice to disable feint by server operators. Your moral objections to dismantling your crutch mechanism are noted.

I rarely use feint, but I know when it has its uses. Your projecting betrays your irrational bias.

Letting servers decide on allowing feints opens the floodgates for people demanding other functions be optional. It’s just babymode for people who lack imagination and tactile attentiveness.

• @BillDoor:

Thanks for the drive-by insult which doesn’t actually address the thread topic - which is the choice to disable feint by server operators. Your moral objections to dismantling your crutch mechanism are noted.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.